Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year and 3 months post surgery and I can't control my hunger !

Another thing I do is when making tuna, egg, seafood or chicken salads, I sub out half of the mayo for FF Greek yougurt. Makes it really creamy & decadent.

More recipes, just cry UNCLE at any point, lol!!

Fried Cauliflower 'rice':

stir fry with cooking spray

1/2 head of cauliflower or 1 bag of frozen, thawed. Chop in food processor

1/2 onion

minced garlic to taste

1 cup peas

shredded carrot

red bell pepper

1 tsp ginger

soy sauce to taste

optional: scrambled egg substitute, tofu, chicken breast, shrimp, etc...

Refrigerator Protein overnight oatmeal:

equal parts oats and Water or milk of choice (I prefer plain unsweetened almond)

1 scoop of a Protein Powder with 100 cals per scoop

Additions:

baby food fruit stage 1 only (banana, nutmeg and walnuts is delicious!!)

unsweetened applesauce

canned cherries in Water and chocolate Protein powder

chocolate protein powder and PB2

cheese Sauce:

3 servings

1 cup shredded cheddar (ff or low fat)

1/2 c ff 1/2 & 1/2

3 T flour

cook and stir flour & 1/2 & 1/2 till thick (will be VERY thick

stir in cheese

mix with cooked spaghetti squash or non starchy veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, california mix, etc...

can even add some cooked turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs or diced lean ham

'potato' salad (I've fooled many with this at BBQ's ;) ;) )

1 bag frozen cauliflower-cooked and chopped

1/4 c celery

1/4 c red onion

1T chives

3/4 T unsweetened rice vinegar

1/2 T dill

1/2 T parsley

3 hard boiled eggs

1 T ranch powder

2 1/2 T FF plain Greek yogurt

1/4 light mayo

1/2 T FF 1/2 & 1/2

3/4 tsp Dijionaise

in a blender or bullet: blend mayo, yogurt, dijionaise, ranch, 1/2 & 1/2, vinegar

and 1/2 c. cauliflower

in another bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, celery, onion, chives, dill & parsley

combine both & chill

Black Bean brownies:

15 oz can black Beans, drain & rinse

2T unsweetened cocoa

1/2 c oats (grind to powder in bullet or blender)

1/4 t salt

1/3 c Splenda

1/4 c coconut oil or vegetable oil

2t vanilla

1/2t baking powder

combine all & puree

bake at 350 in sprayed 8 x 8 pan

15-18 minutes, cool 10 minutes

Chickpea Blondies (some sugar and chocolate chips, pay attention to whether that causes cravings and hunger for you)

1 1/2 c chicpeas, drained & rinsed

3/4t baking powder

1/8t baking soda

1/4 t salt

1/4 c brown sugar

1/2 c Splenda

2 t vanilla

1/4 ground oats or flax

1/4 c Peanut Butter

1/2 c mini chocolate chips

blend all except chips

stir in chips

bake at 350 in a sprayed 8 x 8 pan for 30 minutes

Flour-less chocolate cake: (some chocolate chips, pay attention to whether that causes cravings and hunger for you)

15 oz can black Beans

1/2 c unsweetened cocoa

1/2 c egg substitute

1 1/2 oz mini chocolate chips

1/3 c unsweetened applesauce

1/3 cup pure pumpkin

1/2 c Splenda

1 1/2 t baking powder

1 t vanilla

1/4 t salt

puree all till smooth, stir in chips

bake at 350 in a 9" round pan at 350 for 35-40 minutes

cool 1 hour

Protein Muffins:

1/3 c oats, ground

1/4 c water

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

1 banana or 1 jar stage one baby bananas or 4 oz container of unsweetened applesauce

vanilla & cinnamon to taste

milk or water as needed

blend all

bake in sprayed mini muffin pan at 350 for 6 minutes

makes 16 mini muffins

Zucchini Chips:

slice zucchini very thin with mandolin or peeler

spray cookie sheet and lay zucchini in single layer

lightly spray top & season w/ salt & pepper, and any other seasonings you desire

bake at 215-225 for 45 minutes to 2 hours till desired doneness

peanut butter cookie dough dip (some chocolate chips, pay attention to whether that causes cravings and hunger for you)

1 1/4 c chic peas or white beans drained & rinsed

2 t vanilla

1/4 c Peanut Butter

3 T Splenda

1/8 baking soda

2 T mini chocolate chips

1/8 t salt

combine all in food processor except chips till smooth

stir in chips

Cauli-tots:

These fool people, also. Tastes like tater tots from childhood!

3 c shredded cauliflower, squeeze out all moisture

1 t salt

pepper to taste

1/2 t dry mustard

1/4 c yellow cornmeal (Quaker is the best)

1 egg

4 oz shredded cheddar

1/2 c onion, minced

combine all

spray mini muffin pan

spoon in mixture, press it in well

bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes

Here's one more Brownie recipe:

4 servings:

42.5 gm chocolate Protein powder

46 gm unsweetened cocoa

120 gm egg substitute

18 gm Splenda

1/2 T baking powder

30 gm light margarine

60 gm sugar free Chocolate Syrup

114 gm cream cheese (neufchatel of fat free)

Mix till smooth

bake at 350 till a toothpick inserted comes out clean

(These fooled my carb addicted sis!! I left them on the counter, she tried some and LOVED them!!)

***If you just want to make one serving:

1/4 scoop chocolate Protein powder

11.5 gm cocoa

30 gm egg substitute

4.5 gm Splenda

1/3-1/2 t baking powder

7.5 gm light butter

15 gm Sugar Free Chocolate syrup

28.5 gm ff cream cheese or neufchatel

TheRealMeISHere - THANKS!! These recipes look fantastic. I will try many over the weekend!

TheRealMeISHere - THANKS!! These recipes look fantastic. I will try many over the weekend!

AWESOME!!! I hope you enjoy as much as I do

These are awesome recipes. How do we save these? Is there a recipe section these can be posted to? Or are they already there?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share. I have taken screenshots!

These are awesome recipes. How do we save these? Is there a recipe section these can be posted to? Or are they already there?

Yes, there is a recipe section under food and Nutrition.

Thank you!

Thank you! I have posted some in another forum a while ago.

Don't know how you could save them, but you could copy & paste in MS Word or MS Works, then print

carfeli2004,

You’ve gotten some great tips here! Choosing better foods might help. You can eat more of the low-calorie foods like vegetables, so they fill you up. Plus high-Fiber, high-Protein foods reduce hunger for way longer than sugary and carby foods. Plus cravings go down when you stop with the sugar, fatty, carby, and salty foods. So, go for healthy choices!

Also, meal and snack timing might be important, too. If you’re “grazing,” you might be getting in more than you realize, but still feel hungry at meals. If you’re only eating meals and feeling starving before the next meal, maybe you need to plan some healthy (low-calorie) Snacks.

Good luck!

Hello I'm 1 year and 3 months post surgery and I can't control my hunger !!!!!! I lost 90 pounds so far, I can eat pretty much anything I want with no problems whatsoever but now I'm eating more I'm always hungry please help¡,,,,,,

Can I eat fruit as much as I want? I rather eat that than bread, pizza, etc etc

Do you have a nutritionist? I agree with @@Babbs - the processed carbs create a vicious cycle of addiction and cravings. Fruit is good, but needs to be in moderation as well. Even now I limit myself to half an apple or orange a day. The only exception I make is watermelon in the summer. Otherwise I have no more than 1 serving of fruit a day. Unless you're an athlete or working out super hard, your work burn all that fruit off.

There's also the mental work. Once you hit that one year mark, it's easy to let old habits slip back in. If you are one of those who don't get sick from food, there's no restriction to stop you from nibbling or overeating. I still do not allow any food I would binge on in the house. I tossed holiday foods as soon as possible. I still keep a food diary and every few months I reevaluate my activity/exercise level and eating habits. It keeps me honest.

Thanks again for this post and all the replies with great advise and recipes. Also the way to copy them.

Another tip

Protein always first. Eat foods high in Fiber. vegetables, Beans legumes.(avoid the high fiber carbs bread etc) fruit in small amounts.

Here is my local bariatric dietitians web site. She has some great recipes

http://insidekarenskitchen.com/bariatric-friendly-recipes/

Bariatric plate to keep things in perspective

4648.jpg

Thanks for the link.

@@carfeli2004 Things that help me are adapting my recipes.

Cauliflower makes a great 'rice', mashed 'potatoes', cheddar 'tater'-tots, 'mac' & cheese, etc......

Spaghetti squash (my fave is with my homemade fat free cheese sauce and maybe a turkey hot dog)

FF/SF Cannoli cream made with FF ricotta

Lasagna made with roasted slices of zucchini and eggplant

Flourless Protein pancakes with unsweetened applesauce on top

Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt

I even have some recipes for super decadent Protein muffins, brownies and cakes. Using either Protein powder and/or Beans

Quest bars and chips (did you know that if you cut up and bake a chocolate chip cookie dough one, it tastes like little chocolate chip cookies!!??, watch carefully when baking, they only take a few minutes)

If you want recipes, feel free to ask, I love to share!

I would absolutely LOVE ANY of these recipes you'd be willing to share!!! :)