Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hawaii pre & post bansters

Hello ladies! Mahalo for all your concern. Well I'm finallly feeling up to posting. I've been trying to recover and feeling very tired since surgery. I also had my gallbladder removed at the same time so Jennifer was saying my pain would be worse then just getting banded. The pain is about 90% gone now. I stopped using pain meds on Friday b/c I didn't want a groggy head. The hardest things for me is getting the 60-65 grams of Protein in and sleeping. I can't really find a good position to sleep in yet but It's getting better. I'm going to see if costco has Isopure because the Unjury protein I bought online makes me nauseous. I actually gained weight during surgery, probably from the gas and IV fluids. I'm starting to lose now but I think I have to start exercising to start losing more. Kaohinani, my appointment is at 2:15 this Friday. Hope to see you all there. Good luck!

Aloha Ladies,

Oh so good to have you back with us Hawaii Girl, I have been worried. I knew you were in some pain and figured you just wanted to rest a bit. I had a rough evening last night. I got all excited about the potato Soup recipe but did not read the last line. It is meant to be used as a dry mix to store and keep on hand. to use 1/2 cup, just add boiling Water. It also makes 7 servings. Well it was our normal "sunday sit down dinner" and my family was having a huge pork, potatoes, etc. dinner. I was so proud of my soup bowl and crytal light. In fact I ate way too many servings of this soup!!!! I felt terrible and my stomach felt like it was 10 feet out in front of me. I layed down for the rest of the evening. I gotta get my head around this idea that it is all different now. 1/2 cup of everything. I still think this potato soup mix thing is a great idea, especially to have on hand at work.

I have not gotten on the scale but I assume 5 days of sipping clear and full liquids would show some kind of difference. Just in case it is not gonna show up on the scale? I'm not gonna get on it. I figured out very quickly that the Protein Drink will prevent light headedness. Afterall, we gotta get some substance to our brains, right? What a journey! Wow, I am so glad I did this. I have so much hope about the future as a thin and healthy person. My kids are eating Jello and pudding now and even drinking tea.

So this Friday, my post op appointment with Dr. Fowler is at 3:45. I will be racing from Honolulu. What is the plan?

I'm gonna go rest and will check in later tonight.

aloha!:notagree

Hey hawaii girl, glad to hear that you are doing well. Just remember to heal first, and take it easy when you start exercising. My appt with Dr. Fowler is at 1:15, my hubby's appt is 1:30 and I have an appt with Cindy the fitness trainer at 2:00, so who knows maybe I will pop my head in or see you after my appt I will be the local looking lady (short) with a tall haole man. My name is Beverly and his name is Dave. See you there....

Aloha Bev, if you are staying around on the Windward side after your appointments, please let me know. My appoinment is at 3:45p.m. I know Castle Medical Center has a cafeteria, I would love to meet up with you and anyone else that could join in. I think I will see if one of gals that I met that was banded 5 months ago is available too. Jennifer hooked us up with each other and it was a great support meeting someone live that had gone through the procedure.

My current challenge is to count up the Protein. It is hard to get the 70-80 grams of protein in!

I am feeling so blessed, grateful and best of all? Hopeful about the future...sending you all aloha,

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, I sent you a PM, hope you got it. What I do to get enough Protein is to double up on my Protein Powder, I put in 2 scoops in 8 oz of milk, instead of 1, then that way I get approx 36 grams of protein. Good Luck on your journey, sounds like you are doing great!!!!

How you gals are well.. Im feeling pretty junk today. I feel very lethargic, and faint. I have a fever.. 103 and my breast are killing me.. Any of you ladies ever had mastitis?? I wonder if thats what it is...

Hey Miriam, I have not have mastitis,but are you still breastfeeding? It could be clogged duct. Try standing under a hot shower and massage the area. Also you may want to see your MD, sometimes its requires antibiotics. Good Luck

Yes, still breastfeeding but slowing down, you are right ducts are blocked. I applied some heat and expressed so im getting better. I did get around town today and back. Hey ladies, does the Dr only do surgery on Wednesdays?

Yes, I think he only does, these surgeries anyway on wednesdays. Then post ops, and preops on Fridays. I'll be leaving tomorrow for my preop. Maybe talk to you then???

Aloha ladies! I've been having low energy again so I haven't been online. Bev, I'm pretty sure I passed by you in the docs office yesterday. Jennifer was whisking me away to see Mary b/c I'm so starving they put me on soft foods. When I came back you were gone and I didn't get a chance to say hello. Castle girl, sorry I didn't return your call. I thought I had excess energy that day so I took my sons to the dentist and was so weak I could barely drive home. I ended up sleeping into the evening. Mary said my energy should be better b/c I'm eating now. It's soooooo good to eat again! I hope you're doing better than I am. Good luck on your upcoming surgery Bev, I'll be praying for you!

OH OK, I thought maybe it was you, was I standing near my hubby or maybe you passed him as he came in. I will be back there on Tuesday for appts with Mary, and Cindy, then surgery on Wednesday. Hope you feel better. Take Care.

I probably wont get to see you this trip either. My son's b-day is on Saturday and we will be going down there to Kailua. You will probably still be out here yes, when do you get released from hospital.. How are our post-op ladies... when you are able to post let me know what your intake and pain managment is like, what are you getting around to doing, etc...