Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We cook supper 5-6 nights a week. It is usually easy stuff... grill some steaks and asparagus, throw some Tilipia in a skillet and heat up some broccoli, fajitas and bell peppers on the grill, etc... I like that when we cook supper it leaves me an instant lunch for the next day, I measure my portion of leftovers into Rubbermaid containers and stick in the fridge. Tonite I made a simple casserole with ground beef and cabbage, which will also be lunch tomorrow.

I like to make the sausage and egg muffins and keep in the freezer for a fuss free Breakfast.

I cook 1-2 X per week. chicken thighs. Enough for several days

That is a for sure every week as it is just me....

Only if my grown kids come over can I be coaxed into Salisbury steak or meatloaf.... Not too much of a red meat person.

We happen to have a restaurant in the family so once a week I'm picking up a salad or a wrap .

Otherwise deli meat. Chicken salad. eggs. Yogurt. Soup.< /p>

I actually read that people who were successful at keeping weight off ate many of the same foods regularly.

That is my deal and I hope to continue.

December will be 9 years. Wow.

It's just a regular habit now thankfully.

Hope I can keep my band forever????

I love to cook! I cook SO MUCH MORE after surgery than before. I cook 5-6 days a week. I like the idea of knowing the exact ingredients of things as opposed to going out and never being sure. It keeps me honest I guess.

During 2010-2011 I was contracting and working alot. I also was single. I started going to my fav restaurant Fri and Sat nights. I struck up a good friendship with the staff and soon had my own menu and table. They would place my drink on table at 8.00 as walked in the door. I even had a parking space on the sidewalk out front for my roadbike, so it became that I ate there every night of the week ! And not many healthy meals did I order. I felt like a Soprano and looked like one after few months. What-ya-gunna-do ? . I put on so much damn weight. So here it is in 2015 and after reaching Bobby Baculari size I have sleeve surgery.

Honestly I cook maybe half the night's if the week the other nights I just let my hubby fend for himself and I eat Soup or Cereal

I used to love to cook, but after surgery, hardly ever cook since surgery

Can only eat a few ounces so a lot of preparation goes into something that can barely fill a saucer.

Plus, food just does not interest me anymore, and lack of hunger - appetite probably feeds into it also.

Both my wife and I work, sometimes long hours, so we simply pick something up on the way home.

Last night was Chinese, and even then threw 3/4 of it out...

We go out a lot, and always bring home plenty of food, enough for the next day...so that's 2 days without cooking right there....and if we go out say twice a week, then that's 4 days of food for me.

I should add I only eat one main meal a day.

I don't cook much.

But that's about to change. I'm two days away from retirement! :)

For those of you who do cook, have you bought any Oxo Tot Block kind of storage things to keep 2-4 ounce leftovers/diced protein/sauces in? Any tips or products you love?

I cook every day. Sometimes it's just something simple like scrambling an egg fr Breakfast. Some days it's more elaborate like making Beans from scratch. Grits, oatmeal, from scratch, not a mix. Once and a while I even pull out the food processor and make veg burgers from scratch. I'm not a fan of processed foods. It's enough that I supplement to keep my Protein up. Also since I'm taking the time to chop veg, I count making a salad as cooking.

I love to cook. I don' think that's something that goes away after surgery, at least it didn't for me. I'm a great cook, which also contributed to my weight gain. Now when I cook, it's usually something special for the family, otherwise it's just something small for myself. My husband and son don't really like many of the same foods as I do, particularly anything healthy like vegetables. I love vegetables but can't eat enough before they go bad in the fridge, mostly any lettuce or like items that you have to buy in a package like mushrooms or carrots, that sort of thing.

I have to admit that I still enjoy some not-so-good-for-me foods, but I can't eat much at all so when I do indulge, it's now one small slice of pizza (if that) versus 3-4 slices of pizza! Big difference.

Last night we had ribeye steak and mashed potatoes. I ate a very small portion of steak, about 4 small bites and two tablespoons of mashed potatoes. It was an indulgence, but I felt like I ate a TON of food and felt bad like when I would binge before the surgery.

It's always been difficult at our house to make what everyone likes. Now it's twice as difficult with my limitations.

@@BLERDgirl, can you share how you prepare veggie burgers from scratch?

Pre-op, I didn't cook -- had long fallen out of the habit.

Now, a year and a half post-op, I cook dinner probably 4 nights a week. We wind up with leftovers that get stored, labeled and put into the freezer. Makes future lunches and dinners a lot easier.

I'm still figuring out ways to cook ahead. My 2016 goal is to cook a variety of main dishes only 3 nights a week that builds up in the freezer a two-week rotation of different dinner meals.

This is taking a little organization. ;)

@BLERDgirl, can you share how you prepare veggie burgers from scratch?

I'm not much of a recipe person. I have followed a few off pinterest, but mostly I just think Protein (bean, whole grins, TVP) + binder (egg whites, baked potatoes, tofu) + any veg & seasonings I like. Some come out really good like my sweet potato and black bean burgers. (Here's an easy recipe.) Some fall apart. If they fall a part I save the ingredients and make fritters with them in the waffle maker. Just make a savory batter and dump the ingredients in.

For me cooking is fun. I don't stress about making things too perfect. Thankfully I learned basics from my grandmother.