Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It has been 2 weeks since I had the gastric sleeve. Does anyone know if its safe to take the day after pill? Me and my bf used condoms but the condom slipped off and got stuck inside me so im very worried..

Sent from my LGLS665 using the BariatricPal App

You should be fine taking the pill- it doesn't act on your stomach at all and it's just absorbed like a normal pill you might take for other things. It might cause cramping so try not to get freaked out about that part. This is also a very normal question to ask your surgeon, so give them a call today to confirm. You have a small window of time where it will work, so I would call your doctor now and then go visit the pharmacy ASAP.

You should take it.

Call your MD!

Never, ever take medical advice from this site.

All we can give you are suggestions based on life experiences. All medical advice needs to come from your MD.

We try to be supportive, and helpful, but we have limits to what we should be saying to other posters.

Please call your MD and let us know how you're doing.

We're not just nosy. We really do care.

Prayers going up for you.

Contact your surgeon's office, gynecologist or PCP and maybe your pharmacist.

There could be a small chance that this medicine may not possibly have the same efficacy in a sleeved patient.

Maybe there is no difference.

I do not know, I have no experience with this med nor do I have a medical or pharmacology background.

Let the professionals answer that.

Good luck.

In regards to the other post discussing what people should and shouldn't be saying in forums, as I originally said, call your doctor, but the information I provided is based upon being a licensed medical professional, so I didn't just pull it out of my butt. Sometimes people on forums actually know more about specifics of certain diseases than do doctors who are specialized. As an example, my surgeon didn't realize that the depo shot was not contraindicated in the same way that the pill is. Given the few people who take depo compared to oral contraceptives and the fact that he is a bariatric surgeon and not an OB/GYN really doesn't make it a big deal that his patient knew more about a drug than he did. Asking questions in online forums can give you a huge variety of answers that let you better research the issue and discuss it in an educated capacity with your physician. Should you rely 100% on something posted here? Of course not, but this is still a valuable source of information especially given that plenty of people on here are actually people who work in healthcare.

Since one never knows who is a medical professional and who isn't on this site, isn't it better to rely on one's own known professional MD?

Once some foks see something in writing, they take it as "fact". Without doing their research they might take some wrong information (as well meant as it might be) as medical certainty.

I believe it is ill advised if not dangerous to not only accept medical advice online, but to give it as well.

One can ask for support, or "life lessons", or "past experiences", put I am leery of giving "medical advice".

I believe that we are all here not only to give support, but to receive it as well. In the support department, this site truly does go above and beyond.​

On this day---MY OPINION.

Do you think i can absorb it ok? I took it but i didn't really have the side effects I usually have

Did you call your MD??????

That is what you REALLY need to do. He/She will have the medical answers to your medical questions. Please, call.

I will start this off as saying I am a RN. You really need to talk with your MD. It isn't necessarily the issues of absorption, but the reason we have to be off birth control is the due to increased risk of blood clots. The morning after pill is a high concentration of birth control which increases your risk of blood clot even more. Talk to your doctor PLEASE!!

Oh god now im scared to death... I couldnt get ahold of any of the doctors.is there anyway to get ahold of a doctor that u could ask questions?

Oh god now im scared to death... I couldnt get ahold of any of the doctors.is there anyway to get ahold of a doctor that u could ask questions?

Call your doctor in the morning. It either worked or it didn't, panicking won't change that now.

Your surgeon, PCP or OB/GYN will have an answering service if you really need someone tonight. There are always ERs too. But unless you start feeling physical symptoms you don't need to put yourself through that. Worrying only makes you feel worse. Call your doctor in the morning -- even if you're feeling fine. You'll feel better and it's the safe thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Call your MD in the morning. It is important for them to know what is going on so that they can treat you in the right way. If you start having pain in your legs or shortness of breath you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible. It will be fine, but you need to know what to look for and to keep your MD informed.