Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Awesome time and distance Dawn. You're going to rock that half marathon! WOohoo! Way to go!

Boo, I think I'm at my final weight. I don't think I'm aiming for 136 after all. I don't want to be any thinner, I don't think. MY face is on the border of hollow. I'm at a peek time of my cycle, so I'm probably going to settle in the low 140s and that's fine with me. I'm really not going to actively try to lose more weight. I wear a consistent size 4P and that's really small enough for me. I officially don't think I'm fat.

Julie- I am officially happy that you figured out that you are officially not fat!!!! Of course you aren't!!!!

I too have been wondering if any more of this weight will come off. I am still shooting for 148. I wear a size 10 Pant (usually) and a large top (got those boobs - what's a girl to do!). I would love to be an 8, but I think the extra skin will prevent that.

Today I am happy and feeling like it has been a long and worthwhile road.

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

358/156/148

I just wanted to say that I just ran my 20 km, with an extra 1.1 on the end,since I was still a bit from home.

I did it and I am so happy!!! Time for the 20 which is what I clocked 1:59:08... I am thankful today that I can do this. Thanks for all your support!!!

Dawn

WOW!! That is awesome! Congrats on the weight loss, too!

I officially don't think I'm fat.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:I couldn't find a great dancing banana, so you get a standing ovation.

Yeah, JULIE!!!

Ha, ha, ha, Boo! You crack me up! Thanks for the standing ovation. A tiny piece of me feels bad that I'm going to "settle" for a number that has me officially "overweight" and that I'll be one who touts that the charts aren't made for everyone, but that's the way it'll be. 136 is too skinny for me.

Dawn, a 10 at your height without PS is INCREDIBLE. You're officially thin too. I think in a year when your skin catches up, you may settle into an 8 without losing any more weight. But if not, that's ok too.

Yea, ladies! We're coping with life now, I guess, huh?

Hey, I like the new "headshot", Julie!

I ran 7 miles last night. Going out the door in an hour to run again.

Betty, do you have any restriction?

Hey guys.............we're all absent!

I have an excuse - many - per usual! Had the grandkids for 10 days, Alan and I both got sick............plain old "colds".....it was rough................but, all is well now, kids are back with their parents - TG - we're back at the gym this morning, my fill kicked in.............phew! Put on my BB, weighed myself in front of Alan............he hid the scale for a week - back, back, back. This maintaining is harder than losing weight - so far I have not been successfull with the former....................I'm better with "all or nothing".............than with letting a little something in.............someday, I do have to learn tho.

Happy belated Thanksgiving - glad it's over - I cooked!.........I tried to get rid of all the leftovers, but they would only take so much..................think I'm going to thow the rest down the drain!

Throw them away Betty (the leftovers). That's the only thing that works, in my book! I know some would consider it a waste, but not us with eating compulsions. It saves us a lot of heart ache not to have it around....

Julie - I did just that - they're (leftovers) in the garbage as we speak - just kept the turkey. How are you doing? Are you home (NYC) yet? You must be gorgeous!!!! Post some new pics.

I have a great fill - hope it lasts for a while. I'm feeling like I did months ago...................I will not let it go this long again........and I've been to the gym 2 days in a row, going again in the morning.........it was so easy to let down.....frightening.........it was easier to not go when "things" got hectic. I have to remember how important it is for me and not get distracted. Wish I could just forget about the whole weight thing - but, in this life, for me at least - I can never forget..............I do wish it were different - and I could concentrate on something else for a change - but it is not to be. Next life - 5"10 and naturally thin!

Boo, Dawn, Julie hope you all enjoyed the holiday week - on to the next challenge - the month of December and all that brings!

I'm back to my promise (to myself) of 6 days a week of at least an hour of exercise.

Betty,

If you look on page 9 of my PS thread, I posted pics yesterday. I feel great! Can't go to the gym yet tho.

Can't WAIT for the December challenge. I'm going to go for 20 workouts, but let myself count two workouts within one day as two workouts, since my last PS is December 20th and I otherwise couldn't make it.

Julie - I just replied to your PS thread - I didn't know about the new thread........................Boo, Dawn go find Julie's new thread about this latest ps.................get ready to be blown away!

Julie baby.................here's to a great life as an awsome looking babe..................as awsome looking as that brain of yours is awsome, as awsome looking as the awsome way you push your body to move, as awsome looking as the way you are dealing with all the awesome head thoughts you deal with through this transformation in life...........keep movin awsome girl.......I just blown away with your awsomeness!

Thanks Betty. It's been quite the journey. I'm now where you are, in that I keep going back and forth (and back and forth, and back and forth) about what "goal" is. Am I there? Is it 10 more lbs (to take me to a "normal" BMI)? Arrrrgggg! I don't know!

You look gorgeous - why torture yourself more! Give it a break..........get well and get your levels up for the next surgery...................just maintain baby girl (that in itself is a job)............you're there! Hold on to it!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOO - DAWNNNNNNNNN - we need you - where are you?

Julie for me right now it's not should I go down more - it's I want to get back to where I was............I sort of gave up a bit a couple of months ago - when my fills were not doing the thing they were supposed to be doing.................and I was not happy with the rolls around the belly, thighs, arms, boobs down to waist.....................well I sort of turned myself off and even tho I had some restriction (it was not as before the band)..................but frightening none the less..............it was almost like I was before..............I did not get on the scale, I did not follow band rules.................I closed my eyes.........just like the "old days"......................I gained back several pounds........don't even want to tell you how much............

As of last week - I woke up! TG........

I've been back to the Betty of old (or rather new since banding)................I'm trying to get the whole thing back. So far so good. Exercise every day, I'm tracking my food, wearing my BB...............

Looking at your new pics and reading about all you've been thru has again motivated me Julie..............I need to keep active on the board - I sort of gave that up too...........but, it's so inspiring............I'm back. I've said that before.........but I'm back.

Betty,

I think you should consider telling us how much you've gained. I won't press you on it if you don't want to, but putting it in black and white might help you and I know it would help us as a team to know what can and does happen, you know? My biggest "gain" since being banded was when I went from 147 to 161. It was after a long run (they make you retain about 4-5 lbs), during my cycle and after about 5 days (that's all it took) of "giving up" on bandster rules and eating whatever I wanted. 14 lbs in 5 days! It came off in about a week, but it's scary to know that (and more) can -- and does -- happen. It's a part of bandster reality.

What's going on with your half marathon training? Are you still planning on doing the race this spring? I've got to get signed up for some races myself....