Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for approval!

:faint:Is there anyone else waiting for Insurance approval? It is horrible! I do not have much patients especially for something that I want NOW! LOL

I have my surgery date scheduled for Aug. 13th but don't want to get things together until I hear that Im approved. I thought maybe we could start a new thread for those of us that are still in Limbo waiting for the call. We can support each other

Hello!

I too am waiting to get approval from my insurance company United Health Care. What insurance co. do you have? I am so anxious to have this done!

I have United Healthcare also. Do you think they will cover it. The surgeons office were skeptical that they would. I will be interested to know if you get coverage.

I have Horizon blue cross blue shield NJ. My doctors office seemed pretty sure I would be approved also but you just never know. Do you have a date for your surgery?

Our company policy with United Healthcare has been approved many other people within our company to have this procedure. My surgeon told me that United Healthcare is actually one of the easier ones to obtain approval from granted your company's policy does not have an exclusion for such a procedure. I am waiting until after they approve me to set a surgery date. How long have each of you been waiting for approval. My paperwork didnt get sent to them until July 12th? Who is your surgeon?

I have Unicare and they took a little over 2 weeks to approve my surgery. Don't be afraid to call and check yourself. I kept calling and they finally sent a note to the case manager that my surgery was already scheduled, so I got an answer 2 days later! Good luck!

My appointment was on Friday, July 13th so they said they were going to send it that day. I am going to call someone tomorrow to make sure it was sent. I am suprised that they gave me the date without approval.

I'm waiting too!!! On pins and needles.

My doctor submitted on Mon. My surgery is scheduled for 8/27/07. I wish my date was sooner but my doc is taking vacation in Aug.

I'm going to call on Fri to be sure GHI got the paperwork. I've heard a lot of horror stories about insurance companies saying they never got the paperwork - sometimes more than once.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Good luck to you Candle. Let us know after you call if they received the paperwork. I am calling today. I'll post when I find out anything.

I think this is a great thread. It makes me feel that I am not alone. I feel like I am on edge just waiting.....waiting.....waiting.

I guess you can say I am a control freek and can't handle the fact that it is out of my hands now.

ok PLEASE HELp!!!!!

I called the drs. office today and spoke with the surgical scheduler. She said that everything wasnt submitted until yesterday because they couldnt find the psyc. evaluation. They finally found it on the Dr. desk. So here I was thinking everything was submitted last friday July 12th and it wasnt sent until July 18th. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't freak out! Your surgery isn't until 8/13/07 – that’s almost a month for them to approve!

I would call your insurance company on Monday to make sure they got everything. Get the name of the person you speak with so you can call back that same person in about a week to make sure they have everything they need and the ball is rolling.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

I GOT APPROVED!!!!!! I called my insurance co this morning and they confirmed that I had been approved and that I would be receiving a letter of approval in the mail. I called Dr. Spiegel's office and they told me that they have to have the approval letter from UHC before they will set the date. I won't have my surgery until sometime after Aug 15th when my doc returns from vacation. I feel like the biggest weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Princesst- Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you. What relief you must feel. I have a great feeling that Candle and I will also here real soon. I am thinking very positive thoughts!

Everything was submitted on the 12 for you? If so that didn't take very long at all. Please keep us posted your date. As long as Im approved I will have mine ont he 13th. So it looks like we will all be banded around the same time. Where did you say you were from?

Val

Val,

Thanks so much for the support. I am from Lake Charles, LA and you? I will continue to pray for both of you to have your prayers answered quickly. I would call the insurance co. every other day if not every day until I heard something if I were you. I can't tell you what kind of relieve I feel........the lump in my throat that I have had has gone away in just knowing. Keep your chin up!!!

Congrats!!! I have no patience....I am counting the days until my required seminar just to get the paperwork. I might actually lose some hair before surgery. I know I probably have a minimum of six month of waiting to get through the whole process-but hoping I will find a light at the end of the tunnel like you did! i have health partners, but no one on this board seems to have that so I have no clue if they are easier or more difficult. If anyone knows, please post! Thanks!