Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is going to be WILDLY popular... ;)

Good luck to you guys! I'm only 5 weeks post op but saw this and wanted to cheer you on!!!

Thanks @@LisaMergs ! I appreciate the cheering.

@@proudgrammy how is day 2 going for you? Not going to lie, it's harder than yesterday. I'm sitting here drinking Water. I have a metallic taste in my mouth and I'm sure my breath is killer. I'm from the Boston area so lets say it's "wicked killuh". And yes I brushed and flossed!

I have yoga tonight. It's kundalini yoga and it's very relaxing. I hope it takes my mind off of food. I've been seeing food everywhere.......I'll have to concentrate on not letting my third eye wander.

I'm staying strong though. That Life is Good T-shirt is in my grasp. Hope things are going well for you.

Morning of day 3. Doing ok. Savoring my Decaf hazelnut Dunkin Donuts coffee this morning :D

I drank a 16.9oz Water on the bus on the way in here. I think I do better when I start with Water first thing and then have a coffee. If I have a coffee first, I can't get the water in. Weird ehh?

So glad I went to yoga last night because it was just what I needed to stretch and focus. Yoga is no joke people....my back bends are getting way better! :blink:

Hope everyone is doing well today.

@@Margie122 said "staying strong"

i am so mad at myself

i blew day 1, messed up once and again :angry:

then said the helll with it!! (old expression i don't want to say again)

no use crying over spilt Protein shakes!! LOL

(i heard somewhere, "what's one day in the rest of your life?)

i officially started yesterday (thursday 4/28/16)

did terrific allll day

4 GNC Lean shake 25 gr Protein each = (56 oz liquid shake)

swiss miss is the only way to go!!

48 oz Water (will do better today)

today is my 2nd day, off and running.............

so far so good :rolleyes:

as far as staying off the scale

that is a challenge for me too

that will be a great NSV - i'm going for it too!!

holding up a whiskey sour (ahhh i mean water!!) in my hand to our success :rolleyes:

later

kathy

Hey guys doing liquids--- just bought Isopure ready to drink bottles to try. Refreshing flavors. Expensive as all get out though!!!post-284996-14619511367257_thumb.jpg post-284996-14619511518969_thumb.jpg

@@LisaMergs - I really like Isopure.....but you are right it is expensive as all get out. :wacko:

I am getting quite a bit of Protein in my GNC Lean shake 25....but I might have to check out Isopure again once the weather gets warmer...they have a ton of good flavors and sometimes I get tired of drinking "plain" Water.

Day 4 of liquids. I made it through Zumba this morning. I'm going for a short hike this afternoon. I am amazingly not starving. I really thought I would be hungrier. Keeping busy is key.

@@proudgrammy stay strong today!

Day 4 of liquids. I made it through Zumba

@@Margie122

you are doing terrific !!

you are surviving and doing great

i never had to do a pre-op liquids

this is all new to me!!

went to the movie "mother's day" today with Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston!! cute little movie - no oscars will be given, but it was nice to see with mom and sis

big NSV, turned down popcorn from my sister!! she pushed it a couple of times, but I "stayed strong!!" :rolleyes:

ANOTHER NSV - i've stayed off scale since Thursday!! that's huge for me!! not going on scale daily!!

am I great or what LOLOLOL

i agree on the staying busy!! i have not went on my treadmill for awhile. i was on for 30 minutes the past three days!! another NSV!!

treadmill is in a designated room, so i don't have any excuse not to use :angry:

i've led a sheltered life

i never did Zumba or isopure!!

maybe will be NSV in near future!!

OP, hope you don't mind margie and i communicating on this group board

if you don't like it - DEAL WITH IT!! :lol:

kathy

@@proudgrammy you are doing great too! Movie popcorn is downright delicious. My first job was at a movie theater and I sold the soda candy and popcorn. That was back when we popped it fresh each night. I would come home and smell like popcorn. Good for you for saying no. That popcorn has so much fat in it.....but goodness it's yummy.

Today I was assaulted by food commercials . I had to turn off the tv. There were SO MANY and for so many different things. It was too much.

I am currently enjoying a cup of Decaf chocolate Peanut Butter coffee ☕️. It's not bad. We have a discount store nearby where you can get 24 K cups for 12.99 AND they let you mix and match if you want. I bought a ton of different flavors today (all decaf) to try. You can't beat that price AND the expiration dates are all well into the future ☕️ I checked.

It was hard today I'm not going to lie. It was especially hard when my mom asked me to pick her up a chicken kebab for dinner. Boy it smelled like all sorts of deliciousness. I stayed strong and got some Soup and ate it while cheering on my nephews baseball ⚾️team. They lost but it was a beautiful night and you can't ask for much more than that. OK you can and I am hoping that the scratch ticket I JUST remembered I bought is a big winner

Tomorrow is day five for me and I know I can do it. My long sleeve T is practically ordered. I'm looking forward to jumping on the scale Monday morning. Fingers crossed this helped jump start my weight loss again. We shall see.

