Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My recent adventures..

So, when I decided to "try again" I firmly committed myself to a different approach as advised by MANY. I make the mistake of zeroing in on a person to quickly and then am disappointed when it doesn't work out so this time the idea is to date many, very casually, and get to know a person for months before devoting too much time to a person. I have been pleased at finding an overall better pool of prospects, and things are going well...however...I recently realized I am doing it again! The idea is you sort of rotate through lots of people and as people"drop out" you replace. Eventually, a good match shows up, stays with you and you have had time to get to know him.

Instead, I met two guys early on and so far, I go out with them. Basically, I am repeating my old pattern only with 2 instead of one...arrggghhh!!!

Things are very light, but, I don't have time to do more which means I need to force the issue. Truth is I enjoy both their company but one of them i KNOW isn't a good match. He is soooo persistent but in a nice way I am having trouble saying I am not interested. I have been on 3 very fun dates but last night he was making plans for summer BBQ! - I about fainted. I feel like a heel that I just dont have that mutual interest and that I feel absolutely smothered by the emails, the pinning me down for Saturday nights etc. I did not anticipate this because I have never experienced the "he's such a nice, considerate guy" guilt. Btw, my lack of attraction/interest has mostly to do with communication. He was born out of the country but been here since 1980 and he is still difficult to converse with, thick accent and just slow to pick up things. I think he is either hard of hearing...or maybe a little slow..I had to explain stuff in a movie we watched, for example. Noisy restaurants...forget it... Intelligent conversation is so high on my "needs" list that this is becoming difficult... I am dreading this.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

I totally understand about the foreigner problem. My last serious attempt at online dating had me with a bunch of English as a second language engineers. It was fun to begin with, but as you stated, communication is very important to me.

Try try try again...

On my attempt to try AGAIN...I received a message from a guy I knew about 8 years ago. He dated my good friend. It was a serious relationship. I felt like, gimme a break...I'm 50+ pounds lighter from then, but WTHey??!!! My face looks the same! Back to the drawing board.

Oh my...this afternoon I was out with the girls and who should show up but K the man I had a fairly serious thing with in 2014 that called me in January about getting back together (i declined). My face blindness was confirmed. .. I didn't see him, one of my friends did and then he came over and said hi. I am never awkward around ex 's but I was with him. I think it is because that call on January stirred up some questions on my mind about what I really want.... anyway, we girls than pinky swore to never ever ever bring a date to OUR favorite restaurant again because then you can't seem to get rid of em!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App