Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets get this PARTY started! Oct 07!

wow - an October Team - great idea!! I am scheduled for Oct 29th, I seem to be the last on list, looking at everyone else's dates. But thats good, I will be here cheering you all on, and there will be more of you to cheer me when it's my turn (or less of you, if all goes well...lol) I'm in Queensland, Australia - but just a keyboard away....... Cheers Karen

Hi. I am scheduled for October 5th. I atarted this process in May, and I can't believe it's actually going to happen. I have been practicing not drinking with meals, and no straws and chewing well. But I also tend to want to have no no's, say like some prime rib, or pastries, for the last time, so thanks to those who have been suggesting eating healthy before surgery.

I look forward to getting to know you. Good luck everyone.

Lisa:whoo:

Twyla, (and everyone)

I feel the same way you do. I work in an Operating Room as a Central Service Tech, and aide. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I have 1 daughter that I easily concieved when I was much thinner, but put on a lot of weight (that never came off) when I was pregnant. I haven't taken BC pills for 12 years, and haven't had any more children. Now, at 34, with a 40yoDH, I feel too old to have more. I don't want to be looking at 60 when the kid finishes school, (although many people do and that's great. For us, since it's been so long, it would be a major lifestyle change.) Anyway... I applaud you for being proactive while you are still so young. I wish I knew about this years ago. I always wanted a big family, and have had many a dissappointing month when I realized that, no, I'm not pregnant, just late again. Of course just recently would my insurance pay anyway, and I could never afford to do this self-pay.

I also have lost large amounts of weight, with diet and exercise, only to gain it back. I am hoping that this band will help me find the person inside this fat suit. I can't imagine what I would look like 100 lbs lighter.

I keep having the vision of the guy on the movie "Click", when he wakes up in the hospital, having lost a large amount of weight, flopping his extra belly skin back and forth. I am scared of saggy flabby extra skin, but I suppose it won't look any worse that what I'm looking at now.

I am hoping to lose weight, and have the energy to go back to school to get my RN. But for now, I can barely drag myself home at night.

Thanks everyone, for all the encouragement. We can do this.

Hugs, :o

Lisa

Hey Justwaitin2b! You'll be banded before me :) I'm scheduled for Halloween, Oct. 31! EVERYBODY in October is ahead of me! LOL!

Hi all, it doesn't matter which thread we're on, I think we all read them both! Most people introduce themselves here, then go to the other thread for updates. I think I'll make a list of our group, our names and surgery dates. Then I'll post it here. Be sure everyone tells us their "real" name, if you like - seems more personal. Bonnie can you help with that? The list I mean? I may not get to it until next weekend, with work looming ahead tomorrow already (yuck).

Hi Diane, Thanks for that message, now I don't feel so bad...lol!! Wow - your a brave girl - halloween!! Are you going to put a spider tattoo or something gross, on your tummy, for when they do pre-op stuff????? cheers Karen

Hey that's pretty funny Karen! Hadn't given that any thought, Hmmmm, can't be anything scarry tho' ...don't want to spook the surgery team! Actually, due to previous obligations, I had to have the last week in Oct. and because the Dr. operates on Wed., well.......the last Wed. in Oct. is Halloween! I told the scheduler that I wouldn't imagine people would be clammoring for that date, LOL! Just another date :)

Diane,

You can wear your own cotton knickers into surgery, so you could have halloween messages written all over them...... giggling at the vision! lol

cya Karen:eyebrows:

my real name is Tara aka pvchickie...I weigh 265 and hope to lose 120 back to my weight four years ago...my surery is oct 2...i am not nervous about the surgery at all...though am quit nervous about the new life style change.

I have no friends but have a supportive family that lives close. food has been my friend and made me feel better in a sense....although i realize it has also been making me unhealthy, tired and has decreased my self esteem.

I am sad to have to give up so much of the foods i like to eat. I started crying when the nutritionist told me what i could/couldn't eat from now on.

I was very excited for this surgery...though now i am nervous for the aftermath. I wish everyone the best and GBYalways (God Bless You always) take care

tara

You can add my real name to the list. I'm not real creative, so it's Mandy. My date is set for Oct. 3 with Dr. Gonzalez.:clap2: I weigh around 242 now, and have set my goal at 145. We'll see if that's realistic or not. In high school I weighed 165 and was a size 10/12. I'd be nice to be about a size 8 though.:confused: