Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining weight with Lap-Band

@@Gaylene Davison

Hi there! I had RNY and have lost all my weight. I am now in maintenance and I fight head hunger every single day. Some days I win and others my head wins.

Bypass will not cure head hunger at all. Only you can work through this possibly with a therapist.

If you are considering having RNY to resolve a possible erosion issue then great but if your expectation is that RNY will cure your head hunger you will be very disappointed I am sorry to say.

Good luck!

I'm with Liz the walker

I'm a bit worried long term with my band. I'm encouraged by seeing long termers, but certainly see enough issues with others to be concerned. Not willing to go back to 250+

Ever in my lifetime again.!!

I have been reading of the new endoscopic sleeve for low bmi's... Could hold some promise... Outpatient...

Minimal invasion. Cheaper than other options... Hmmmm

Just glad to feel lucky after 9+ years to still have my band. I will say on some days she is a fickle bi*tch.... And I just have learned not to cross her on those days[emoji171]

Hello all

Thanks so much for all th replies

Gowalking, I don't know where to look for the PM

I feel soo silly!

I am currently wondering if it would be a good idea for me to get all the Fluid out of my band. I would do that once I have the lost the weight I have gained.

Then see how I go on my own for a while.

If no good, then remove band and have another surgery.

If I manage to maintain then leave the band in???

Puppypaws,

sounds like too tight to me. How would you feel about trying some Fluid out then eat healthy foods first. I had to do this and if I used my head and tried the healthy foods first, I could not eat the sliders.

Feeling for you

Gowalking

Woo hoo! Found the message . Thanks

Will read and reply xx

Good girl!! :D I knew you could do it! :P My children and granddaughter make fun of my lack of technical knowledge so I know how out of it you feel for sure!

FYI...going for yet another fill in a couple of weeks. Went from great restriction to trying to find it again. All I know is that some of my clothes are tight and that is simply not acceptable. Having to use the willpower alot...but I can do it.

I've never been sure what people mean by "slider foods." If they are crunchy things (chips and the like) and sugar things (cake, Cookies, ice cream and less obvious things), they sure to go down easily and somehow are not followed by a full feeling, especially the sugary items.

A good resource for working on the head is http://shrinkyourself.com/public/welcome.asp

There are free and pay options and, of course, a book by the originator of the site, Roger Gould, PhD.

Another good one is "The Beck Diet Solution," Judith Beck, PhD, but be sure it's the original book, not a later one with a similar title and a food plan which is not surgery-related. In both cases, do the exercises and, with Beck, start from page one rather than hop about.

Have you considered seeing a CBT therapist? You can make it as long- or short-term as suits you.

@@Gaylene Davison,

First, I am sorry you are having trouble. As you are experiencing, it can get tougher as time goes on and there isn’t the excitement of losing weight or of achieving new goals every day.

It sounds like you have two concerns here. One is fear of band erosion. I would talk to a surgeon or a few surgeons about that and see if they think pre-emptive band removal and gastric bypass is a good solution.

The other is head hunger. The trouble is that head hunger doesn’t go away necessarily. It can, in some cases, but not usually. It is more likely something you will always need to cope with. I would take a serious look at what you are eating that you shouldn’t, and what triggers it, and what you can do instead. Then think about whether the gastric bypass will help that.

Good luck – and don’t feel like a failure. You are not!

Gaylene - thanks! :-)

I really thought therapy would do the trick. So disappointed with the surgery, lack of care (long store) and now the therapy.

I feel so hopeless :-(

My daily struggle gets frustrating. I do well for a few days then something goes off in my head and I end up bingeing on carbs. Could shoot myself

I know I can do it as I have in the past. So depressing. [emoji26][emoji26]

Have moved house the last two days so been busy. Managed to drink lots of Water and keep eating on track. Hope the two glasses of wine a night have not done too much damage. Feeling good.

One day at a time Gaylene. I am bouncing around the 130 mark. Up to as much as 135. This morning, 133.4. I need to get that fill....I want to be between 115 and 120 and I can't seem to get these 10-15 lbs. to come off.

So want to get under 82kg. This morning 82. 81.9 is elusive

See what tomorrow brings

Have had many wines this evening as in a new area and meeting new friends. A knock on our door! Fabulous peeps! What does one do ? [emoji57][emoji57][emoji14][emoji14]

Yee har folks! Have finally broken the 82kg. Now 81.5

Still a long way to go to get back to goal of 68.

However I am making this band work, and it's great if I make the right choices!