Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my day

It is 7am and I have to leave at 9am for the hospital....I have had a long liquid week...wow it was long. Im not scared just dont want to feel like vomiting when I wake up. I can handle pain pretty well. Send me hugs! I will need them for the ride there. I feel like that might be the time I flip out!:clap2:

I was suppose to be at the hospital at 10:30 am Yesterday. I got there they called me right back for blood work. I thought here we go and my nerves set in .....WRONG! They were backed up and I did not even get taken back by my nurse till 3pm and went for my surgery at 4!

I was so over nerves by then . I had a headache from Hell. I had drank a Protein shake the night before at 6. I was starving and dehidrated by the time they put my IV in my veins were dry. Take my advice drink as long as they would let you.They at one point did check my sugar to make sure I wouldn't pass out waiting. The best part is when I woke up the headache was gone!

I asked for everything I could get for not making me feel sick...I always had before. I DID NOT FEEL SICK!!!!WOOHOOO!! I felt foggy when I woke up.Not muck pain just a little.

I said to my mom and DH on the way home I wish I could explain to you guys what this feel like.Its just hard to explain. Im sore and very slow.

Anyway back to my story..

I sat in recovery about 30 min and then they took me right to a private room whith my mom and DH and immediately set me in a recliner. Then brought some cranberry juice to mee..mmmmgood. I diluted it of course after that first sip but it was good. I had a bit of anxiety due to feeling like I needed to burp and scared I would vomit (IM paranoid). My family rubbed my feet as I came around. I got up and walked with a nurse to the bathroom and went,got dressed and went home at 7pm.

It was 3 hours from the time they called me back to discharge.Mom said when she kissed me and left it was no longer than 45 min and the doctor was out.

As for pain. The drive was an hour. I got home and went right to bed and took my first dose of my liquid meds. then again at 12am and now again at 4am. My prescription says 1to2 tsp every 4-6 hours. Im taking two every 4 for now.

It is very true your shoulder hurts.I need help getting out of bed.And pulling up my pants after the bathroom. The bed looks like th only place I cant move myself up from.

I just though I would sign on and let some of this gas move around. Im going back to bed now. Please feel free to ask me questions.:whoo:

Best of luck to you!

Today, July 19, 2007, is my day. I'm leaving home in just a minute. I have to report at 7:30 and surgery is at 9:00. I'll post as soon as I get home!

<p>Today is my day also......I have to be there at 10:30. Thanks for letting us know how everything went for you yesterday....I will post again sometime today....</p>

Well, I got home about 2:00 and took a nap. I've been up since about 5:00 drinking warm chamomile tea--yummy!

This surgery wasn't the walk in the park my gallbladder surgery was. I'm a bit more uncomfortable; certainly not painful, just discomfort. I guess it's the gas the blew my abdomen full of. I'm taking my gas-x chewables, drinking chamomile, drinking Water, and have actually found a lying down position that causes no pain at all.

All-in-all, a very good day!

I'm so glad you're doing well. Thanks so much for sharing!

My experience today was very similar. They moved me to surgery more quickly that you--I would have had some serious nerves too, if they hadn't.

I was taken back for the IV, pre-op meds, etc. Mom and DH came back and visited with me until they wheeled me into surgery at 9:00. I woke up in recovery around 11:30, got dressed around 1:30, and was home by 2:00.

I think the post-op xrays were the worst. It was hard to stand that long without getting nauseous, and the raspberry-flavored barium was pretty nasty! But then I got some delicious, room-temp Water to sip on. It made it all worth it.

Getting home to my own bed was the best! The liquid pain meds don't taste that great, but I'm LOVING my cherry Gas-X chewables. They taste like candy. I've only taken one dose, but am looking forward to the next one.

I thought I'd get out of bed, post a note, sip some more warm chamomile tea, and now I'm back to bed!

So far, so good!

I'm so happy to be a bandit! Finally :-)

Good luck to all of you, I cant' wait to join the club.

I had my surgery yesterday also.....Over all it went well, a lot of discomfort but, nothing to bad. I have to go back Monday for the barium and x-rays.

Melinda

Surgery 7/19/07

Doctor: Peter Lafon

Last night was a little rough. I didn't keep up with my meds and the discomfort got a little ahead of me. It's back under control, and today's not too bad. One day post-op. The only major pain is the gas that's trapped under my left collar bone. Ouch. When I lay on my back, it moves under my left rib cage, when I stand or sit, it rolls up under my collar bone. Walking doesn't seem to be working. Oh, well. It will eventually make its way.

I'm getting ready to sip on some warm chicken broth. The chamomile tea has been wonderful.