Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you

wow - just read this thread - very interesting

Probably the biggest suprise to people is I was a dope head. Raised in a Christian family, started smoking pot at 12, dropping acid by 15, and the list goes on. When I had my first child I had a dream that satan was trying to rip him from my arms. It turned my life around. I gave my life to the Lord and I go to church up to 3 times a week, I know that God is God and I am His child. A few years ago my best bud and I went to give blood. I couldn't give blood bc I had done drugs with a needle. Shock to me - well it about blew her down - she couldn't even imagine me smoking cigs let alone shooting coke! I look like the perfect soccer mom, but thats my secret. My kids are wonderful, don't do drugs, drink or any of the horrible things that I put my mother through.

Whew - that was tough. Although it has made me a loving gracious person. I know that I was forgiven and so it has made me a forgiving person.

Simple things you'd be suprised to know:

I love to read - mostly historical books, I read at least on book a week.

My husband is the love of my life, we've been together since I was 16, but have had as many ups and downs as anyone else - he still calls me his beautiful wife and I get panic attacks when I think he may die before me, and yet I don't want him to be alone without me.

I love babies, crying babies never bothered me and I'll take a crying child from their mother, now that I won't have anymore babies I have dogs.

I am a great baker. And I guess cook, although I work at a private club and have eaten some dishes prepared by chefs and I don't think I compare but I can out bake all of them. Baking relaxes me.

I weighed 103 for the first 5 years I was married, when I was 4 months prego I was a whopping 119 - that suprises most people - how'd I get so fat? Probably bc I love to bake!

<p>Things to know about me:</p> <p>1. I am married to the most wonderful human being on the face of this earth. We have been married 25 years. I am his third wife and he is my 2nd husband.</p> <p>2. I have 2 grown daughters. One in Houston and she is the mother of my beautful twin granddaughters. Hubbie has 2 grown daughters also. He has 5 grandchildren and of course, they are mine too.</p> <p>3. My youngest daughter has a drinking problem; probably worse than I even know. Every time I see her number on the caller I.D., I cringe. Never know what kind of bomb she will drop on us. </p> <p>4. I have 1 Beagle, Bonnie Lou, 4 cats, Precious Kitty, Yellow Cat, Cocoa and Maxine. Maxine lives under the back porch. The other cats try to whip her but. </p> <p>5. I am in love with George Strait</p> <p>6. My first husband was absuive to me. Both verbally and physical. </p> <p>7. Been in therapy due to ex husband, and youngest daughter. </p> <p> </p> <p>There you have the dirt!!!!</p>

Dear BJean,

Yes, having a hysterectomy does reduce your chances of breast cancer because you are put into immediate menopause which significantly reduces the EStrogen production that would have peaked in the beginning to the middle of menopause. If you are genetically Estrogen receptor positive then you have just reduced your chances of getting breast cancer.

Sorry to everyone else for straying from the original thread but my heart goes out to BJean.

Things that you would be surprised to know about me

1. I am a Pediatric Oncology Nurse

2. I collect Pez candy dispensers (Thats why my screen name is lepez)

3. When I was in my 20's I had every color hair ( pink, green, blue,

purple, etc.)

4. I am trying to write a book on how to leave a legacy

Lepez - I just want to say thank you for what you do. My sweet little great neice died from neuroblastoma at the ripe age of 4. The strength it takes to deal with that kind of sadness day in and day out is remarkable. I'm sure you have already left a legacy.

Wow lepez you are awesome. I can't imagine having your job, but I can imagine the emotional rewards of helping sick children and their parents deal with devastating diseases.

Thanks for the feedback from my post. I just got a letter from my medical insurance carrier and they're wanting me to participate in a very simple group that promotes wellness. It is probably a good idea, but I think I would rather not focus so much on medical stuff. I enjoy hanging out here and it takes up almost all the free time I have!

Our insurance wants us to do the wellness study too. They got my DH on the phone, and he agreed, now they will call him every 2 weeks, and ask him a bazillion questions! They ask him all kinds of things, that I personally did not see the revelance to his health---but he agreed...so he gets to talk to them!

With the year he had health wise, they may be getting more than they bargained for with him!!!!

Kat

Since I'm an extreme newbie, nobody knows me anyways...so here goes!

-I'm a lesbian raising three boys (3,6,8), two of whom are adopted from Guatemala

-My partner is a physician (radiologist)

-I believe in ghosts:eek:

-I once passed out in Liberace's Vegas home (the maid's room...he was already dead)

-The D.C. Sniper put a new clutch in a '89 Camry for me (before he killed all those people)

-I'm 12 credits away from a B.A. in communications from UNLV...that was about a million years ago

That's about it for now...

Dana

well...I have never met my biological father...my first husband was extremely abusive...I used to be an x-ray technologist, now I'm a teacher...I have five cats...and my DH and I have the same birthday!

Oh yeah, I had sex in Elvis's pool in Palm Springs!!! The house was vacant, and we jumped the fense!

Oh and Dana, I got by BS in Reno at UNR!

peaceout

Okay, here goes:

1. I'm a Christian. I love the Lord and I love people right where they are.
  2. I have a blue-green mole on my ankle.
  3. Everything triggers a song w/me (drives my friends nuts!).
  4. I love cartoons, especially Scooby-Doo and Jem & the Holograms.
  5. I struggle w/depression and anxiety.

Last year......a new record 14 Christmas trees in my house!!! Some rooms have 2, not all big ones. some are only 4 ft. tall and yes even the bathrooms have trees!

I am sure there are more but that is the first surprise that came to mind!

well...I have never met my biological father...my first husband was extremely abusive...I used to be an x-ray technologist, now I'm a teacher...I have five cats...and my DH and I have the same birthday!

My parents had the same birthday two years apart, my sister and I have the same birthday 3 years apart. I have two sisters and we were all due on the same day, one was late and my other sis and I were early. Between all five in my family there are a total of three birthdays.

My parents had the same birthday two years apart, my sister and I have the same birthday 3 years apart. I have two sisters and we were all due on the same day, one was late and my other sis and I were early. Between all five in my family there are a total of three birthdays.

How weird. I have 2 younger sisters (twins) and all 3 of us were due on the same day (Nov 1), but we came early - them on Oct 24 and me on Oct 26.

Lepez - I just want to say thank you for what you do. My sweet little great neice died from neuroblastoma at the ripe age of 4. The strength it takes to deal with that kind of sadness day in and day out is remarkable. I'm sure you have already left a legacy.

StephC- I am so sorry for the loss of your niece.It is very heartbreaking to lose a child and especially to watch them go through so much. I love what I do. As you know, children are really brave and I find it much easier to take care of them than adults because if they are feeling slightly good then they just want to have a good time. They can have chemo running and they still want to squirt you with a Water gun or play a video game .

BJean- The emotional rewards are unmeasurable.

hmmm...

1. I make the best chocolate chips Cookies

2. I am a dork and have a crush on a friend and no one knows

3. No one will watch Aladdin with me because I repeat EVERY word

4. I don't smoke or drink - never have never will

5. I am paranoid of being in a car accident - I have been in a few and it still continues to mess with my mind

6. I still miss my first love who broke my heart

7. I always wanted to be a teacher but messed up by not going to college and i regret it almost everyday

8. I love kids but I am afraid that I will never find the right relationship and I will never have kids

9. I LOVE to laugh

10. the only books I have ever reread our the sisterhood of the traveling pants books and I cant wait to read them again

most of those are things that nobody knows about