Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! For the last 45 minute I have been VERY uncomfortable. I have been trying to find info about some possible relief for my discomfort with little luck. I feel like I have a lump in my chest. Right in the center. I was eating corn on the cob and started to feel full so I stopped. A few minutes later I slimmed a little and pb'd a couple of times. Even though the sliming has stopped, I still feel that lump of pressure and can't get right of it. I keep having little tiny burps and I can't even keep Water down. Am I stuck? Does anyone have any suggestions that might help move this along? Should I call the Dr? I have tried walking, yoga poses, burping, arms up, squatting. Not sure what else to try. Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Cathy

I haven't been banded yet, but this is on the checklist I was given by my doctor:

"To use papaya enzyme to relieve blocked food, try either of these remedies:

chewable papya enzyme tablets,available at health food stores

directions: Use 1-2 tablets. Chew well

unflavored Adolph's meat Tenderizer powder also contains papya enzyme. Find it in the herb and spice section of most supermarkets.

directions: Mix 1/2 teaspoon AMT, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 4 oz tap Water.

Sip slowly over one hour."

I hope this helps---if not this time (if you're ok now) then in the future!

Carol

Thank you. I probably have that info somewhere but 6 months out I don't have any idea where it would be and this is my first, and hopefully my last, bad episode. I have just sent my husband to the grocery store to try to find one of these items. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thank you. I probably have that info somewhere but 6 months out I don't have any idea where it would be and this is my first, and hopefully my last, bad episode. I have just sent my husband to the grocery store to try to find one of these items. I will let you know how it turns out.

Are you better?

Gina

Better? Yes. Is it competely gone? Not yet. My husband wasn't able to find either item in the only store that was still open when I sent him out last night. I am actually going right now and if it doesn't work I will call my Dr. this morning. Friday is usually his surgery day, so I really hope that he can see me. I will update later. Thanks for your support. :eek:

I am only 4 days post LapBand and I had something like that yesterday - mine was from having a Velvety Potato Soup at Hand - that I didn't think was too chunky!!! WRONG - - my nurse told me to stay on Clear Liquids for the day and sip on something warm like broth or other soup - NO CHUNKS!!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update yesterday. I saw my Dr. and had a complete unfill. He wants me to take it easy for a few days food wise to let the swelling go down and then I go back next week to have it re-filled. Thanks to everyone for your support. I really appreciated it!

cathy,,,bless your heart! Glad to hear you got relief.

I had my first episode with pb'ing Thursday, after my 3rd fill. I'd not had a problem with any food prior to getting that last bit that put me at 2cc's in a 4cc band. To quote Rosanne Rosanadana (us middle-aged folks will remember her,,lol) "I thought I was gonna DIE!!!" Mercifully,,it only lasted a minute or so,,but I'm still having trouble eating anything solid or semisolid. My doctor has never said to do only fluids for a afew days after a fill,,but freom reading what others have shared,,I think its a good idea, for me.

banded 1/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson, MS

well,,,today is Sunday and tonight i was able to eat solids for the first time without the pain from my fill Thursday. I guess it just needed time. Heck,,I dunno,,whatever it was,,passed.

I had the same thing on Friday after 2nd fill. Called the doctor and he told me liquids for a couple of days and then to call back if I didn't have relief. It is very scary to go from eating food and even soft foods making you feel pain. I am giving it some time. Wish me luck.

I'm experiencing my first 'stuck' piece of food now. It's not painful unless I try to drink Water. I've been stuck for about 4 hours now. My doctor told me to keep checking every couple of hours with a sip of water to see if it will go down. If not cleared up by morning, I have to go see him to have my fill removed. I heard somewhere that milk of magnesia will sometimes help food to get unstuck??

Wish me luck that it's unstuck by morning!

I'm experiencing my first 'stuck' piece of food now. It's not painful unless I try to drink Water. I've been stuck for about 4 hours now. My doctor told me to keep checking every couple of hours with a sip of Water to see if it will go down. If not cleared up by morning, I have to go see him to have my fill removed. I heard somewhere that milk of magnesia will sometimes help food to get unstuck??

Wish me luck that it's unstuck by morning!

Q1: WHAT food are you stuck on?

I heard sipping pineapple juice can help digest and unstick you. I keep the small cans on had just in case.

Hope this helps.

It was a piece of bbq'd pork (chinese food). I knew the minute I swallowed it I hadn't chewed enough! I'm happy to report that it has passed through the stoma and I'm doing fine. Per my doctor, I will stay on a liquid diet for 24 hours then a mush diet for 24 hours to help the swelling go down in my stomach.

Thanks for the reply! I WILL get some pineapple juice...that makes perfect sense.

Cindy