Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to compare notes and chat!

Hi everyone or anyone, Ha Ha

I'm Kat and I had my surgery 23 days ago. I'm starting to feel better now. Still can't lie flat, having a hard time getting in fluids but doing well with Protein because of the shakes. I am really not crazy about drinking a meal but food just doesn't sit right yet. I was just curious to learn more about anyone else's experiences. If you respond, then maybe I can check out your page as well and read there too! I want to be a success story one day and just want to see how you all are doing it! Thanks in advance!

@@Kats Journey

Hi and welcome! We are all here for you.

I am 17 months post op and nearly at goal. If I can do this anyone can. When I started my journey I dared to believe I could go from 310lbs to my goal of 165. I am currently 166.8.

I still drink 1 Protein shake for Breakfast every day. I have to in order to reach my Protein goal. I am very restricted and cannot seem to get all of my protein from food. I have my shake for Breakfast, a small balanced lunch, a snack which usually is cheese or lunch meat or milk, a well balanced dinner and a small snack after. I land between 900 and 1100 calories and 70 to 80 grams of protein everyday. I also drink a minimum of 48 oz. of Water, but usually more than 60oz total.

Feel free to message with questions and good luck! You are clearly making fantastic progress so far! Congratulations!!!

Hello there and welcome! I am just about 6 months post op and I am down 110pounds!!! It has slowed down significantly but I think that may have to do with starting on my BC again. I started at 348lbs and am at 238 as of this morning! Can't wait to reach my goal (170) if you have any questions please ask? This is the friendliest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with!! Good luck

Thanks Ladies! I love seeing how great everyone is doing. Congrats on almost being to goal Djmohr and 110 lbs. in 6 month ualreadyknow..... Wow! Thanks for answering! I can't wait to see what 6 months to a year will look on me!

Have a great night! :)

1. Hi I am 1-1/2 years post op. I started at 285lbs - 265 when I went into surgery and I am now at 170lbs. I fluctuate between 168 and 172 for some reason. I am still not at my goal of 160lbs but really am not too upset about that because I am very comfortable with size I am. Everyone tells me I don't need to lose more but you know how that scale number can drive you mad! Some of my advice/story/issues.

Water! I have never been a liquid drinker and seems that no matter what I have tried I just forget to drink. I am having a REALLY good day if I manage 2 glasses - yes I know I am WAY below the requirements! Simply forget...

I was never able to tolerate shakes. I managed for a couple of weeks on one but even that soon turned to instant gag when I brought it to my mouth. I have tried so many different types - added fruits/flavoring - held my nose - said prayers - you name it I tried it..

I am constantly fearful of weight gain. Even though they tell you not to weigh everyday - I do..And I almost panic if I weigh even an ounce more than the previous day. It has taken months to get used to the couple pounds I fluctuate - but know if it goes over 172 I will hit freak out mode and probably starve myself! lol

Find I am having issues with my teeth. They are more sensitive now ( I am sure Water plays a part in that as well as Calcium that I cant seem to remember to take when I should!) I have recently really buckled down on both issues so hopefully I will not have too much damage to them. Have always had great teeth so this is a major issue for me!

hair loss: Have always had really thick naturally curly hair so I was prepared for some hair loss..Wasnt prepared to lose 1/2 of it! Fortunately it is starting to thicken back up it just always looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket with all the little sprigs! lol.