Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 months post op and seem to have lost and gained the same 1-2 pounds for the last 2 months. I have upped my exercise and still am just kind of sitting at the same weight. Has this happened to anyone else ? Any ideas on getting things going again ?

And you're eating what and how much -- specifically?

And you started at what weight and have lost how much -- specifically?

Something similar happened to me about 8 months post op and I was still not at goal. I had to go low carb, eliminate Quest bars an change my exercise to high intensity interval training. I became more dilgent, went back to basics etc. I had to make a big effort to get rid of the last 40-50#. I made it to goal, losing 150# in 14 months. Some of us have to work harder to get to goal, I suspect higher BMI have this issue the most.

Definitely curious for a lot more detail on what you are eating and what your activity level is.

@@valcatlett4 - I am in the same boat and started really weighing everything out and watching the carbs like CowgirlJane mentioned. scale has moved (-1) but atleast it has started moving :D

I started at 221 and am currently 150. I eat around 800 calories a day and try to get between 10-12000 steps a day. 3-4 days a week I run 2- 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill. I ask just recently added hand weights a thigh toning exercise to my workouts.

Thanks. And gee, sounds like you're working hard at it. Good for you on all that exercise, by the way.

The only other things I can think of for you to look at are:

* Are you eating enough Protein?

* At your activity level, could / should you be eating more calories?

* Are you drinking enough Water?

* Are you taking your meds / supplements as advised?

FYI -- just for your consideration (and not as advice) -- at 7 months post-op I was eating 1,200 cals/day and 100 grams of Protein -- and was still losing 5 pounds a month. Reached goal at 8.5 months. At 1700 calories/day (and 100 protein grams) I continued to lose weight slowly (1-2 pounds a month) for the next 8 months.

I started at 221 and am currently 150. I eat around 800 calories a day and try to get between 10-12000 steps a day. 3-4 days a week I run 2- 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill. I ask just recently added hand weights a thigh toning exercise to my workouts.

What is your daily Protein goal and are you meeting it? Are you getting all your Water in? 800 calories a day seems too low for 7 months out and at your activity level, but I'm very curious about your Protein intake.

I usually get 70-90 grams of Protein a day and I get at least 60 ounces of Water. I have however, started having a lot of coffee lately. Do you think that could hinder any weight loss. My nut. Suggested that we never go over 1000 calories. I almost feel like my body has had become accustomed to the same routine and intake everyday.

I usually get 70-90 grams of Protein a day and I get at least 60 ounces of Water. I have however, started having a lot of coffee lately. Do you think that could hinder any weight loss. My nut. Suggested that we never go over 1000 calories. I almost feel like my body has had become accustomed to the same routine and intake everyday.

I don't see why you'd be limited to 1000 calories if you are exercising regularly. That's a recipe for starvation mode if ever there was one. I doubt coffee has any bearing on your weight loss. I drink 3 cups a day and got to goal and I'm maintaining just fine. I do take a PPI every day though.

I agree, 800 calories seems too low for your activity level. I'd try adding a couple hundred calories and make sure you get a rest day in there at least once a week. Doing too much can hinder you just as much as doing too little.

Thank you all!! JamieLogical what is PPI?

Proton pump inhibitor. It reduced the creation of stomach acid. Without it I get reflux and heartburn.

Try eating more. You may not be getting enough calories.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I agree that you may not be eating enough.

Also, if you are only getting 60 oz of Fluid, drinking coffee (caffeinated?), and exercising a lot you may need a lot more Water.< /p>

64 oz is a minimum and it is my understanding that anything with caffeine shouldn't count toward that 64 oz and that you would need more water to flush out the caffeine.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall