Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you weigh when you got pregnant?

Hello everyone,

I had surgery 3 months ago and I have lost 70 pounds. HW 345 CW 275. I had the surgery in hopes of getting pregnant, I am only 24, but my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years. I am worried I will always be big and won't get pregnant.

What weight were you when you got pregnant? How many months post op?

I need prayers for fertility. I hate that is has to be so complicated for me :(

Don't they advise you to wait a year to 18 months post surgery to get pregnant?

I think once you lose most of your excess weight, it may happen. I see it on these boards all the time. Congrats on the 70 pounds!

Hello just wanted to tell you not to lose hope, just like ur self I was trying to conceive for 5 years with no luck ???? doctors kept telling me it was due to my pcos and weight problems..anyway so a friend who had the same condition had the wls and boom! She got pregnat a year after she had the wls. she now has 3 kids???? ok long story short I had the gastric sleeve june this year sw:299 and got pregnat september at 235, Im currently 220 at 3 months pregnat and everything is going well .WLS was the best thing ever just like ur self I thought I was never going to be a mother stay positive and pray , pray , pray???? remember after wls we have to wait at least 9 months before trying to conceive I didint believe I could get pregnat this quick so I really didint care for bc???? best of luck dont worry you will be preggo when you less expect it????

Honestly give your body time to heal from this surgery and change. My surgeon recommends waiting about 12-18 months. Once you have gotten to that point your body may surprise you and be rearing to go in fertility. But to give yourself the best chance at a healthy pregnancy I would wait the recommended amount of time. The goal is always a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I work in an on/gyn clinic and we have had successful pregnancy in patients with weight loss surgery but it's really important to give your self a chance to adjust to this new life first! Then you will be the healthiest you can be for a normal healthy pregnancy and that perfect healthy baby!

Hello just wanted to tell you not to lose hope, just like ur self I was trying to conceive for 5 years with no luck ???? doctors kept telling me it was due to my pcos and weight problems..anyway so a friend who had the same condition had the wls and boom! She got pregnat a year after she had the wls. she now has 3 kids???? ok long story short I had the gastric sleeve june this year sw:299 and got pregnat september at 235, Im currently 220 at 3 months pregnat and everything is going well .WLS was the best thing ever just like ur self I thought I was never going to be a mother stay positive and pray , pray , pray???? remember after wls we have to wait at least 9 months before trying to conceive I didint believe I could get pregnat this quick so I really didint care for bc???? best of luck dont worry you will be preggo when you less expect it????

Congratulations!! And thank you for the support and hope.

Thank you and You are welcome, and like the ladies said give your body time to recover from surgery If I knew I was going to get pregnat this soon, I had waited but I didint think It was going to happend this soon , take care of your self and congrats on your weight loss????