Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Hello everyone,

I think a big group hug is needed!!

Betty, cancer is so awful. I am sorry for your DIL and for you. My thoughts are with you!!!

Julie... it sounds like you are doing everything you can do. Train the upper body like crazy and keep in mind that bodies have memories and your body will remember!!!! You will be running again soon.

For me, I finished leading the workshops this week. It was quite stressful, but three days of training for the teachers and now, I am taking it easy.

Today is a break day from running... but the big news is that my weight is creeping down... finally I hit the 200 lb lost mark!!!!!

Thanks for all your support.

Dawn

Banded Arpil 4th, 2006

Montreal

359/157/148

Dawn, CONGRATULATIONS on the -200 milestone. That's so amazing. I hope you can see that anything else is just gravy. Don't you remember at the start of this journey how long of a road -200 seemed? I remember thinking "why bother" that's such a long road. Our bands are a great thing.

Boo, I don't think it's a stress fracture. I broke the ankle in 4th grade, reinjured it when I was about 26, and it's just one of those problem areas for me. I've been running on it and it doesn't get any worse. I can get it totally pain free with ice and advil. It's going to be FINE for the marathon -- I'm sure of it.

On a personal front, I had gotten reasonably serious with a great guy (I'd only mentioned in in passing because I'm so new to this) and he called things off kind of out of the blue last Friday. So, this is my first post-band breakup. And my first breakup in like 15 years. So I'm struggling with sadness and, worst of all, with food. I'm having bad food issues -- swinging between wanting to binge and wanting to eat literally nothing. Either end of the spectrum seems to patch the emotional holes. Weird how that's the case.

I'm working on it. I recognize it has little to do with him and everything to do with how I cope with life stress.

On a personal front, I had gotten reasonably serious with a great guy (I'd only mentioned in in passing because I'm so new to this) and he called things off kind of out of the blue last Friday. So, this is my first post-band breakup. And my first breakup in like 15 years. So I'm struggling with sadness and, worst of all, with food. I'm having bad food issues -- swinging between wanting to binge and wanting to eat literally nothing. Either end of the spectrum seems to patch the emotional holes. Weird how that's the case.

I'm working on it. I recognize it has little to do with him and everything to do with how I cope with life stress.

You will be okay. I know it hurts now, but in the "long run" (forgive the pun) you will be grateful. Not because he is some terrible person, but because you are on a new journey. There is someone out there waiting for you.

By the way, it is not your fault.

BIG hugs!!!

So, the marathon taper (i.e. when you quit running so much in the 2 weeks before the race to store your energy) is really hard! All I want to do is run! My ankle is appreciating the break though, so that's good.

Other than that, no news. 10 days to the marathon.

Hi Everyone,

Julie, sorry about the guy you were interested in. Life can be tough, but someone better is out there waiting for you I am certain!

I can imagine that tapering it hard. I am not looking forward to that stage too much, although the entire way through my training I have been putting in a low week every 4 or 5 weeks. Tomorrow I run 17 km.

Betty, Boo how are you?

I have just finished meaningful, exhausting meetings this week... so I will try to have a good day and get caught up on my work!!

Have a good weekend!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/157/149

I did my last pre-marathon race today. It was a 5 miler that I ran in 45 minutes. That's 9 minute miles even. WOOHOO!

It was so incredible. This was the marathon week "kickoff" and the race ran the last 5 miles of the marathon course, including ending at the actual finish line where they have all the bleachers set up, etc. It was SO AMAZING. I can't wait for next week. Yall have to watch the recap on TV, OK? I'll post details.

Hugs,

Hugs Julie and Dawn and Boo..............Life has been hectic and a bit depressing. Got thru the week-end of the funeral down in No. Calif.............(my daughter-in-laws Dad)................came home to my daughter having a blood clot resulting from a proceedure she had done - lazer of a varicose vein - very frightening, but hopefully now under control - she has to be on cumadin for several months.

Julie - feeling the love life "loss" so much - for you! Pulling for you on your upcoming marathon. Dawn thinking of you when I go out to walk in the early morning and it's in the 30's (can't imagine how you do it with those sub - zero temps that are headed your way). Boo - you're missing - where are you?

I'm not in a very good spot right now. Depressed, feeling old, feeling bored, feeling out-of-control with food, the past few weeks I've let down on my exercise. Once again, I have no restriction. I was supposed to go back up to my Doc several weeks ago, but all seemed OK - not great - but OK and I was so busy!!! Now, I have "almost no restriction".........worried that I have a leak after all. I've got an appt for the 8th to see the fill tech/nurse and then if she feels there is a problem I'll be able to see my Doctor also. I can't get in before that because I need to see my favorite tech and the Dr. (possibly) on the same day. It is a pain being so far away from my Dr.

On a lighter note - we're adopting a new "baby"...............don't freak - it's a new puppy. We are doggie people..............we already have a 5 year old red longhaired dauchshund (Zoe) and a 6 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Phoebe) and our new puppy is a Red Piebald Longhaired adorable little girl (Lucy). She's being flown up here from No. Calif on Thurs. I needed a new baby to cheer me up and this is the only way I'm going to get one!

