Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXACTLY what to do for a reset?

I am 22 months post op and gained 8 lbs from my lowest. I was still about 15 lbs from my optimal weight, so I have a ways to go.

I am prepared to do a reset and get back on track but not sure exactly where to start. I was thinking I would do my pre-op diet but was told by somebody that doing the post op diet in order from the hospital until 3-4 months post is better????

I bought my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, eggs, broth, and various forms of Protein, now I just need some direction.

I have not seen my nut in over a year, and don't have that option. I switched nursing jobs and the hospital I work at has insurance that isn't accepted by the healthcare system where I had surgery (Nut appt would be almost $400 out of pocket!). The new hospital has a bariatric clinic about 70 minutes from my home and I have a call out to them to get in with their nut in a couple months.

In the meantime, can vets give me some help?

I am 35 months post op RNY gastric bypass surgery. This article describes my perception of the "Maintenance" phase. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

I'm not as far out from surgery as you, but I did get myself completely off track at about 6 months post surgery. My weight loss stopped for about 6 weeks. I considered doing the '5 day pouch reset' protocol which basically mimics the immediate post-op diet progression from liquids to solids over a five day period.

However, I found that what worked for me was just going back to the basics - logging all my food and focusing on eliminating carbs and getting in 90+ grams of Protein, while trying to stay at or around 1,000 calories per day.

In essence what I did was similar to the induction phase of the Atkins program - eliminate most all carbs, focus on Protein and get my calories back in line. I found that the weight loss started promptly when I did this.

I wish you luck in finding the secret that works for you!

Edited by shriner37

I would google the 5 day pouch test and leverage it to get back to basics. It will help reset your system. Then I would get back on the rules. If you do that and remain there the weight will come off.

1. A minimum of 70 grams of Protein per day

2. No Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes or processed foods, also no sugar. Get your carbs from healthy vegetables and fruits

3. Do not drink your calories. The only calories you should get from liquid is a Protein shake. I use Premier Protein ready made shakes and I still have 1 per day. They have 30 grams of Protein, 1 gram of sugar and only 160 calories.

4. Nothing to drink 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after eating

5. Take no more than 30 minutes to eat and at least 20 minutes. Chew your food slowly and completely.

6. Log everything you eat into a program like myfitnesspal. This helps you see where you are at and holds you accountable. It helps me make better choices because I take a moment to log after I eat something. So if I had something I shouldn't have, I can make up for it with a better choice later in the day.

7. Get yourself moving a little more each day.

This is what I do and how I got to goal. I have also gone off track for a short couple of weeks, gained a few pounds and following this helped me lose those few pounds and more.

Good luck to you!