Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this is probably a dumb question

During the 6 month supervised diet I saw my doctor twice then for the third visit I saw a ARNP and I didn't think anything of it as well as the fourth visit and now I'm worried that my insurance won't approve me because of it. Has anyone seen a ARNP for their supervised diet? I know I should call my insurance and ask but i'd have to wait until Monday to do that. I have so much on my mind and other things going on that I didn't catch that until now ???? I've already did the sleep study, barium swallow, had my cardiac clearance, turned in my 2 yr bmi history, on Monday I'm going to a 4 HR appointment that I paid for out of pocket to get phsyc clearance, nutrition class, etc. what is left are 3 more supervised diet visits and a written medical clearance from my doctor.

I am not sure about your particular situation. Several years ago, I was very ill with what my doctor was treating as bronchitis. On one visit when I went to see him, he was not there so his ARNP did my follow-up exam. She did not agree so much with the doctor and was more thorough with her questions and examination.

She knew that my living situation was not good, as I was living in my sister's basement. The NP said that she thought I might have a mold allergy invading my lungs and put me in the hospital.....and not one locally.

She sent me to a private hospital about 60 miles away where they are quite familiar with this problem. Being as they weren't sure about exactly what is was, I got put at the end of a vacant hall in isolation. It was VERY serious and impending towards fatal.

She saved my life. I said all that to say this: She had the authority to examine patients, write prescriptions and to admit and discharge patients from the hospital.

I would guess that your ARNP should pose no problem, but you can't afford to guess. At first opportunity, I would call the insurance and ask for a nurse case manager who can follow your treatment and give you correct information.

P.S. I had to move out of my sister's house.

I've mostly seen a PA similar to a NP, have one appointment left and this is how this medical group does it. I'm sure you're fine.

as long as you see any member of the staff and your weight is documented and discussion noted, you're fine.

I saw both as well. Mine was 1st visit ARNP then my dr then ARNP. I have BCBS and I was covered. You should call your insurance to be sure though.

I am not sure about your particular situation. Several years ago, I was very ill with what my doctor was treating as bronchitis. On one visit when I went to see him, he was not there so his ARNP did my follow-up exam. She did not agree so much with the doctor and was more thorough with her questions and examination.

She knew that my living situation was not good, as I was living in my sister's basement. The NP said that she thought I might have a mold allergy invading my lungs and put me in the hospital.....and not one locally.

She sent me to a private hospital about 60 miles away where they are quite familiar with this problem. Being as they weren't sure about exactly what is was, I got put at the end of a vacant hall in isolation. It was VERY serious and impending towards fatal.

She saved my life. I said all that to say this: She had the authority to examine patients, write prescriptions and to admit and discharge patients from the hospital.

I would guess that your ARNP should pose no problem, but you can't afford to guess. At first opportunity, I would call the insurance and ask for a nurse case manager who can follow your treatment and give you correct information.

P.S. I had to move out of my sister's house.

Wow. You sure went through a lot and she sure did save your life, I am sure you are forever grateful. I am very happy you are doing well now and were able to move out of your sisters basement. I don't under estimate ARNP at all and I agree as you said that they have the authority to examine patients and write prescriptions and so fourth. My concern was that my insurance company is requiring a 6 month physician supervised diet and because the word physician was documented on the requirements had me nervous that it wasn't a physician but an ARNP. I hope I made sense this time lol I was in a hurry and wrote real quick my situation.

I've mostly seen a PA similar to a NP, have one appointment left and this is how this medical group does it. I'm sure you're fine.

I hope so thank you :)

as long as you see any member of the staff and your weight is documented and discussion noted, you're fine.

Thank you!

I saw both as well. Mine was 1st visit ARNP then my dr then ARNP. I have BCBS and I was covered. You should call your insurance to be sure though.

I hope I am covered too. I will definitely call my insurance on Monday. I am very scared that they will use that information as a NO :(

My surgeon's office also has an ARNP who handles follow up visits. My insurance hasn't had a problem with it. Often my children see one when they go to the pediatrician and the insurance covers everything fine. Always good practice to double check with your insurance though.