Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeping on stomach post opp

I'm on day 12 and before the surgery I slept on my stomach since I haven't been able to because of the stitches how long till my stitches are healed enough for me to start sleeping on my stomach again

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi @@meg627

I found that I just naturally moved to my stomach once I was able to...

It wasn't a conscious decision to do so...

I just wen to sleep one night as 'normal' and woke up on my stomach...

I'd say the GENERALLY, your own body is the best judge of that...

If you fond yourself waking up on your stomach and you're in no pain or discomfort, have a crack at falling asleep that way...

Pillows, pillows, pillows.

Tuck them here, there, everywhere.

I am a tummy sleeper too and pillows strategically places allowed me to continue doing so from day one.

Good luck, fellow tummy sleeper! :)

It took me several weeks to even be able to sleep on my side. Like 6-8 weeks if I recall. That's because it's very uncomfortable to feel your guts pressing against the stitches until you have time to heal. I'm 8 months out and when you are it will be a distant memory.

My incisions never bothered me but I was so swollen and bloated it wasn't comfortable to sleep on my stomach until about two weeks out. Had been sleeping on my side since the first night.

I got a body pillow and it really helped with the side/belly sleeping..,I still use it

I felt your pain. Probably at two to 3 weeks out I could sleep on my stomach again. Even then my left side was still a little sore like I did too many crunches. Walking, stretching, and heating pad helped the soreness eventually go away. Best of Luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

They were amazed at the hospital. They came in to check on me the one night I was there, and I was out cold on my stomach. Even my surgeon caught me sleeping on my stomach a few hours later. I've slept on my stomach every night since my surgery. The first few days were a touch sore, but no big deal.

I'm on day 12 and before the surgery I slept on my stomach since I haven't been able to because of the stitches how long till my stitches are healed enough for me to start sleeping on my stomach again

For me I think that was roughly 3-4 weeks. At first I didn't even like to lay on my side. Then lying on my side became okay first, then short periods of laying on my belly and finally I didn't feel discomfort.

My surgery is May 18 and I told my boss I would be back on May 24 ..is that enough down time. I have a desk job

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is May 18 and I told my boss I would be back on May 24 ..is that enough down time. I have a desk job

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the BariatricPal App

Ttnurse it might be if you just have a dest job it depends on how you feel I personally would wait longer I took 6 weeks off but I work with autistic children and they can get violent