Betty,

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough spell. The medical issue with your daughter sounds so scary and I'm glad it's under control. Wow. Just what you needed, huh?

Maybe you DO have a leak. You know? I mean this much fluctuation in restriction level just isn't normal. I'll be interested to hear what your tech says. Guess I won't hear until I wake up from my PS, since they're on the same day!

OK, I woke up in a better "mood"...............I've got to do "something" or else! On Sat we actually worked in the yard for about 4 hours, yesterday we walked to the movies, this morning I put on my BB, and am headed to the gym..........leak or no, I've got to get my head and body back! It's so frightening to think that - I can lose it so fast! I can't and won't - I've worked too hard.

Julie keep up the excitement of the upcoming marathon...........and think about those toned thighs and cute butt - oh, I'm excited for you!

I'm so sorry. I have been "absent" too much. I fell at work (completely unexpected!!) They had just put a high gloss wax finish on the floor and there was Water sitting on it. I wore a new pair of flats that were a bit slick underneath and went flying. I did the splits then fell. There were even skid marks!! So my booty and back have been sore.

Also, the fires here have been terrible. Running is not an option for a while until the air is safe. We opened our house to evacuees last week.

Surprisingly, I'm not so depressed, even though I'm stalled on exercise and my weight is up. (Betty, I completely understand because I am unfilled.) What a let down it is to suddenly be hungry all the time! I try to pretend I am filled, but forget and eat one bite after another. It is kind of nice to eat an entire salad with any vegetable and not have a problem.

Very soon I HAVE to get a fill!! I'm afraid I could gain it all back in a year if I don't....YIKES!

Betty, your new baby is a very lucky girl!

Dawn, I admire you for sticking with the plan even though you have such long meetings.

Julie, here it comes!!! It is an exciting time!

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

Boo... the fires sounded so horrible. I was thinking of you and glad to know that you are okay.

Betty... how are you today? Life can be tough, but you are sooo amazing!!!

Julie... 5 days eh (that's the Canadian in me coming out!) I am jealous and happy for you. I know you will do grand. Yo have trained hard, you are ready, you deserve it. Never doubt those truths!

Well, my weight is bouncing right now, but I knew it would. The good news for me is I had a great 17 km on Saturday, followed by a wicked fast 5 km today. I was at a pace of 8:56 per mile so that makes me smile!!! (and want to vomit too).

Also, we have had a family change of plans. Long story short... my kids want to be here, at home for their birthdays- so no disney 1/2 for me... so I found a small 1/2 in Ontario (near Toronto) that I will run on December 2nd. It is a really small one, but who cares!!! I am sure I will be ready by then. 4 weeks to build and 1 to taper (it's ony a half). Maybe my next big one will be with you Julie!!!

I hope you all have a good week!!!

Dawn

Banded April 6th, 2006

montreal

358/159/148

I just have 1 word to say to all of you BLIZZARD!!!!!

Oh and I am thinking of you on your big weekend Julie!!!

Hope all is well. I lost the one pound I gained, so I am happy with that.

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

358/158/148

Hi again,

Where is everyone???

I am good. 18 km this morning and I am tired but happy.

Julie... I just watched the olympic trials, and was thinking of you and your race tomorrow. You go girl!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/158/148

Oh, I just read the article about the Olympic athlete at the trials today....what a tragedy!

In my heart I would like to run next week in his honor.

Julie, I am getting butterflies thinking about you running!!

Dawn, I hate to be a snot, but I had to turn on my air conditioning today.

Betty!! I'm planning on going for a fill on Tuesday. Yippee! It feels like I'm healed enough to give this another try. I'll make sure he is not too aggressive. It is just hard to get it perfect. Have you found out anything yet???

Group HUGS are definitely needed!! And a big cheer for all of you!

Julie - how was it? Saw that "Katie" ran with you!

Life is still hectic............I had to put off my doc appt until the 13th! I'm trying to cope.

My daughter is better and they're getting her cumadin level up to snuff so that she can get back to exercising. Our baby puppy arrived and she is so cute and sweet......just what the dr. ordered!

Boo - are you OK now? Sounds like you're getting like me........Alan always calls it my "dance step" when I fall! It doesn't happen as much any more - since the weight loss - but I still go down occasionally. We have a very good friend who lost their home (and almost their lives) in Rancho Bernardo (San Diego area) in the fire........and many who had to evacuate - very frightening. The area where I lived lost many homes (my old home is still standing tho). Really the worst fire is SD area history.

Dawn - yikes, Blizzard............I guess a body gets used to anything - I don't think I want to to try it tho. You are amazing and get better and better............

Julie - so now the marathon is over - you must be so excited(?) about the upcoming surgeries. I know you want to get it over and done with and then on to the next!!

More busy days ahead - watching our sons 3 kids for 10 days starting on the 8th..........(they're going to Tiland (sp?) - he on business and my daughter-in-law is tagging along for fun) and my daughter Amy is now working full time and so Grammy and Poppops have Mon, Tues and every other Fri after school "duty". We love it (usually)!

Have a great week everyone.