Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for on-the-go lunches?

One on-the-go food I enjoy is deviled eggs made with hummus. I usually keep a few hard boiled eggs on hand, so it takes me 2-3 minutes to make. Cut egg in half, mash up the yoke in a bowl, add 1 table spoon of hummus, salt, pepper (sometimes I add hot sauce)... mix well and then spoon back into the egg. 1 whole egg (2 halves) fills me up well. I find hummus moves slow through my stomach giving me a nice long full feeling. Generally I eat them with a small spoon and take my time, but I have taken them on the go and eaten them in the car in small bites.

I like the p3 Snacks they are portioned perfectly they have meat cheese and nuts. Also there is tuna fish in little on the go containers with crackers

@ I haven't seen those! I'll have to look for them.

Every day in my small insulated lunch bag I pack some of the following items : 2 hard boiled eggs, small container of diced up grill chicken or baked salmon, small salad, small amount of low sugar fruit, small amount of almonds, small piece of cheese. So, I'm away from my home about 12hrs a day, I love the comfort having my food gives me. Most days some of the items don't get eaten, but I continue to be prepared. I boil several eggs a couple times a week and make my grill chicken or baked salmon a couple times a week. I buy bag salad. Every night before I go to bed lunch is packed and in the fridge. Before I leave in the morning I add a couple of frozen packs!

@@finediva I totally understand that feeling. Being prepared definitely helps me.

Recently I'm eating a lot of sandwiches with Caulibread - sitting right at about 300 calories per sandwich when done (at 6 g carbs and LOTS of protein) but each sandwich is two meals, so we're right at the 150 mark you're looking for.

There are some specific sandwich recipes on there also.

@@Ashlegal where do you buy the Krave Jerky.

I have been ordering mine from a company bulkbeefjerky.com it is very tender too, but I am always open to try something new.

@@Smye I haven't heard of that!! I'll have to try and find it. I've really been missing sandwiches.

@@Indieflickers, I've linked to it in the post. Here is the link again: http://barideliciousfood.blogspot.com/2015/05/caulibread.html I've recently started adding dill and parsley to the mix for more flavor.

Canned sardines, the boneless, skinless kind in olive oil. Great with hot sauce!

@@Smye I'll add those ingredients to my grocery list!

@@glitter eyes

I have found it on Amazon, in Target, in Safeway (Vons), Sprout's Farmer's Market, costco and Fry's food (Kroger). It varies in price from each of these places and the best bang for you buck is buying it at costco.

@@Indieflickers, please do let me know what you think.

Indieflickers,

Good for you for noticing early that your own lunches aren’t looking as good anymore compared to the catered lunches you’re seeing!

What about: veggie burgers with a side of veggies (grape tomatoes, baby carrots, bell pepper strips; hard-boiled eggs with some fruit; drinkable yogurt (since you can’t use a spoon at your job); roasted soybeans or garbanzo beans; high-Protein snack foods (like pretzels or chips that are sold at online specialty stores).