Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not really losing

So I was sleeved June 30th and u lost 40lbs in the first 4 weeks.i have only list 10 more lbs since then. My appetite is a little lighter but definitely not what I expected. I just got a personal trainer so hopefully that helps. I'm pretty discouraged

Are you tracking all of your food intake for fat, carbs, Protein and calories? Are you drinking your daily requirement for Water? What is your average daily food menu?

Exercise is really important for general health and building muscle, but it is not going to help you lose much weight. Food intake - how much, what kind - is the way to lose pounds.

We need more information to try to brainstorm ways you can work on the weight loss...

I am 4 months 8 days since sleeve surgery and I feel like my weight loss is going very very slow. I joined the gym and work out 2 hours a day 6 days a week have 1 to 2 premier shakes a day eat very little and have a very hard time drinking more thatn 3 16 oz of watter a day.

I found out prior to sleeve that I have thyroid and was put on a very low dose of med and just found out that my thyroid is now normal but I have to continue on meds.

Started off at 260 lbs and now weigh 200 but the scale has not gone down in at least 3 weeks ... I am always hungry.

Sorry for the rant ... just frustrated,,,,

Edited by lisalisa1212

I am 4 months 8 days since sleeve surgery and I feel like my weight loss is going very very slow. I joined the gym and work out 2 hours a day 6 days a week have 1 to 2 premier shakes a day eat very little and have a very hard time drinking more thatn 3 16 oz of watter a day.

I found out prior to sleeve that I have thyroid and was put on a very low dose of med and just found out that my thyroid is now normal but I have to continue on meds.

Started off at 260 lbs and now weigh 200 but the scale has not gone down in at least 3 weeks ... I am always hungry.

Sorry for the rant ... just frustrated,,,,

How much Water are you drinking? (Your post is unclear.)

You don't mention Protein. How much Protein are you getting in every day? The 2 shakes would give you 60 grams.

Working out 6 times a week for two hours a day seems pretty intense. Are you eating and drinking enough to support that level of activity?

What does your NUT advise?

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I was sleeved four months ago and have lost 45 pounds, you have lost 60

Lisalisa1212. I am 5 months out and have gone from 268 to 199, so I don't think you are doing too bad. I had a stall that started about a month ago that lasted for three weeks and even now I'm loosing again, but it is really slow. I think the days of loosing 10 pounds per month are over. A lot depends on your starting weight, what did you loose before surgery, your sex, and age. It is hard to compare yourself to others.

DrPitt2b you seem to be on much more than a stall. Have you talked to your Dr about the results?

I must admit, I kinda gave up for a while. I was watching my carbs and getting in my Protein with no success. I have never been great at Water though. Could that one factor cause that much of a problem?

Inner SurferGirl

Sounds about right ...I get maybe 60 grams of Protein and my Water intake is really bad only average about 48 oz.... I attended a support group last month and spoke to my nut before the meeting but to be honest I don't think she is very helpful...So trying to find another one.

I must admit, I kinda gave up for a while. I was watching my carbs and getting in my Protein with no success. I have never been great at Water though. Could that one factor cause that much of a problem?

I was not able to get in my Protein and stopped drinking my Protein Drink but my nut told me I should drink at least 2 a day.....Some days I do but mostly I drink 1 before I go to the gym. Have you tried drinking the Protein shakes ? I drink premier vanilla add some sliced banana's a few spoons of yogurt and cinnamon.

If you don't like Water you can try the sugar free MIO or Water flavoring just tastes like juice and there is tons of options for different flavors! Also eating ice will help keep you hydrated too

I have tried the little sugar free flavor packet's and didn't like them but I will try MIO. I will also try your suggestion about the ice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lisalisa1212. I am 5 months out and have gone from 268 to 199, so I don't think you are doing too bad. I had a stall that started about a month ago that lasted for three weeks and even now I'm loosing again, but it is really slow. I think the days of loosing 10 pounds per month are over. A lot depends on your starting weight, what did you loose before surgery, your sex, and age. It is hard to compare yourself to others.

DrPitt2b you seem to be on much more than a stall. Have you talked to your Dr about the results?

Before surgery I weighed 260 and lost 11 lbs post surgery. I am a woman.

Edited by lisalisa1212

So I was sleeved June 30th and u lost 40lbs in the first 4 weeks.i have only list 10 more lbs since then. My appetite is a little lighter but definitely not what I expected. I just got a personal trainer so hopefully that helps. I'm pretty discouraged

I was sleeved Nov 10 2015 and I know what you mean about the appetite. I didn't know I would be hungry all the time but I am.

We are almost exactly the same. I think you are doing fine. If you are like me, your just impatient. I'm still looking for a magic pill where all the weight is gone over night.

I find that I am the most hungry when I'm bored. I know that has to be head hunger, but don't know a good way to stop it. When I'm super busy I have to remind myself to eat something.

We are almost exactly the same. I think you are doing fine. If you are like me, your just impatient. I'm still looking for a magic pill where all the weight is gone over night.

I find that I am the most hungry when I'm bored. I know that has to be head hunger, but don't know a good way to stop it. When I'm super busy I have to remind myself to eat something.

I am the same as you...When I am home I am bored and just am hungry all the time but if I am out doing something or at the gym I am fine.

And yes I am very impatient and even though I know I shouldn't I weigh myself almost every day and am frustrated when I go from 200 to 200.6 And it seems like it will never go below 200. Ugghhh