Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Oh Good!!! I'm a dancer, huh? Okay, I'll keep that in mind. The problem is that I like to run so much that I'll just start running any old time to get from point A to point B. Although I manage in the dark in running shoes, indoor surfaces in heels or slick flats are a BAD idea.

I just can't get over Julie's time in the marathon!! That is an achievement of a lifetime! (Dawn, you are the next one.)

Julie's legs should be bronzed before the surgery for what they have accomplished!

So Julie, I hope you are feeling okay after the surgery. Thoughts are coming your way today. This is another "milestone" in your journey here.

You are all doing great, and are ALL inspiring me to move ahead. Keep it up, dear friends!

Hi all!

I'm back up and "running" -- ok, not running, but moving in any event. This surgery was hard, but I turned the corner quickly. The marathon was phenomenal. Really -- the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to do it again.

Boo, I hope you're mending from your fall and that the fires are under control (we get no info here in lower Alabama).

Betty, how is your family this week?

Dawn, YES, we'll find a race to do together and I want to do the Disney sometime too, though, like you, it won't be this year.

Well, I'm tired again, so back I go to nap....

Cool, Julie. Here you are in major pain and you ask about all of us.

I read your post about the race. 10:00 average/mile for 26 miles is just unreal!!! And the entire experience sounds like the thrill and achievement of a lifetime. Our battle scars will keep us humble and remind us from where we have come and of what we have conquered.

I got a tiny fill this week (1.0 cc). I don't feel much change, but am going to work with it for now so that I can take my medicine.

The fall was stupid and wrenched my existing herniated disc. But I'm going to start running again this weekend. Yes, I AM!!! Mind over matter, right? No pain, no gain? Strangely, running never bothered it before, so I'm counting on being okay.

Dawn, is the run at Disneyland or Disney World? I've been checking on half-marathons. I heard the Disney one is crazy, but that was just from one person. I gotta get into training mode again instead of the recreational hiking I've been doing. (It is pretty steep, just not the same...)

Please forgive this quoted post. It is for my benefit to re-commit!!!

(Hugs, Betty!)

Hello New Friends and April '06 Bandsters!

Here we are, once again, setting our exercise goals for the month! We have truly built a successful support group here. Many of us have fully integrated exercise into our daily life. Can we now live without our monthly challenge and without each other's support?? NO!!

SO, I'm starting it back up again. We can take turns each month hosting, or run this thread however we choose. (As much as we LOVE JulieNYC's "Passing for Thin" thread and can't get enough of it, some of us were missing the challenge of our exercise thread.)

In keeping with our prior goals, PLEASE log the number of workouts per month (approximately 20). Each session should be at least 45 minutes in length, but at this point could be of your own choosing. We want to inspire each other, while also finding the motivation to be self-driven. So, set your own goals!! BUT YOU MUST REPORT THEM HERE!!

Let's add some extra elements into our workouts that we have tried in the past such as, try a NEW activity at least once a month, and make sure to spend additional time to STRETCH before and after each workout.

So, Ladies, ready, set, GO!!!!!

GO for the GOLD!

(This thread is open to anyone who would like to join in)

Julie...............how's the pain? Hurting for you (with you?)! Just think about those tight thighs - oh, I'm living thru you - just like my kids and grandkids - it's fun to live thru the youngins - just wait till you're a grammy and you'll see what I mean.

Boo - I like the quoted re-commitment! I've got an appt on Tues, the 13th - could not make the one I had on the 8th - for a fill/check to see what the heck is happening................in the meantime I started on liquids and plan to stay on liquids for a couple of weeks - no matter what they find..................I've gained over 15 lbs (since my lowest weight) and am panicked.................I've been eating too much, and too often......I need to start from basics..............so am going to pretend I just got my band.............and do the liquids and then back to Protein, veggies, etc...............you know the "rules"...............so frightening to think I could slip back so fast. My exercise has also not been up to what I was doing.............so yes.............a good quote -Boo.

Julie - thanks for asking about my family...............all are well. This week we're kid sitting for our son and daughter-in-law.......they're in Tiland. (still don't know how to spell that)............son on business and daughter-in-law tagging along........3 busy kids..................Alan and I are taking turns sleeping at their house (it's easier)............one of us stays home with the new puppy and the other doggies...................I did tell you that we got a new little doxie? She's so cute - a long haired mini, red piebald.........needed a baby and that's the only way I'm going to get one!

Julie, how long will you be home? When do you think you'll return to NY and back to work?

I'm home until Thanksgiving weekend. Then I'm back in NYC for 4 weeks, then back down here for the THIRD AND FINAL PS phase on December 20th!! So exciting. Dad says the last surgery will be a breeze compared to this one. It'll be inner thighs, breast implants, and a very minor TT revision (mons lift and port replacement). Then that's IT, I'm DONE! WOOHOO!!!

I'm pretty sure Dawn's talking about Disneyworld, not Disneyland because Disnewworld's 1/2 is in January. It's also supposed to be a very flat course, which is why I want to run it sometime -- easier to break personal records on a flat course. Plus, having Disney characters cheer you on at each mile marker must be a trip. I'm planning to do it in 2009.

Betty, what are you thinking about your weight? Are you able to say that it's just a matter of getting a fill and you'll get it later this month, or is there more to it than that? I guess I'm just a little nervous for you. There was a time last month when I was training hard and I went from 148 to 161 from all the carbs/high point in my cycle. It only lasted a couple of days (and came back down to 152 with no effort, which is kind of a set point for me), but I was completely freaked out. I guess you're getting your fill this week, actually, so there's nothing to worry about, right?

