Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets get this PARTY started! Oct 07!

Mary... Welcome to our groupie... What day in October is your surgery scheduled? What an inspirational story about your friend... She lost more than she currently weighs right now.. That is great!! My gosh look at at how active she is now compared to how she was.... It is almost like a miracle transformation... Here was this fabulous butterfly needing to break out of her cocoon.

Our groupie is growing and thanks to Holly for starting the thread.. I'm getting excited to have great friends to share this journey with....

My vote is still with TENacious TENS... ;)

Thanks you nicnaknut (what's your real first name?) for the vote on TENaciousTENS and for thinking of capitalizing the TEN at the beginning; we're a good team. I had originally got online to pay my bills, but uh-oh there was an email notice that you'd left a post, so there went the bill paying! I was sitting with the dictionary for half an hour or more trying to invent a cool name. It will be so fun to get to know everyone.

Welcome: Jodi, KYgal, Brispenny31, Rabid24, BigFred, Bandwagon, Marywalker20, jowjow......... and all other fellow October Bandsters!

Hi All!

Yeah, I think we should go with TENacious Tens too. I would give another suggestion as well, just to not feel like I'm being a slacker, but I have no imagination anyway:)

Mary, that is a great story. It's the kind of thing that's good to hear right about now. I hope to be there myself before long, barely being able to remember what it's like to be fat. August and September will fly by, and we will all be there before we know it.

My husband was scheduled for surgery on September 7th. We were getting so excited about it, then got a letter in the mail from the surgeon saying he was moving it back 2 weeks. Goodness, I hope that doesn't happen for me. It's like finding out they changed Christmas.:cry

Anyway, it's good to see this board getting so active! It means Octobers getting closer!:clap2:

Take care.

Jodi

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to get my actual date this week along with my preop instructions. Finished my testing, insurance is approved, just waiting for the care coordinator to cement down a date for me. All she will commit to right now is the month. But what can you do?

Went out this weekend and bought one of those Magic Bullets so I could experiment with pulsing food and drinks. It works great for the instant Breakfast drinks, especially if you add a little ice. Actually tastes like a chocolate milk shake. The recipe link in this forum has some great ideas about gearing up for the liquid and mushy stage. Probably the best idea I found so far is to freeze up a bunch of canned and homemade Soups and freeze them in ice cube trays. Once they are frozen through you pop them out and put them in a zip lock bag. From what everyone says you will only need one or two ice cubes per meal. It cuts down on the waste since one can of Soup is about 4 or 5 meals and it allows for more variety. It amazes me that everyone actually gets full on so little food. I am really looking forward to this.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Mary

Hi all, this is just a test.. i was doing some adjustments to my signature and I think I messed it up.. so I am just testing..

Hello everyone,

I am on the six month plan that my insurance has required. My doctor will put in for my surgery in Oct. So far so good. I am very excited about all of this. I have increased my excersise but i still am not dropping any pre surgary weight. I am frustrated. I know this story all too well.

I can only hope things will improve. I joined a support group last night and I found out all kinds of stuff.

Because tenacity is what it will take for us to make it work for us.

My surgery date is the 8th of October. I can hardly wait; at the same time I'm having second thoughts, mostly brought on by a comment made by the surgeon of another poster that he didn't do bands on people over 55, they didn't have enough good miles left. First I got angry, then I thought, maybe it is silly to spend so much money (I'm a self-pay) for this at my age of 67.

Except for my fibromyalgia and arthritic hips, I'm a young 67. What do you all think?

I am planning surgery with Dr Kirshenbaum on Oct 4th and I can't wait. Trying to eat healthy now to get ready. I've been practicing chewing a million times and drinking without a straw. Old habits die hard.

Hi and :welcomeB: Bugalu, Sierra and Lafs...

Hey Lafs..... I'm going to Dr K also. My surgery date is October 16th.:clap2:

Sierra.... Age is just a number... You are not wasting the money and the surgeon that made that remark should be banned... That is a totally uncalled for comment... I just heard on this mornings news that the weight loss surgery is adding 5 years to your life span. Losing the weight helps with heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc... I just read a post from a lady that is 65 and having the surgery because she wants to go to Disney World and do things with her grandchildren.. So, good luck to you and I think it is great that you care enough about you and your loved ones to get in better health...

Hey Bugalu... Keep up the good work... It's only a matter of time before the pounds start dropping off....:bounce:

For all of us that will be banded in October, a new thread has been started under our groups name the "TENacious TENS". We came up with that name because we are being banded in the tenth month and we are pretty tenacious.... come on over to the other thread and keep up the great postings and support.... :thumb:

:clap2:Hi everyone, I am October 4th. Can't wait.

Am I the only one that was told to lose a certian amount of weight before their surgery? I have been on a liquid diet for a month now. 52 pds down I am supose to lose 80 but they already scheduled me.

I'm scheduled for October 4th too. It seems like a million years away at this point.

No, I wasn't asked to lose any weight before surgery. In fact, I was kind of afraid that if I did I wouldn't qualify for the surgery anymore. I'm kinda surprised that they would ask that of you, because if it was easy to lose weight, we wouldn't need the surgery in the first place.

Hi and congratulations to everyone. I have finally gotten my surgery date after 7 long months. I'm scheduled to have surgery on Oct. 2.

Dr Titus Duncan in Atlanta, GA will be doing mine..

Hello ....... I just found out this week after having to have my insurance deny it once, that I am approved and scheduled for surgery 10/10/07. I must say, I am scared and pleased all at the same time. My biggest problem right now is figuring out liquids to drink before and after surgery with Protein. Does anyone have some ideas on good drinks, blender receipes they could please share? It seems the drinks I have bought like Carnation Instant Breakfast doesn't taste good to me. Did anyone make their own drinks to include good protein that has a decent taste? :help: Good luck to all of you scheduled in October. Take care... God Bless...:huggie:

Hi Rabid24, Good luck on your surgrey! I'm excited about it. I started this process 2 monyhs ago with my girlfriend. She still does not have her date yet. I am going to lahey clinic in Ma. and I think it is their way of knowing whether or not you will be successful at this by making you lose weight first. Lahey Clinic also makes you quite smoking first if you do not they will not do the surgrey. I am down 52 pounds already due to liquid diet and I will still have another 200 to go. At least I will be used to the liquids by the time I have the surgrey.

Thanks for responding. I have been reading the post on here since I knew I was going to fo this.

Hi all! Just thought I would introduce myself as a "TENacious TEN!" Wooohoo! I've been a little active here on LBT since I started the process, but now that I have a group to belong to, it makes it even better! yay!

So my surgery is scheduled for October 3rd. I'm SOOOOO excited and yet I feel like it's not really happening. The program I'm going through keeps stressing that we CANNOT gain any weight prior to surgery, or they will cancel. I've lost 23 pounds, gained 2 back, and now am hoping to lose those 2 and at least maintain... hey they didn't say anything about maintaining! I've lost the required weight they asked me to, so I'm hoping that that should be good!

At any rate, it's great to meet everyone and to start this life-changing journey together!

Lots of love to all, Kim