Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Is diarrhea only "dumping"?

Really uncomfortable topic, but here it goes: I wish my plumbing were more predictable. I am three weeks out from surgery and was lucky to have a daily BM, there was one or two days without one but smooth-move-tea helped greatly. Today I had an egg and a piece of lean ham for Breakfast and grilled chicken for lunch and a Greek yoghurt too. I moistened the chicken when mincing it with mayo.< /p>

Can that be the trigger for the runs or could it be the artificial sugar sweeteners in the Dannon Light and Fit yoghurt??

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

I haven't experienced it yet, but j was told by my NUT and a friend who's 3 years post op to stay away from fats for now. Was the mayo the only new thing?

Yes it was! Must be the fat then! I do t like buying different kinds of mayo, different kinds of milk etc. But maybe I have to just do it. My NUT says that I have to moisten my food with something, I.e mayo. I have moistened my food with hummus and that went well.

I am drinking a lot of Decaf tea with Truvia. Could that trigger it?

I know that tea in general is a diuretic. Not sure if that could be part of the issue or not? I haven't experienced with anything that I would need to moisten yet. Too much of a scaredy cat lol.

mayo created un ugly gassy issue for me early in post op. I stayed away from it for a few months. I can now eat mayo without issue, probably because I eat so little of it

Fats though, will give me stomach cramps and loose stools.... No fried foods, bacon, bologna etc for me. Anything with a high fat content make me ill

Thank you for you advice ladies. I still have it, even woke up in the middle of the night with having to go. I have been reading to do a liquid day to let your intestines calm down.

So broth and smart Water for me today.

I have also been thinking: I had a dental appt this Wednesday and had to take one dose of antibiotics prior to that, maybe it's a late effect from that too.

Plain nonfat Greek yogurt is a good substitute for mayo, sour cream etc you can season it up. Mayo doesn't make me feel great and the yogurt is high in protein!

Wow, you are on solids 3 weeks out? I had to wait till week 9 before I could even look at solids. I never had issues with it but I would imagine the mayo could be the culprit

Oh never mind, saw your post!! Sorry to hear that

Edited by bellabloom

I think I had dumping syndrome when I ate too much sugar. Thought it would help me stay awake during an overnight drive. 30 minutes after eating Bucky Nuggets (think carmel poofs) I was experiencing sharp gas pains and then vomiting then the colon gave way. After the decks were cleared, all went mostly back to normal. The whole thing came and went in an hour.

On day 3 I ate sugar free Jello and I was running to the bathroom. I proceeded to have to run about 6 times until I spoke to my dr. He said that he felt it was my IBS acting up from the liquid and as I add more foods it should improve. I took immodium and it stopped but I still have it at least once a day. I do know that when I ate anything mayo prior to WLS but after my gallbladder removal I was immediately in the bathroom.