Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting to be impossible to lose!

Unfortunately, I don't experience dumping and sweets taste just as good post surgery as they did pre-surgery. I think the best thing I have learned thus far is that I CAN lose weight if I try and trying is a lot easier with the tool versus without. So I will enjoy the holidays in moderation and get back on track when life gets back to my routine. My motto this holiday season is to maintain current weight, workout and take a mini-vacation from constant tracking. Come 12/26 it is back to the program.

Ya you are doing great . I would like to eat the good stuff but i don't miss it at this point . At thanksgiving i did have a taste of everything but mostly turkey . I was too full to eat everything. But i enjoyed what i ate and was very satisfied. I am so looking forward to losing this last 50lbs. Excitement. And the clothes i have to give away leaves me with very little that fits me anymore i had cloths i hadn't put on for ten years . They were boxed up. And they fit actually too big lol it was great

Lisa24 - We had our surgery around the same time (mine was 3/24). I find it interesting that intense workouts could be causing your stall. I just started Orange Theory and have to force myself to eat some carbs before my workouts (my blood sugar will drop if I don't) and then find it hard to eat for awhile after I work out. I was bummed that the scale was't after very intense HIIT workouts but it might be what you mentioned as my body going into starvation mode. Who knew eating less and working out would be such a balance.

I have actually cut back working out so much and put a bit more carbs and fats back into my diet. Since doing that the scale moved a small bit ( 1 pound). I am hoping once I start back into my routine, that the scale moves a bit more. I am at 155 now and hoping to lost at least a pound a week and lost some more before my year anniversary. Best of luck to you!

I have just stayed on my bariatric plan as of yet to change it . I do cheat once in awhile I eat a piece of the goodies made for Christmas. But I am very careful with that because I get dumping syndrome fast. If I crave anything I just eat cottage cheese and it goes away or some fruits. And I haven't been able to work out like I need because of the total knee replacement's. But I am getting more active everyday. Loving life and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Hey Guys... How is everyone doing?? I'm struggling a bit.. Have been doing a lot of grazing I feel like I have gone so far backwards... I have been eating all of the wrong food not tracking not really exercising... Trying really hard to get back on track.. HELP????

If you can't resist the things you are not supposed to have just eat your Proteins first and take just a small taste of that yummy stuff you love . See if you are full of the stuff you are supposed to have it makes it easier to just have that taste. And that taste is very satisfying. Just don't make a habit of it . You have to remember this is only a tool it is what we do with it . So there is nothing easy about this at all. You all are doing great with just 1 lb lost is a lb lost . But if you find yourself at a stall . You can always go back to your liquid diet for 2 weeks and kick your burner in again . Main thing is the hardest thing we have to do is change our ways . I am guilty of this also my cheat was hot tamales candies because they taste good and they go down easy but they cause serious dumping syndrome. So it was a harsh learning lesson. I can be without that lol. Good luck to all . Since I went back to my liquid diet I started with on this venture a 5 days ago I have lost 4lbs and most of all my Protein and liquid are back in my routine . I have 46 lbs to lose by may 11th . This is my goal if I come close I will be satisfied with whatever weight i have lost . Remember it is your mind set that gets you where you need to be. Stay positive no matter what you guys are winners in my book. God bless you all

Thank you for the motivation... You are so right.. I am going to do this no matter what.. I spoke to my Nut today and she helped me as well... I have lost 50 pounds including pre op... I am just a tad bit behind. My goal is 30 pounds more by April... I will stop grazing and snacking on the wrong things I am taking responsibility for me and what goes in my mouth...

Yes it is up to us to use what has been given to us . It is how we use it too. You can do this .

Hey Guys... How is everyone doing?? I'm struggling a bit.. Have been doing a lot of grazing I feel like I have gone so far backwards... I have been eating all of the wrong food not tracking not really exercising... Trying really hard to get back on track.. HELP????

I know its easy to get off track, especially if you stop tracking food and doing other basics.

Why have you been eating all the wrong food? Are you buying the wrong food? Are you planning your meals and Snacks?

Have you talked to your NUT lately?

Try focusing on what you CAN have instead of what you can't.

Going back to basics helps:

Track your food starting with the last bite you took (and everything you can remember for the last day or two). Don't wait until the next meal or snack.< /p>

Eat Protein first.

Practice mindful eating. Sit down. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly.

Get in all of your Protein and fluids for the day.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise.

Use the resources you have available to you: your NUT, bariatric support group, therapist, and/or a 12-step support group like OA.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Eating Protein and eating Protein first works (for me) like magic. When I eat half a cup of dense protein first at a meal (usually meat) I really feel full, and the food is burned so slowly that I feel satiated for hours afterward.

The other "magic" that works for me is just not buying crap and having it around. In the workplace, it's a little more challenging to control your food environment, but there are ways to do it. Get creative if that's one of your challenges.

Also, a short walk and a glass of Water (which my body seems to appreciate more after exercise) is helpful to keep the grazing monster at bay.

You can do this. You know you can. Just do it. :) Your reward will be the joy you'll feel in making progress toward your own personal goal. :)

I'm 47 (45 and post menopause at surgery). Lost 135lbs in a year and have kept it off for over a year so far.

Yes I have lost 180lbs so far and I am not at my surgeversary yet . Be strict and follow the Protein plan it works . No junk I can walk away almost every time . My family can eat anything they want I just eat what i know i can