Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about getting sleeved

Im 18 and ive been over weight practically my whole life and have tried and failed at dieting along the way and I have been researching gastric sleeve surgery for a little why and i think its my best option to lose weight and keep it off.

Do you have regrets getting it so young?

Regrets in general?

Im scared but i think it will help once i talk to a doctor.

HW:317 CW:301 GW:150-140

I'm just a little older than you (like twice your age????), but I feel if your really considering this learn as much as you can about it. Primarily for your own peace of mind.

I'm only a month and a half into this journey and the changes in my life have gone beyond just the weight loss. In my opinion it truly gives you a second chance of getting this health thing right. Mind body and soul.

This site is really a great resource. The topics, the people, and the support you get here will help you immensely.

If you're looking for a doctor check with some of the people here that stay in your neck of the woods. And once you find one ask as many questions as you need to. This is a big decision but a decision I do not think you'll regret. Good luck and I hope everything goes well no matter what decision you make.

Thanks so much, it's definitely something i really want to do and the hardest thing is i feel like i need approval from everyone and i cant do that to myself

Hello haheen, I'm Maria and I'm 17 years old.., I can understand how you're feeling.. I too tried many diets that would only disappoint me and even made me believe that maybe it was me.., but now.. I will soon be achieving 4 months since I had my gastric sleeve, and I can tell you that my life completely changed, for good. Not only did I start feeling better physically, but emotionally too. I don't think I've ever been this comfortable in my body, and having the sleeve was one of the best decisions I've done in my life. You'll find so much joy and sense of accomplishment! I can promise you that it's silly how much happiness one feels when fitting into smaller clothing and looking in the mirror and finally starting to like yourself.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me!

Thank you Maria :) that makes me feel alot more confident in wanting to get my sleeve! I would love yo message you and pick your brain about your surgery and and everything if you dont mind :)

I'm 18 (almost 19) myself and I'm getting sleeved in April. Doing a lot of research and seeing how other people did on their journey is what convinced me this is what I've needed. I've been overweight since I hit puberty and I have PCOS which I didn't know was fighting against me trying to lose weight my whole life. I'm nervous but I'm more excited to fix the problem and be healthy and happy with myself for the rest of my life, instead of battling to diet for the rest of my life. Talking to people who have had it and talking to my doctor convinced me too. I have a very supportive family and it's a lot easier to make up your mind with supportive people behind you. :)

I got sleeved at 18 as well, about a month ago. Maybe it was to early, but i am willing to live my whole life as i want, rather than reliving my school days! GO FOR IT with 0 REGRETS!

Sent from my LG-D605 using BariatricPal mobile app