Boo, if running hurts, don't do it. No pain, no gain when pushing through a running plateau, but not when pushing through a disc injury. Do you see a sports med doc? I'm thinking we might actually be athletes who deserve specialized docs at this point. Ha!

Julie... I was checking your time all the way through the NYC marathon... I actually cheered when you finished. I am so jealous and proud and thankful that we can run!!! You go girl!!!

I am not running disney (Florida) this year... my kids really want to be home for their birthdays, so I decided to switch things around... but Julie... can we make a date for 2009??

Instead I am running a really small half just outside of Toronto on December 2nd. I actually think it will be better for me as I am really feeling like I am almost ready.

I ran 19 km on Friday... so great. My time was just under 1:55... so was happy. It felt good. I have 1 long run left (20 km) and then I start tapering.

My weight is still sitting there...message from body to me perhaps???

Anyhow... I hope we are all well, happy, strong and taking tender care of us.

Dawn

Banded Arpil 4th, 2006

Montreal

358-158-148

Dawn, it's a date!! Jan 2009 in Disney World. I think "LosingJustMe" will probably be running it then too. Woohoo! Yes - awesome. In the meantime, your current 1/2 is going to go great. I'm so excited that you're running! Stick to the taper, ok, it'll help you for the race, even though you're going to want to run more....

Yes Julie, I HOPE you are right!

I did go today to get my fill................and it was just that. I do not have a leak, just in need of a fill. I have not been the same for many months..............since the time I was overfilled, then got an unfil - the tech that did me took too much out and then the same tech supposidly filled me back up to my good level.................she did not tho and the next time I went in a couple of months ago was when my level was very low..............(and they thought I might have a leak)........since they did not go very high after that last one, I've been having problems, feeling not much restriction if any..........so, I'm back to a monthly routine (if not sooner) and will try to get back to that comfortable feeling I once had!!!! Our lives have been very hectic the past couple of months and I put myself on the back burner...........no more......back to Betty - however we do have to get thru the rest of this week with the grandkids..............Alan had them today (one of them was sick and home from school) while I drove up to Olympia myself................I'm proud of myself for not putting it off once again!.................Mom will be home Sunday eve........TG...............lots of running around.......shopping, feeding, puppy watching.....yikes........I'm getting too old for this stuff (not really - hopefully it'll keep us young????). With all the stuff happening I have let down on exercise also.............not completely, but some. Next week - back to normal (right!!!).

Julie so happy you're on the mend.

Dawn..............keep it up............without the 3 of you guys.....Julie, Dawn and Boo....................I just don't know......I'm finding it easy to slip at this stage of the game......I'm hoping this fill makes me feel like I used to.........I need my band..............I'm not like I used to be........but, it's very frightening to think that I'm slipping in that direction.

Betty, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU for not putting off your fill again. Let us know how your restriction is over the next few days as you start back on solids. I'm really thinking about you hard! No more back burner for you. Good decision!

I have been going out for 6 mile runs, followed by four mile runs. It sounds so piddly squat next to our marathoners! Something is wrong cause I'm not even posting my workouts. I need to be careful that I not err on the side of overdoing it, nor err on the side of underdoing it! Mostly I just need to DO it!!!!!!!!!! AND not feel bad about what I do.

Betty, I can SO relate! I have a lousy fill given to me by a rookie. I knew 1.0 cc could not satisfy my stomach. The fill amount is critical. If it is too much it is dangerous and if it is not enough the fear grabs hold again. I hope this works for you!!! I'm not sure when I can get a bit more for myself, but I'm anxious to get losing again. My weight is up 6 pounds. I thought I would be in the 40's by now. Or at least still in the 50's. Patience can only last so long, then resolve and determination must win out!

Hey Julie, what do you think your final weight will be??

Dawn, I was hoping there was a Disneyland half that you were planning on, cause I am selfish. I think it happens Labor Day weekend.

Take care everyone. Keep it up!

I'm home until Thanksgiving weekend. Then I'm back in NYC for 4 weeks, then back down here for the THIRD AND FINAL PS phase on December 20th!! So exciting. Dad says the last surgery will be a breeze compared to this one. It'll be inner thighs, breast implants, and a very minor TT revision (mons lift and port replacement). Then that's IT, I'm DONE! WOOHOO!!!

Boo, if running hurts, don't do it. No pain, no gain when pushing through a running plateau, but not when pushing through a disc injury. Do you see a sports med doc? I'm thinking we might actually be athletes who deserve specialized docs at this point. Ha!

PS will be done December 20??!!! That is wonderful! You are gonna be HOT!

Yeah, I've been to an ortho guy, but am getting a referral to see someone else. It is hard to work through the pain. It makes me MAD!

Hi everyone, and happy Friday!

Well, I can say that this week I was really on task about food intake. I haven't really lost any weight in a month, so I decided it was time to see the scales move. Finally it did. My weight this morning was 155.4 So, I am getting closer to goal.

My long run - 20km is scheduled for tomorrow, but it looks like a blizzard. I might play hookey from work and run this afternoon.

This is my last long run before my 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks... yikes!!!

Betty, how is it going with the fill?

Boo, how goes the exercise.

Julie, how are you feeling after the ps???

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/156/148

I just wanted to say that I just ran my 20 km, with an extra 1.1 on the end,since I was still a bit from home.

I did it and I am so happy!!! Time for the 20 which is what I clocked 1:59:08... I am thankful today that I can do this. Thanks for all your support!!!

Dawn