Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone done this without any family, etc. at the hospital?

Yay! Glad all went well. Having pain on your right side is supposed to be because that is where they extract the remnants is your old stomach. It's normal. I slept in the recliner for a couple of nights just so I wouldn't try to roll around in my sleep. After that the bed worked fine. My neck and shoulders hurt for a few days and I felt like I had done 100 sit-ups but after 4-5 days that was gone. I'm sorry you are weak and nauseous. Are you sipping tiny amounts? I had a prescription of dissolvable nausea medicine I took just in case and also Prilosec. He had me open the capsules and dump it in a little sip of Water to take. I hope you feel better really soon!!!

Thank you! Yes, this pain is so bad on the right that every time I move I feel like I'm going to burst my incisions open. Yes, small sips... and crushed ice is my best friend. I just took a protonix pill. I'm going to do the gas strip also. I can't imagine getting in my bed at least for a couple more days. I do not have a recliner, but I do have a big comfy chair. I strongly advise people to use a pillow over your stomach in the car because it seems like we hit every bump on the way home.

Sorry for your pain. I barely had any. We are all so different. I know my anesthesiologist also douses the surgery site with pain killer that lasts a bit while healing. Maybe yours didn't? You had laparoscopy?

Whatever is happening just remember it is temporary. Try not to focus on it and it will fade faster. Take your pain meds as often as prescribed and don't miss a dose. With bad pain you have to break the cycle and intermittent dosages don't work as well. Every 3-4 hours as prescribed just take it even if it isn't bad right now. It will help block it and you will relax and heal faster. We are here if you need us.

So you aren't taking anything now for nausea? You could ask your Dr to call in a prescription for the nausea med that dissolves under your tongue and some previcid. There is no reason to suffer unnecessarily.