Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't believe I am saying this, but I miss salads. When did you guys introduce salads (lettuce and raw veggies) back into your diets?

I was allowed to at 6 weeks. Check with your surgeon and/or NUT, as everyone's meal plan is different.

I added spinach to my Protein drinks from week 1 but they were blended in the nutra bullet. I started back on salads and raw veg week .6. I agree check with your NUT.

I had my surgery on sept 2 and just had my first real salad today, lettuce and some cucumbers and tomatoes. I couldn't believe how much I missed a simple salad

I miss salads too. I'm 6 months post op, and I still don't eat salads. They just take up sooo much room, and there is no room for Protein if you eat a salad. and...there is really no nutritional value to a salad. At least iceberg lettuce salads. Spinach has nutrients. But, for me to keep losing, I need Protein. So, protein first, and no room for salads. It's ok. Its a small price to pay to get small and healthy

I am always puzzled by the stance that there is no nutritional value to salads. Yes we need Protein but we also need fiber, healthy fats, Vitamins and other nutrients that we can get from fruit and veg. I'd rather get nutrients naturally than pop a zillion pills and I definitely enjoy having normal bowel movements. Part of this process is relearning to eat. Doesn't it make sense to learn how to eat a balance meal?

I am always puzzled by the stance that there is no nutritional value to salads. Yes we need Protein but we also need Fiber, healthy fats, Vitamins and other nutrients that we can get from fruit and veg. I'd rather get nutrients naturally than pop a zillion pills and I definitely enjoy having normal bowel movements. Part of this process is relearning to eat. Doesn't it make sense to learn how to eat a balance meal?

My thoughts exactly! I've seen a number of posts on this site that make disparaging comments about eating salads (and even vegetables in general). When I get a salad, I usually get one with grilled chicken and make sure to get a decent chunk of chicken along with a bit of lettuce, etc. on my fork with each bite.

At 2 mo I was adding salad.... kinda. I make a salad and eat the meat and cheese off of it! Spinach salad with boiled egg, turkey/ham, cheese is yum.

3 months

I was allowed lettuce at one month, and other raw veggies at 6 weeks. I was so excited to add them back in, just for some more variety! Unfortunately, after I eat my Protein, I don't have much room left for salads or other veggies yet, but even a couple of bites have been wonderful! If you had told me two months ago I'd be excited about salad, I would have called you a liar!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

I've always loved salads, especially a good Greek salad with some feta, olives, tomatoes, anchovies, some places put stuffed grape leaves on it too YUM!!

I was cleared for salad at 7 weeks. I'm 3 months out now and eat them often. My little salads are full of Protein, at least 20g. I have my veggies but I add bacon, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, and cheese. I chop everything up tiny so there's a mix of protein and veggies in every bite. I also use Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing.

Also keep in mind not every salad has to have lettuce. Chopped veg makes a good salad. Sliced thin yellow squash & zucchini with onions & white bean or chicken breast served with a lite dressing or vinaigrette is great. Apples, walnuts and chicken makes a nutritious salad and you can swap the mayo for plain Greek yogurt to save calories & up the Protein. I do that with mock chicken and use lettuce to make wraps. It's not a ton of lettuce but I still get that nice, crispy crunch from the lettuce and apple.