Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With Kaiser's Bariactric Program?

Hello! I'm just starting my journey and will be starting the Kaiser 12 week class on Dec 1. Has anyone else gone through this program? If so, would you mind sharing about your experience and what the process is like? Do you have to get approved afterward like other insurance providers? I'm very new to all of this and Kaiser. I've been watching a plethora of YouTube videos (such a great resource!).

I'm in SoCal and did the options class at Kaiser in Carson. I had my surgery on 10/28/15. The options class was helpful and very informative. As long as you already have the referral to the options program you should be already approved for surgery as long as you meet your pre surgery weight loss goal. The surgeons have the option to put off your surgery until you lose the required weight. During the 12 classes you will get weighed in at the beginning of class. Hope this helps. If you're in the SoCal area let me know. I'd be glad to exchange numbers and information.

Hello! I am so cal kp as well. My Options classes were at Fontana and RNY bypass on 6/25/15 at St Bernadine. From what I have seen on BP each location is different. I'm sure all the programs are as good as the others. Just different opinions of what works best.

I'm in SoCal and did the options class at Kaiser in Carson. I had my surgery on 10/28/15. The options class was helpful and very informative. As long as you already have the referral to the options program you should be already approved for surgery as long as you meet your pre surgery weight loss goal. The surgeons have the option to put off your surgery until you lose the required weight. During the 12 classes you will get weighed in at the beginning of class. Hope this helps. If you're in the SoCal area let me know. I'd be glad to exchange numbers and information.

Awesome! Thanks so much...that was definitely helpful. I suspected that's the way it would go, but I wasn't sure.

How are you feeling? Which surgery did you have?

Hello! I am so cal kp as well. My Options classes were at Fontana and RNY bypass on 6/25/15 at St Bernadine. From what I have seen on BP each location is different. I'm sure all the programs are as good as the others. Just different opinions of what works best.

Hello! Thank you so much for responding...it is such a big help! How has your journey been?

I am with Northern California Kaiser and did not have to do any classes. I had to have my psych evaluation, and have other screenings complete like my female annual, and yearly physical. I did have to meet a pre-op weight loss goal before my surgery would be scheduled then a 2 week liver shrinking diet before surgery. I had my surgery in Fresno.

I have kaiser Sacramento and I just hit Goal weight just waiting on nurse to order labs.

I just finished the Options course at Kaiser Woodland Hills on Dec 16, on the 17th, I got a message that my referal was sent to the surgeon, and the following day I got a call and my first appointment is on January 6th. They require you to lose 10% of your body weight before the surgery. At 422lbs, I have 42 pounds to lose. As of this morning, I am down 27 pounds. I will be busting my butt to get as close to my goal weight as I can by my appointment.

I just finished the Options course at Kaiser Woodland Hills on Dec 16, on the 17th, I got a message that my referal was sent to the surgeon, and the following day I got a call and my first appointment is on January 6th. They require you to lose 10% of your body weight before the surgery. At 422lbs, I have 42 pounds to lose. As of this morning, I am down 27 pounds. I will be busting my butt to get as close to my goal weight as I can by my appointment.

@gentleoso I think your class was gathering at the table when I went for my orientation! I remember thinking how I wished to be as far ahead as you all were lol

@@Pounds Thou Art Loosed, I remember that day. Have you started your classes yet? We had a great class, a lot of chemistry with everyone in it. My wife had to make up a class, and said the other class was nowhere as fun as ours. Not that it is supposed to be fun, but I think it made everyone much more encouraging with each other because of the relationships we built. I don't know where you are mentally for this, but stick with it, keep your food diary and keep your Water intake up! Please feel free to to message me with any questions or comments, and good luck! I hope you are excited as I am about this journey we have begun.

@@thegentleoso Yes, I started them on Dec 1st. We are on a two week break because of the holidays. I kind of wish we didn't have the break. I really enjoy the classes and the accountability they provide.

Yes, you all had fantastic chemistry! You all had me laughing!!! It really is important (in my opinion anyway). Thanks so much for your offer...I may take you up on it!

I'm really excited about this journey. I've been ready for this for quite some time now. At first I was a little frustrated with having to wait another 5 months to have surgery, but I see now just how beneficial these classes really are. I'm very thankful for right here right now!