Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

See you on the other side

It has been a long day, and as bedtime approaches I want to share a bit with you. I navigated this day with many stops here, LBT, for here I found solace in my pre surgery jitters. This will be my last post as an unbanded man. There are things I want to share, while I am still a LapBand virgin.

It took years for the larva to weave the cocoon. It took ages to construct this soft and cushy fortress I find myself in. Bite after solitary bite, in the dark Patches of the night, standing in the glow of the refrigerator: my worst enemy, my best friend.

And now the time has come round at last. To protect the transformed the cocoon must fall away as gradually. But it's time. Tomorrow the cocoon will begin its deconstruction. It will take time, maybe even measured in months or years.

But, one fine day, however near or distant, the butterfly will pull it's way out of the cocoon. He will stand and spread his wings in the sunlight. Then, on a puff of warm breeze he will launch, and flutter, and fly. He will spiral upward, and with sun dappled laughter on the lips of a free man he will.........................SOAR!

I expect the world will look different then, seen with new found eyes. Emotions once stuffed and hidden and buried under graves of Pasta will emerge and be felt, and validated and dealt with.

Other new things will be felt, and lived. The caterpillar had no need of vanity, he was comfortable and warm and fuzzy. Now the clothes will start to droop, then sag. The new man must pay attention to his wardrobe. For years he only had to worry about how many "x"s were on the tag.

Through it all he'll depend on the help of loving and caring friends. People who many times constitute the best part of his day. He'll turn on his computer, when he's not walking, and look out his window on the world and see the smiling faces of the people at LapBandTalk.com.

Good night. I'll sleep now, albeit fitfully, and maybe in the middle of the night I'll rise and come here, to warm myself in the LBT glow. Tomorrow will come, and take care of itself. And all of you, take care of yourselves.

And if it should come to pass that any of you are ever fretful or worried, or sad in any way, I want you to know that you are loved.........

Everything will be fine, Ryan, don't worry. It's a new world without the cocoon and I can't wait for you to experience it! Take care.

Nancy

By the time you read this, you will be a banded man! Good Luck with the surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please let us know how you are doing when you are able. Welcome to bandland!

Ryan... I hope you were able to sleep despite the pre-surgery jitters... wishing you a safe journey to Bandland and we'll all be waiting to here for your return home!

Darcy

OH wow I am sooo proud of you for doing what your doing! It's not an easy thing that's for sure! You are going to do wonderfully, so please come and let us know how u are whenever you feel up to it!! Many happy prayers coming your way darling, keep us posted!

My thoughts are with you..I know you'll do great, you were on the team way BEFORE the banding..Time for first string action buddy..In the words of somebody, somewhere "YOU CAN DO IT"

Hiya Ryan,

I live in Australia and I have just read your post, you sure sound ready to go for it! You will have your band now - good luck !! thinking of you in Australia.

Janie44