Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op liquid diet .. Please help

^^^^^^^^^^^

What protien drinks are you suppose to take? I have tried several and one I really like is Syntrax Nectar fuzzy navel flavor. I havent had trouble drinking that one...but...we will see how i feel when im only drinking liquids starting Dec 26th!

I discovered that some Protein Shakes cause diarrhea for me, others do not. Sadly, while I enjoyed the organic Protein Powder from costco, my system doesn't like it. Syntrax Nectar is no problem, nor is Unjury, or Bariatric Advantage.

I used to like Premier Protein ready to drink, but after nearly three weeks of pre-op diet, I find it have a much longer after taste and so have stopped using it. 3 more days till surgery. My son and husband have come down with colds. I'm worried I will get one.

I'm on day 14 of liquids feel faint not getting enough nutrients doing the sugar free Jello and pudding poweraid zero and Protein Shakes but still feel very weak and have major stomach issues can't stop going to bathroom is that the point to empty us out before surgery?

the point of the liquid diet is to shrink your liver. The bathroom issue is probably more of a case of liquid in liquid out

I'm on day 14 of liquids feel faint not getting enough nutrients doing the sugar free Jello and pudding poweraid zero and Protein Shakes but still feel very weak and have major stomach issues can't stop going to bathroom is that the point to empty us out before surgery?

My dr is having me take a multi Vitamin because of the lack of nutrients. Maybe you are allergic to something in the Protein Drinks that's causing your stomach issues. I'd talk to your Drs about changing it to something different.

38 years old.

Max weight: 425

Starting weight: 405

Beginning liquid diet: 387

Current: 374

I needed to be on my liquid diet for 10 days.

I had already lost about 18lbs leading up to it... But no lie... I am 2 days from surgery and I've dropped almost 15 more from it.

I think this diet is more than shrinking your liver... It's practice for post-op lifestyle changes.

Hang in there! The first 2-3 days are BRUTAL... but honestly... It does get easier.

Hang in there and always stick to the program.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches