Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you

Well, I guess you would say ALL things. But there is no pattern to it. So good and bad. I honestly think that everyone has this ability but some tune it in better. I would love to know how to tune mine in better. But it seems if I try, I get worse..So Idon'teven try to do it on my own. I just wait till something hits me, and depending on who it is, I will tell them or not. I don't usually speak about this, it sounds so "Yeah right" like I am a nut. But it is happening more and more and I saw this trhread and well.....I don't know why I told it actually....Does it happen often to you

I believe the same as you about other people having the ablility. It seems to not be happeneing as often lately, but I think that has to do with stress. And sometimes it's just a feeling about a situation, really positive or really negative. Like, for example, going into a job interview and seeing myself working there. The worst things I have ever known before they happened were the deaths of both my mothers in law and hubby's grandmother. Hoping I can get back in touch with that part of myself when we get moved back home. Have you ever done any research on shaprening it or do you prefer not being "open" all the time? If you don't feel comfortable continuing our discussion on board, you can PM me.

Oh I love this... But I have to be careful to not want it to the point that I feel I am creating what is happening instead of letting it be natural. I feel like I am more receptive than ever and I really love it. I wish I could do it for a living.... But, I could never ever fake it, and I am not good at it. I recently have read about different people, (John Edwards) and more and I am facinated with their ability. However, as I stated it just has to come to me. I am going to read more and see if I can figure out how to open myself more and grow in this area. I feel like fakes really hurt the whole subject, and I am so afraid of sounding like a nut or a fake. But when I see something that is profound, I usually tell the person it applies too. It has happened to me all my life, but never as much as now.. I consider it a blessing

One of the most interesting things I ever told anyone, was a lady I knew was beginning an affair, had never actually consumated the "act" but was close to it. I told her to leave her husband before she did something dumb and then her conscience would be clear. I told her I saw her in her bed with another man and that even though she did not go all the way she was thinking about it and not to do it... She couldn't even talk and ask me if I was spying on her.... I just laughed and said no, I just saw it all in my mind and for her to stop. She did. and her and her husband are still together and doing great now- this person calls me on a regular basis and asks me stuff now...lol

I get flashes of dejavu sometimes, or at least I used to. It was like when something would happen, I'd vaguely remember dreaming about it sometime in the past. Most of the time, when I'd dream of it, it would be months or longer before it actually happened.

Have you ever seen John Edwards live? It is really fascinating. I have read some things lately about him being a "fake", but I wonder if those rumors are just being started by ney-sayers and non-believers in an attempt to discredit what they don't understand or that goes against their beliefs. Anyway, he said he has to turn himself off to keep from being bombarded when out in public. I can't imagine being that open, but at the same time think it would be fascinating. Having been born and raised in the heart of the Bible belt, I have kept my intuition secret for years. As the ability to "see" things becomes more mainstream thanks to tv and news, it is much easier to speak freely of it than it has been in the past. It really is a blessing, I don't know how anyone could see it as anything else, but many do.

by the way, congratulations on losing the weight - before banding I would keep a lb of really fatty hamburger in my freezer. Everytime I felt crummy cause I only lost a lb I would get it out of the freezer and look at it. It helped me so much... I no longer have it, but I did it so long, I can still see it in my mind

I went to your web site and I think you may be related....lol... We favor... My mothers maiden name is Strickland. she is one of 12 children. The family is so large I have many cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. that I have never seen

I get flashes of dejavu sometimes, or at least I used to. It was like when something would happen, I'd vaguely remember dreaming about it sometime in the past. Most of the time, when I'd dream of it, it would be months or longer before it actually happened.

Dejavu is the weirdest thing because you never know if you are remembering something from this life or a previous one.

No I have never seen him live. It is my goal.... I don't really care what others think. I do listen to all opinions, and I do try to weed through the negatives, but I go with my gut and I say he is absolutely the real deal.... He has helped so many, and the way I see it, as long as what he is doing remains positive, what is he hurting. It appears to me, he is helping instead.

I went to your web site and I think you may be related....lol... We favor... My mothers maiden name is Strickland. she is one of 12 children. The family is so large I have many cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. that I have never seen

Strickland is my married name. Where is your family from? We live in SC, but hubby is from NC and his dad's family is from the midwest somewhere. He was one of 9 children himself. LOL My maiden name is Clark and my mother was a Pritchard.

I just started that blog thing today. Have seen it in other places and decided to give it a whirl. :confused: