Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paperwork submitted to Insurance!

My surgeons office called me today to let me know they sent everything to insurance for review. I'm excited and nervous.... Hoping for approval!

Thank you! I can't believe it took me so many years to build courage to go through with this. Hope the ins won't make me go through appeals and hoops.

I know it's different with every company, but mine was a piece of cake! No hoops to jump through and has approval less than 2 weeks after submission.

It's been a week today since the submittal... The wait is driving me crazy

@@kewadiak

I did get approved! On a first try, I still can't believe it:) thank you for checking, I have tentative surgery date of May 13 pending all pre op clearances

That is exciting, i was diagnosed with a slipped band my paper work has been submitted to bcbsil, it's been a week the waiting is killing me lol, they take forever it seems.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I have BCBS of il too, but mine is federal I think it took about 10 days. My surgeons office followed up with insurance and called me telling me I was approved. I know the feeling, waiting really is difficult. Hope you will get approval soon!

I had to have diagnosis of morbid obesity for 2 years prior to surgery, do 3 month supervised diet with dietitian visits ( it was actually 4 visits since first visit didn't count as a month), psych eval, prove that I complied with post op diet and exercise from previous surgery, prove that I have not been treated for controlled substance abuse within a year and that I don't consume alcohol in excess, I think that's about it.

Now I have bunch of appointments to go to In the next 4 weeks for surgery clearances.

Have to do nutrition class to learn how to eat post op, then abdominal ultra sound, meet with pulmonologist and see if they need anymore tests, then blood work, ekg at the hospital 2 weeks before surgery, get surgery clearance after the results are available from my primary care dr and then pre op apt with surgeon... Lots to get done, I am nervous if I will have enough time to get blood work and labs sent to my primary care dr for him to give me clearance ( which has to be before I see surgeon) ugh... I am really trying to keep the date as I am already planning around it.

Edited by UsernameTaken

Fantastic!

Hop to it!

@@kewadiak

That's great news! I am getting all my clearances now and just learned that I have gallstones.. So now I am hoping they can do revision and gallbladder removal at the same time.. Will find out what my pre op with surgeon in 9th. Really hope I will wake up and not have to be disappointed that they couldn't do it in one.. :(

I feel like so much to get done, but all I have left is upper GI and chest X-ray, then just blood work and EKG 2 weeks before surgery. liquid diet starts on 28th... That's next week! Crazyness. I get so much more nervous as it gets closer to the date.