Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Milestones, Anniversaries, SVs and NSVs

Went in yesterday for my first fill - piece of cake. Still don't feel any restriction but good to know it is there. The doc was pleased with my wl thus far. I made my goal of being down a total of 50 lbs by first fill. I am going back in a month for another adjustment. keep up the good work

I went in today for a fill at my doctors office. They did my 3 month progress and here it is I am so happy with progress so far.

5-10-07 8-16-07

WEIGHT 421 336

BMI 47.5 37.9

FAT% 50.1 34.3

FAT MASS 211LBS 115.5

FFM(fatfree mass) 210.5 220.5

TARGETS

BF% 20% 20%

PREDICTED WEIGHT 263 276

pREDICTED FAT MASS 52.5 55.5

FAT TO LOSE 158.5 60.0

These results were shown by the tanita scale that calculates the findings for you.

My fill Dr. has one of these scales too. I love to go in and see what is happening. Nice increase in the FFM too. 10# of FFM is another 10# of fat that is gone.

I would post my latest numbers, but they are at home.

Good work,

Andrew

Gaff I would love to see yours and see how you are doing so far. I have a scale at home that does BF%, TBF, TBWater, and Bone mass. It's not as good as the one at the docs but it does the job. BTW I have not had a fill et and my doc said I probably will not need one at all. That kinda surprised me until he told me about a guy who lost 180lbs in one year and no fill. Thought I would share. bw good job everyone keep up the good work.

Well, after about a year banded I am down 81 lbs from 315 to 234 (I haven't updated my ticker). I am running 5k races every 2 weeks, will be running a 25k in November and a marathon in January. My "long" training runs are 9 miles and my short ones are 3 miles - I am running about 25 - 30 miles a week.

Waist size has gone from 56 to 36, and shirt size from a tight XXXL to Large.

This feels good!

loch It sounds like you are doing great. Wish I could run that far without getting winded. How much more weight do you have to lose. I would think if you are running that far then you are probably close to goal. congrats on the transformation.

I'm 5"11, so I'd like to be around 195 - so I've still got just less than 40lbs to go. I started using the "couch potato to 20 min runner in 10 weeks" and it was a good program, but I needed to accelerate the results as I wasn't being challenged. I think I was running 20 mins within 3 weeks.

3 Month pics

Start, May 17, just before surgery -- 263 lbs, 48" waist pants and 3XLT shirt <--and I was DOWN 20 lbs from my heaviest in February.

Today, August 20 -- 221 lbs, 40" waist pants and XLT shirt

Still got a WAYS to go.

post-0-13813135428202_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813135428741_thumb.jpg

I just joined the site a few days ago. I've been reading like crazy and was glad to see an area for men. I was banded on June 18 2007 (My son's 10th birthday). I've had two fills and have only lost 14 pounds. I feel like I'm following the plan, smaller meals, smaller bites, no drinking before, during, and after meals, etc... I'm excersing a bit, but not aggressively. I coach my children's soccer teams three nights a week and have an active lifestyle. Any advice on how to kick things up a notch. I am committed to making this work.

Here are the pics from my 6 month anniversary. Keep up the good work men.

I just got back from Vegas and was able to buy some clothes in XL and a couple of L. Not bad for starting at 4XL.

Before: about 360lbs

9699d1188397115-6-month-retrospective-small_before1.jpg

9700d1188397123-6-month-retrospective-small_before2.jpg

Current:253lbs 6 month post op.

9702d1188397137-6-month-retrospective-small_after1.jpg

9703d1188397148-6-month-retrospective-small_after2.jpg

Here is me following the bandster rules. Oh if my surgeon could see me now.

9689d1188360897-6-month-retrospective-vegassmall2.jpg

I just joined the site a few days ago. I've been reading like crazy and was glad to see an area for men. I was banded on June 18 2007 (My son's 10th birthday). I've had two fills and have only lost 14 pounds. I feel like I'm following the plan, smaller meals, smaller bites, no drinking before, during, and after meals, etc... I'm excersing a bit, but not aggressively. I coach my children's soccer teams three nights a week and have an active lifestyle. Any advice on how to kick things up a notch. I am committed to making this work.

I think the key might be uping the exercise a bit. I lead a pretty active lifestyle, but unless I am doing high intensity exercise a couple of times a week that the scales does not move.

Also, watch out for hidden calories in your diet. Although I dont do it formally, it may be worth while to track you calories to make sure you are not getting too many.

You may also not be at your ideal level of restriction so depending on what you & your aftercare provider think it may be worth getting another fill.

Andrew

Good idea on tracking calaories. My next appointment is 9/19. I was hoping this second fill would do the trick. Thanks for the tip.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well I haven't had anything to say...so I've just been lurking the last few weeks...but today...a little good news. I had my 6 weeks follow up with my surgeon and the dietician....and I'm down 55 lbs from my weight the morning of my surgery. The Dr. was pleased...did not give me a fill but told me if hunger becomes an issue before my next follow up (in a month) to call and come in for one. The dietician was blown away. She could not believe a lap band patient could lose that amount of weight in such a short time. (She made comments like, "Wiat...this scale can't be right." and "There is just something wrong here. This just does not happen with the lap band." Both were quite proud of my progress...as am I.

In my surgery center...I'm the exception..as 99% of the patients and RNY. So I guess that's why they were so surprised. whatever the reason...I'm just happy the band is working for me.

That's all I got for now. Hope all of you are doing well. Take care and have a great day.

Bud in Indy

As of this morning I'm sitting at 200 lbs. My loss has slowed (I need another fill) but I'm working on portion size and watching what I put in my mouth. I actually went below 200 (196) Sunday after working at a food booth all Saturday. I knew, however that I was dehydrated, so I didn't count it. Hard believe I lost weight while cooking and serving brisket (one of my favorites). I guess staying busy gave me a little time to nibble even though it was soo good. I was also carefull not to cause a scene. Not good to see the cook throwing up!

Anyway, soon I'll be officially below 200. Can't wait!

Bruce

weightlosssofar.jpg

372 night before surgery / 320 / 268

Just posted this in the before and after pic thread but figured what the hell stoked enough to post it twice ! lol