Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a band for 3 years..with starting weight of 278lb & lost down to 225lb in..53 lb....in 3yrs. I also have a personal trainer that makes me work my own weight outside the gym & introduced me to running & pushing myself to way past my previous limits. With that being said..i lost more inches than weight as I gained muscle.

While i think my band surgery was & is successful..I have a very busy & in high demand lapband physician who is a one man band when it comes to his clinic. My appts. r usually rescheduled or canceled after i have waited no less than 45min.

I have scheduled plication surg. for May 2016 in hopes of less need for fills/adjustments & increased feeling of fullness after small nutritious bites.

if anyone has had plication surg. after Lband placement please fill me in on tha GOOD-BAD&UGLY!! Im new to this app. so I'm open to all feedback & forum suggestions.

><{{{°>

I did not have plication after a band but I did have a plication and so did my closest friend. We are both very happy with the results though we did not lose weight as fast as people do after the more invasive surgeries. If you search some of the European WLS sites you will find far more info on plication as it is far more popular there. Good luck . I hope you are happy with your results.

I did not have plication after a band but I did have a plication and so did my closest friend. We are both very happy with the results though we did not lose weight as fast as people do after the more invasive surgeries. If you search some of the European WLS sites you will find far more info on plication as it is far more popular there. Good luck . I hope you are happy with your results.

Congrats 2 u & your friend!!. Mine will be done in Texarkana. I pray I'm just as happy & can give good advice 2 others considering the same surg.Thanks for the reply & suggestion

><{{{°>

You will love not needing those fills. I hope you will do as well with plication as I have. I think it is an underused option in the WLS field.

You will love not needing those fills. I hope you will do as well with plication as I have. I think it is an underused option in the WLS field.

Thanks!!! ..I feel a lot better about the procedure after further researching as you suggested..i will definitely keep u informed...

May2016PlicationHereICome!!!

><{{{°>

PUTTINGINTHEWORK.....how are you doing? How did the surgery go and how is the weight loss progressing? Not many of us to chat with and encourage each other.

PUTTINGINTHEWORK.....how are you doing? How did the surgery go and how is the weight loss progressing? Not many of us to chat with and encourage each other.

U dont know how much i means 4 u 2 checkbin on me!!

The surgery experience was horribly scary!!! I woke up in an a legally-high anistesia daze. I was informed that that I had had liproscopic & open surgery. I was then wisked off by ambulance to the local hospital. Needless 2 say, my outpt surg. turned into 4 days in a hospital bed. I was told I developed a bleed so i dont know if I was nicked by tha knife or what tha ×£!! Happened. Im doing much better now..i can tell i have restriction & thats a +. I keep thinking..i should hav just went VSG..but i still like the idea of having my entire stomach. I have lost 15 lb since surgery which should increase this month since i have been cleared 2 start per. training.

><{{{°>

So sorry to hear your surgery was such an ordeal. One of the reasons we go for plication is the ease of surgery and recovery. Glad to hear you rae doing better now and starting to see weight loss. I am enjoying the weight loss so much I have also wondered if I should have chosen the VSG. I couldn't imagine feeling this good. But like you I am happy to still have all my stomach. Additionally I have a post stroke husband who requires care and I didn't feel I could bounce back fast enough from VSG to take proper care of him and have no help. Please keep us updated on your progress.

How are you doing putting in the work?

Well since you asked...I am looking for a surg. that will remove this plication and band...If you are considering plication..PLEASE DONT!!!..It was a waste of my hard earned money which I dont have a lot of. I have actually gained waight and hunger still remains. & Get this...the expert barriatric MD who placed the plication and reports expertise in LB surgery is looking for other MD to remove his plication work and teh previous LB I had placed.

My advice to anyone is to stick w/ a Center of Excellence (COE).

I have only found one MD that will perform removal of LB w/ plication then VSG but that MD is in Dallas, Texas. I'm seeking COE in Arkansas or Tenn. to be closer to my family for support.

My ultimate goal is VSG as the grehlin will be removed as well as this is the surgery I shoud have chosen 1st.

I am considering the Plication but am horrified by your experience-you really have had a horrendous time!

I'm sorry you have not lost the weight-is that due to no restriction? The sleeve is an extra £800 at my clinic I am thinking of just saving it and going for it-but I have also read if great success stories with the Wrap.....I just don't know.

As for your surgeon refusing to remove-that's crazy!!!

What country are u in?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches