Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding it hard to believe...

So , I begin my pre op diet on Sunday in preparation for a January surgery.

This morning as I was getting dressed for work I saw the tag in a pair of my favorite "at home " lounge pants from Old Navy. White size XL. They are currently tight and seeing them I was thinking am I *really* going to lose all this weight?? Can I Truly be smaller? Will those pants really be big on me??

I know I Have the will power and the tools to do this but there is still a *small* part of me that's skeptical that even if I do everything right the surgery will still not work for me.

I'm 5'3 and have never thought of myself as small.....but I'm hoping to soon! Not sure why I am becoming skeptical....

Just too many years of trying on my own and failing I guess ....????

I think most of us go through the feelings of self doubt and disbelief.

Give it your all, and trust that you'll see wonderful results. Believe that you're making the right decision for yourself and your health. Those little doubts and worries won't mean much once you've made it to the other side. :)

All I can say is.. BELIEVE!!!!! I know I doubted how far I could go when I had my surgery five months ago and I am constantly amazed by what I have been able to achieve so far. I've stuck to the program and lost a bit over 100 lbs in five months. More importantly, I feel better than I have in years. No more pain and no more meds! I feel like a brand new person. You get as much out of this whole process as you put in, so just stick with what your doc and nutritionist tell you, get in your Water and Protein and the positive results will come.

I know exactly how you feel. I was Christmas shopping and saw a pair of dress pants I really liked for a cheap price. I bought them. However, I ended up taking them back because I thought to myself I haven't been in a size 14 since I was in jr. high school and i will only believe it when it happens, if it happens. I doubt everyday I can do this. I know it's totally the wrong attitude and I need to stop it with the negative thoughts but when you've been overweight for so long its so hard to believe your life will be any different....

I have to stop myself from buying clothes because they are too big. Bi have always thought of myself as a big person and when I go shopping it is amazing that I have to put up the size I thought I was and go for a smaller size. My surgery was on June 15th and my highest weight was 265 wearing a size 22-24. Now My weight is 185, and wearing a size 14. I am always looking for clothes on swap shops because I don't want to pay full price when I know I will only be in that size for awhile. I just had gallbladder remove yesterday and am hoping that I can excise more since after about 25-30 mins I had to stop because of the pain. I am hoping to get to a size 12 and medium by the end of January. I hold my clothes up when folding them and think that they are my teenaged daughters. I still don't believe that it is happening, but it is!!! Hang in there and treat your self to smaller clothes and hang them up where you can see them, makes for a motivation!!!

Those pants can and will be too big for you! I have several pair of lounge sweats that I'd stopped wearing because they were too tight. I was wearing them 2 weeks ago rolled several times at the waist and cinched way up with the drawstring for "paint clothes", LOL. I really need to pitch them, but I don't have any other "old" clothes to ruin with paint! Saw a Facebook "memory" from 6 years ago and... wow. Just wow. I thought I'd gone through and killed all the fat pics, but apparently I missed one! :-) I can look a them now and appreciate the difference. Oh, and purchased a WHITE puffy coat yesterday. Fully expected to look like "The Stay Puff marshmallow", but it was actually very flattering so I went for it! You have a ton of similar experiences ahead of you if you use the tool you're about to receive well. Best of luck!

So , I begin my pre op diet on Sunday in preparation for a January surgery.

This morning as I was getting dressed for work I saw the tag in a pair of my favorite "at home " lounge pants from Old Navy. White size XL. They are currently tight and seeing them I was thinking am I *really* going to lose all this weight?? Can I Truly be smaller? Will those pants really be big on me??

I know I Have the will power and the tools to do this but there is still a *small* part of me that's skeptical that even if I do everything right the surgery will still not work for me.

I'm 5'3 and have never thought of myself as small.....but I'm hoping to soon! Not sure why I am becoming skeptical....

Just too many years of trying on my own and failing I guess ....

My stats are very similar - and I'm just an inch shorter. I put on a pair of Gap sweats last night and they were baggy. Never in my life did I imagine! Now make sure you post a picture of yourself in those baggy lounge pants.

I started at 266. This morning I weighed 214.0 Surgery was 11/9. I've spent the last 3 nights cleaning out my walk-in and filling bags for donation. FILLING bag. I found 42 pair of pants with tags still on them. 35 of them are being donated because they are now too big. I have over 500 pair of pants/tops that are in 6 huge lawn bags ready to be picked up next week. Even in my current size, I put a pair of jeans on this morning and immediate took them off and put them in the donation bag. I'm only getting smaller, so no need to keep anything that looks too big.

Your mind will play crazy tricks on you. But you'll get the last laugh! Good luck.

Normally, having your pants fall down would be horrifying, but it is a pleasant right of passage. Just hope it isn't when you are out of the house. Remember what Grandma said, "Always wear fresh underwear because what would the ambulance driver think if yours was raggedy or missing!"

Normally, having your pants fall down would be horrifying, but it is a pleasant right of passage. Just hope it isn't when you are out of the house. Remember what Grandma said, "Always wear fresh underwear because what would the ambulance driver think if yours was raggedy or missing!"

But make sure you have the right sized underwear!

I went from a size 3X down to a size Small in shirts and from a size 46 in pants down to a size 33. All in 7 months. So all I can say is BELIEVE.

Thank you all.....I will be positive!!!

It is a truly different mindset when you get a few months out from surgery.

You can FINALLY believe you will stay a smaller size. Not the constant up and down of years past. The confidence that you have conquered some issue that has ruled you FOR YEARS is now in the rear view mirror.

And you just keep driving !!