Tomorrow I have exciting things like washing the outside windows and taking a nap.

Day 5. Tried a new flavor of Decaf today - chocolate fudge. Not bad....I had some cinnamon last night and it was interesting. Not sure how I feel about cinnamon coffee. I woke up this morning and my ring was feeling really tight. It's weird I could barely get it off my right ring finger but it fit fine on my left finger. Is it possible to be swollen on one side only???? I do tend to sleep on my right side for most of the night, maybe that was it. It was also my first night on the new mattress. Who knows...I just hope my body isn't rebelling and holding on to Water. I resisted the urge to get on the scale though. No weigh in until tomorrow morning.

So this morning was the perfect day to wash windows. I got the ladder out and did the outside Windows on the back and side of the house. I just have the front bay windows left to do. I bought this spray cleaner at the hardware store designed just for glass and the stuff rocks! So much better than Windex. Amazingly it was very satisfying....the outside kitchen picture window was really dirty and now it's sparkly. It was also a bonus that it made my mom very happy.

I have some Tomato Soup for this afternoon once the rain comes in and it gets chilly. Already had one chocolate Protein Shake this morning with a little PB2 mixed in to make it interesting.

Last night at my nephews baseball game someone brought their new cockapoo puppy. He was so small I could've scooped him up with one hand. I WANT A PUPPY! But I think my kitties would be very upset with me......and I don't have the time for a puppy. One day I will have a dog but I will go to the shelter to adopt one .

That's all for now.....

@@Margie122 et al

Day 5

swollen on one side,

don't know if that's normal

but are you bud? (normal) !! :lol:

i love Tomato Soup, maybe i''ll have later

coffee sound good too!!

i know you have done so well!!!

big weigh in tomorrow!!

drum rolllll!

NSV i have gone on treadmill every day for 30 minutes

i have confidence in myself - i will work hard and continue for LIFE

or..... until i die from exhaustion

which ever comes first :D

i have a confession

i cracked a couple of times

i ate two Protein bars

and two yogurts

i cheated and weighed myself this morning!!

this was against the rules

people have been shot for less!!!

down 2.9 lbs

that's a lot less than it should have been!!

but its something!!

head hanging low

please don't tell anyone, our secret ok?

still have today's weight loss to subtract tomorrow

maybe i will have lost 37.6 lbs over night!!!! LOL

one more thing

you washed your windows today!!

i'll be expecting you tomorrow to wash MY windows

any other takers?!! LOL

good luck with tomorrows weigh in

i know you did great (hopefully, maybe, not sure, but possibly!!!! LOL)

we both need to remember "its" just a #

you'll have a great # - we weren't competing against each other - were we? smirk smirk

but............i wanted to win :lol:

we'll find out tomorrow on your day 5 morning

tuesday is my 5 day weigh in

kathy

@@proudgrammy I am far from normal! So you had a couple of Protein Bars and some yogurt....no big deal...you are down 2.9lbs that is awesome! I am excited for tomorrow morning. Not Christmas morning as a kid excited but still..excited! I am really hoping to be at 190. That would make me very happy. If I'm not at 190 though I will still be a big girl. No tantrums, no wailing or sobbing.

I promise not to tell anyone you weighed yourself. Your secret is safe with me

No we weren't competing against each other.....but I can honestly say I'm hoping we both do great!

I didn't get a chance to have a nap. That was my only disappointment today. I did score some new cool socks at TJ Maxx and a really pretty swimsuit coverup.

I will post my weigh in tomorrow! Best of luck to you today and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I made it the 5 days! :D :D :D

As of this morning I am down to 189.6 - it's the lowest weight I've seen on the scale since starting this weight loss journey. I am very excited.

Surprisingly even though I can have food today, I am not starving. Going to have a Protein Shake for Breakfast later and will then have a yogurt for a snack.< /p>

@@proudgrammy this is your day 5.....you can do it!

I had a dream last night that I was so swollen it was like I had an allergic reaction and that when I stepped on the scale it read 259lbs!!! Ok it was more of a nightmare. I woke up thinking....am I really 259lbs???

What is strange though is that my pants that normally fit me fine are a little tight. I'm definitely a little bloated this morning. It's almost that time of the month and last month it was virtually non-existent. How weird would it be if after five days of liquids I was retaining Water? ?!! :blink:

Still....it was a loss and I will take it! I'm considering it a win/win.

Had a yogurt this morning for a snack - a Siggi's mixed berry. It's about 5oz. I could really feel the restriction...YAY! Someone brought in those softball sized blueberry muffins from BJ's - the kind with the large crystals of sugar on the muffin top.... :rolleyes: but I don't need them for my muffin top. They did look a little tempting though....see how easy it would be to go down the slippery slope into Carbville and never emerge?! :unsure:

lunch is going to be some chicken salad....Need to try to eat slowly. It's hard to make it last more than 10-15 minutes though. Today I'm shooting for 20!