Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Seattle/Tacoma Sleevers with surgeries approaching?

Anybody seeing Dr. Srikanth and attending the support meetings? @@kadie777?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hi Camber, I have not attended a support meeting but am considering it. I really like Kristin and she runs them I believe. Camber, what date did you do your pre-op group meeting with Kristin?

@@Seastar My post-op is two weeks after the surgery.

I can't comment on Dr. Housework but so far I love Dr. Srikanth and his nurse, Kristen, and all of the staff at the office. He is very thorough which has been reassuring for me since I have a lot of anxiety. He puts you through a lot of tests and I always felt my safety was the highest priority. He is a better safe than sorry kind of guy. He is a funny man, too, and will tell jokes which also put me at ease. You can tell exactly when he is nearby in the hospital because you'll hear him laughing and joking with other patients or the nurses.

My surgery went very well, but I did have really bad nausea after. I felt well cared for and went home the next day when I could hold down my liquids. Both Dr. Srikanth and his nurse checked on me the next day.

I do recommend Dr. Srikanth based on my experience so far. :)

Yeah I totally agree. I would rather have someone who is more thorough and that is exactly how Dr Srikanth is. He is very friendly and funny. He and Kristen are very nice and caring.

Hi Camber, I have not attended a support meeting but am considering it. I really like Kristin and she runs them I believe. Camber, what date did you do your pre-op group meeting with Kristin?
My preop meeting was May 16th. I'm going to the next support group. I've heard good things about them from Kristen. I'd love to meet you!

My preop meeting was May 16th. I'm going to the next support group. I've heard good things about them from Kristen. I'd love to meet you!

Can you remind me when the support groups are scheduled? I think I had my preop meeting on May16th as well.

Can you remind me when the support groups are scheduled? I think I had my preop meeting on May16th as well.

Were you there the night she couldn't get her slides working? Your husband a computer guy? I think we were at the same preop meeting. If so, I was the blondish women, mid40s.

Lol, really? I wonder if we already met!

The next support meeting is this Monday, June 27th at 6pm.

Were you there the night she couldn't get her slides working? Your husband a computer guy? I think we were at the same preop meeting. If so, I was the blondish women, mid40s.
Yes that was me! Well we have met before. :D

Haha! That's so awesome! I didn't really look at your photo till now but yeah I remember you! I'm so glad that you are doing well post-surgery. Did you find a Protein Drink that was not so sweet? I think you had mentioned you don't like the sweet Protein powders. There were two others at that meeting and I hope they are doing well. I will try to make a support meeting but it is challenging on Mondays bc I work till 600 pm and then have to pick up my dogs.

Haha! That's so awesome! I didn't really look at your photo till now but yeah I remember you! I'm so glad that you are doing well post-surgery. Did you find a Protein drink that was not so sweet? I think you had mentioned you don't like the sweet Protein powders. There were two others at that meeting and I hope they are doing well. I will try to make a support meeting but it is challenging on Mondays bc I work till 600 pm and then have to pick up my dogs.

I found a sweet one I liked. Were you the one that recommended GNC? I like their Peanut Butter and chocolate shake.

I also got a decent chicken broth protein supplement.

Let me know if you can ever make it to a support group! I'll look for you.

Congrats guys! Hope your recovery goes smoothly. Keep us posted if you can, even if you just need to vent :)

I finally got a date...Aug 11th at Overlake with Dr. Anirban Gupta. It's almost a month earlier than I was expecting!

I wasn't nervous before but now I'm worried about everything and questioning my decision.

Sent from my LGLS740 using the BariatricPal App

Sorry I missed this! Congrats on getting your date for surgery scheduled!

Haha! That's so awesome! I didn't really look at your photo till now but yeah I remember you! I'm so glad that you are doing well post-surgery. Did you find a Protein drink that was not so sweet? I think you had mentioned you don't like the sweet Protein powders. There were two others at that meeting and I hope they are doing well. I will try to make a support meeting but it is challenging on Mondays bc I work till 600 pm and then have to pick up my dogs.
I found a sweet one I liked. Were you the one that recommended GNC? I like their Peanut Butter and chocolate shake.

I also got a decent chicken broth protein supplement.

Let me know if you can ever make it to a support group! I'll look for you.

I'm glad you found some you like. No I don't think I had recommended GNC but I've got good powders from similar places, eg super supplements. Did you get the unjury chicken broth protein?

There may be some Monday's when I could leave early and I'll let you know if I plan to attend!

5. Once you are home (even for the car going home), fill a clear Water bottle and mark with a rubber band where you "should" have drunk down to, by four hours from now or whatever.

Love this idea! Especially if I'm going to be too tired and groggy to pay strict attention.

Sent from my LGLS740 using the BariatricPal App

Seastar and camber, so glad you're home. Thank you both for all of the tips. How soon after surgery do you have your first post-op appt?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Jen, when I was in the hospital the day after my surgery, my surgeon, dietician and exercise physiologist all came by to talk/teach. But the next official appts aren't until 2 weeks after surgery. Usually patients get cleared to puréed/soft foods then, and more exercise.

Second morning home: gas pain much better. I am now in One-Derland!

Was able to meet my Protein and Water minimums yesterday, but just barely. Walked 2 miles. Felt strong and clear-headed. I didn't want to run, but walking was no effort.

Today going to run some errands (I haven't taken any painkillers since the hospital so I'm safe to drive). Will keep up the walking. Will go back to work Monday (after Wednesday-afternoon surgery).

Second morning home: gas pain much better. I am now in One-Derland!

Was able to meet my Protein and Water minimums yesterday, but just barely. Walked 2 miles. Felt strong and clear-headed. I didn't want to run, but walking was no effort.

Today going to run some errands (I haven't taken any painkillers since the hospital so I'm safe to drive). Will keep up the walking. Will go back to work Monday (after Wednesday-afternoon surgery).

Wow! You are recovering very well! I'm trying out just Tylenol today because I'm tired of being sleepy from the other med. 2 miles! I don't know if I could manage that just yet. Great job!

Hi. I live in Federal Way and have surgery scheduled 31May. I'm very excited. Anyone else having surgery soon?

I also live in Federal Way and just had my surgery June 20th.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App