Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all Toronto area LapBanders!!

I am part of the "Shrinking Violets", a group of men and women banded in April 2007 who communicate via LapBand Talk, and there are a few women in my group from Texas who are planning to get together for coffee. I thought that was a great idea and thought it would be nice if I could get together with some fellow LapBanders from the GTA. Please reply to this if you are interested or feel free to send me a personal message.

Wishing you all contiued success!!

Hi Puddy,

Are you only wanting to get together with other bandsters who were banded in April 2007? I was banded in April 2006, so am I not wanted?:) Let me know, either way that's okay!

Donna

VBG/87 Revised To Lapband/06 By Dr. Cobourn

251/145/125 goal

I was banded in Aug 06. Does that count too?

Sorry ladies I didn't mean to exclude anyone. All are welcome. My main objective is to communicate with those close to me. :)

Puddy I was banded on April 26th and would be happy to talk with you. We Canadians are a pretty friendly bunch up here and glad to share any info with you. Welcome North!!

Puddy I was banded on April 26th and would be happy to talk with you. We Canadians are a pretty friendly bunch up here and glad to share any info with you. Welcome North!!

Hi Puddy: Are you in Toronto? Some of us are getting together on Sat. July 28 at Kelsey's in Mississauga at 1200pm You are more than welcome to join us.:)

Thank you Donna. I too think us canadians are a pretty friendly bunch. :peace:

Lisa, I am from Toronto and I would love to join the July 27 luncheon. Are there any other details you can give me. For example, who are reservations under? Is there a thread for this luncheon?

Thank you Donna. I too think us canadians are a pretty friendly bunch. :peace:

Lisa, I am from Toronto and I would love to join the July 27 luncheon. Are there any other details you can give me. For example, who are reservations under? Is there a thread for this luncheon?

Hi, Patricia: Actually I don't have a ton of information I do not know whose name the reservations are under .

Here's what I do Know:

Sat. July 25 @ 12:00 @Kelsey's-- 6465 Millcreek dr. (N.W. corner) at Erin Mills Pkwy. near the 401/Mississauga rd/ Erin Mills Pkwy. Exit.

Is that an exit off the 401???? Does anyone have more information??

Hi All,

The luncheon is on Saturday, July 28th, at noon, the reservations will probably be under bandsters if not just tell them you are here for a group reserved at noon and should be easy to find it! You can try Mapquest for directions or take the 401 hwy to Mississauga Rd. exit. Go south and it turns into Erin Mills Parkway, don't follow the signs where Mississauga Rd. veers off. On the July luncheon thread I posted the email address of Laurie who you should email so she has an idea of how many seats she needs to reserve.

Or feel free to private message me your name, no. attending and I will pass the info on to her.

Donna

251/145/125 goal

Hi Donna, and everyone. I just met with Dr. C yesterday, I am scheduled for surgery on Aug 15. I am nervous and excited about the surgery. I am interested in meeting people in my area who have been banded. Would it be appropriate for me to attend the lunch at Kelseys next saturday? If it is just for "post ops" I will not be offended. I'd rather find out here than at the restaurant. Thanks very much

Hi Michee,

Congrats on your date with Dr. Cobourn, he is a wonderful surgeon! Of course you are welcome to come to the luncheon at Kelsey's on July 28th. I believe I posted Laurie's email address who wants people to email her so she knows a rough idea of how many people to reserve for. If you ever want to get together for coffee feel free to contact me, I have been banded for 15 mths. so I will try to answer any questions you have. Otherwise look forward to seeing you at Kelsey's.

Donna

251/146/125 goal

I am another Toronto bandster. I was banded in September 06 at the TLBC. If you all ever meet somewhere which is TTC-friendly - I don't drive - lemme know, eh. I would love to connect with the actual faces who sit in front of the computers. :ranger:

Hey Michee,

Congrats on your new journey....I too am going to be banded with Dr. C on August 7/07 though. I am so happy but cranky as I am on Optifast!!! lol....all the best with your surgery!

HI Michee & Sweetfor life;

It will be great to meet all of you!! I am coming from Up north in Wasaga Beach... I mapquested it so it shouldn't be too much trouble for me to find.

the only thing that might get in the way is that I got a new job (P/T) and I start on Monday... !!!

Wish me luck!