Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Grocery Store Finds!

Most of us are creatures of habit, and that includes food prep. I tend to go down the same aisles at the supermarket and buy the same things week in and week out. Occasionally, though, I find or notice something for the first time, and it turns out to be a winner!

My most recent find is seaweed Snacks. I know they’re hardly new, but I had not tasted them until recently. Now I am hooked! The small packages of dried, seasoned seaweed have only 30 calories each. They’re not as filling as some snacks, but they taste good and are definitely better for me to munch on than a lot of other crunchy snacks!

Have you found any new products or new-to-you ingredients recently? What are they, and do you use them in recipes? Share your great finds here!

Products no, but I try to grow more food. I have an expanding garden. Last year I did okra, beets, carrots, herbs, lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions. I want a wider range this year with more various types of those.

I already have some of the herbs, carrots, various lettuces, and will also plant spinach. I'm also planning the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and onions, maybe some garlic too.

I've found Crunchamame (90 cal, 8g protein) and Enlightened ice cream bars (80 cal, 7g protein) to be pretty great finds for those times when you really need a snack.

I found the Nutritional Yeast that I first heard of on this site. I use it on my veggies, salads, and broths. It has only 45cal/2 Tblsp, and 8gr of Protein.

The taste is cheesy, bready, or nutty depending what I put it on.

It was a great find for me. I can have more veggies without sacrificing Protein.< /p>

I love these roasted chickpeas. They make a great snack or addition to my lunch.

http://saffronroadfood.com/crunchy-chickpeas/

Simply Protein Herb chips. 140 calories/15g protein. Actually very filling, I can't finish the 1.16oz bag. Made with pea protein, so OK for folks with lactose and soy intolerances

Simply Protein Herb chips. 140 calories/15g Protein. Actually very filling, I can't finish the 1.16oz bag. Made with pea protein, so OK for folks with lactose and soy intolerances

Are these with regular chips in your store? Or a different one?

I found the Nutritional Yeast that I first heard of on this site. I use it on my veggies, salads, and broths. It has only 45cal/2 Tblsp, and 8gr of protein.

It was a great find for me. I can have more veggies without sacrificing protein.

What section does your store have this in?

Simply Protein Herb chips. 140 calories/15g Protein. Actually very filling, I can't finish the 1.16oz bag. Made with pea protein, so OK for folks with lactose and soy intolerances

Are these with regular chips in your store? Or a different one?

>I found the Nutritional Yeast that I first heard of on this site. I use it on my veggies, salads, and broths. It has only 45cal/2 Tblsp, and 8gr of protein.

It was a great find for me. I can have more veggies without sacrificing protein.

What section does your store have this in?

I found it in the "gluten free" section of the baking isle. I also found it in the "natural food" store.

I have been craving some crunch lately, but working hard to stay low carb. (really, really, hard!) Yesterday I found San Franola. While not totally low carb, and you have to watch the calories, it is an option if you really want granola. It taste pretty good too. I went with cinnamon almond. http://www.sanfranolagranola.com/.

I originally found them at my local natural foods store. But now I buy them on Amazon cause they're a lot cheaper.

post-182221-0-50471800-1456718925_thumb.jpeg

This is not a "grocery store find " but it's kinda a food find ! I kept reading about an India drink called "Golden milk " made with an amazing spice called Turmeric ( found in grocery or health food stores ). Supposed to be one of the best for everything from inflammation , insomnia, Alzheimers to killing cancer cells etc. Every night before bedtime warm on the stove (NOT microwave , and NOT hot ) 1/2 cup milk, any kind, 1/4 th tsp EACH of Turmeric ,black pepper, and cinnamon.. Pour into a cup and add 1-2 tsp of real honey and stir until disolved. Drink warm. I've been sleeping much, much better !! Google Golden milk or Turmeric for more info.

@@Kindle I've been looking for non perishable food, so I'll have to try these. I tried Quest chips and didn't like them, maybe I'll like these!

@@Kindle I've been looking for non perishable food, so I'll have to try these. I tried Quest chips and didn't like them, maybe I'll like these!

I don't mind the cheddar and sour cream/onion Quest chips but these are definitely better. My favorite Protein chip is Health Wise. They come in different flavors and Ranch is my favorite but kind of hard to find.

Quest chips are ok in a pinch.

My favorite "chip" is Mr. cheese O's. I eat them as my post-swim snack. I get mine from Amazion. They aren't cheap.

I also like some of the Kay's Naturals Protein bites.

sour cream and onion or barbeque roasted chick peas. Simply Protein chips are better than the Quest ones. Oh and simply protein lemon/coconut bars taste like rice crispy treats yum!