Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't open any threads with an emoticon in the title

So I've noticed that I can't open any threads that have an emoticon anywhere in the title. Elode started one that say "help" with a smiley face, and all I get is "can't display this page" when I click on it. It happened with another thread before and I thought it was just a glitch, but now I see that ANY thread with an emoticon in the title is no-go for me.

Any thoughts? I've tried explorer and firefox, and it's the same.

Oh noooooo... now y'all know the secret to keeping me out of a conversation!!!

It should open in IE. Maybe there is something in the settings you can change?

When you lose 83 pounds, we will will give you the answer. :)

(Keep up the great work)

So I've noticed that I can't open any threads that have an emoticon anywhere in the title. Elode started one that say "help" with a smiley face, and all I get is "can't display this page" when I click on it. It happened with another thread before and I thought it was just a glitch, but now I see that ANY thread with an emoticon in the title is no-go for me.

Any thoughts? I've tried explorer and firefox, and it's the same.

Oh noooooo... now y'all know the secret to keeping me out of a conversation!!!

Please provide me with a URL example or two.

Elode's thread I can't open: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/354979-help-no-its-not-really-that-dramatic���/

On my screen, I see little question marks inside of a diamond instead of the emoticon symbol. When I preview before posting this, I see little boxes instead of question marks.

Here is the forum where that thread is: http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/386-general-gastric-sleeve-surgery-discussion/

I can preview the thread, but I can't open it. I've tried on both my laptop and on my work computer.

Elode's thread I can't open: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/354979-help-no-its-not-really-that-dramatic���/

On my screen, I see little question marks inside of a diamond instead of the emoticon symbol. When I preview before posting this, I see little boxes instead of question marks.

I verified and this is definitely an issue using Internet Explorer (IE). I didn't have issues using Safari or Chrome. I'm going to see what we can do to resolve this issue.

It should open in IE. Maybe there is something in the settings you can change?

When you lose 83 pounds, we will will give you the answer. :)

(Keep up the great work)

HA! I got in on Chrome! You can't keep me out now!

I woke up with a cold today. I've had some beef broth, and a sugar-free popsicle. Just don't want anything else, my throat hurts so much. I wouldn't be surprised if I hit 83 before the end of the day!

Seriously though, I am shocked and amazed at my progress. I was just certain this wouldn't work for me and I would be disappointed and be losing a pound a month or something.