Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Classic case of over confidence...

Grrr. So I was within a pound of my next milestone, half way to goal. I decided to own that I'd get there this week and took advantage of a Columbus day sale and treated myself to a half way to goal gift.

Today is weigh day for me... Stepped on the scale and I freaking gained. Ugh! (My stalls seem to manifest as a loss one week then gaining the same same the following week). Lesson learned... No rewarding myself till I see the number on the scale!!!

I won't let this derail me. I'll reevaluate my intake, but am more than confident this is just one of those bumps along the way. I'm wearing an outfit today that just 'XL'... Not plus sized. I'm wearing a necklace my kids got me a few years ago that was too small for my neck at the time. And I tried on a winter coat I got at a thrift store a month ago and was tight, it fits now. Too many good things to let this hiccup derail me.

Onward and downward!

@@dhrguru - atta girl!

"onward and downward"

keep that thought in mind....I do the same thing lose 2-3 weeks in a row then may lose a 1lb or gain or stall ....then start losing again....its a journey :D

Those NSVs you mentioned are more important than the number on the scale. Keep focusing on that, and you'll get past this little Detour soon enough.

Remember..this is not a linear journey. It's full of ups and downs...two steps forward/one step back. Just don't obsess or lose your momentum.

It's not really a gain the way I look at it, since you're going to re lose it and then some anyway ;)

You just got your reward gift a little early is all :)

It's pretty normal for the course, so don't beat yourself up. You've come way too far and accomplished so much already. That victory gift may have been purchased a tad prematurely, but in no short order it will be yours for the win! With plenty of more wins to follow!

Good attitude regarding the temporary gain. I weigh every day and am getting used to seeing occasional temporary gains. At 8 months out sometimes I hear a frightened voice in my head asking,"Is this it? Have I reached the end of my weight loss?" I just keep on following my plan and try to think positively. I like your thought onward and downward!

You've got this!!! And WTG on all those NSVs!!!!

Water off a duck's back.....

Onward & Downward !!!!

You will feel great about earning the milestone gifts very soon.

You got this! You have the right attitude and that is about 90% of the battle. You just purchased early so that you can be even more excited! Congrats!

Every journey, no matter where you go will have a few speedbumps and detours. You just met one of yours. So do you immediately end the journey ?? ? Nope. Onward and downward !!

That is so cool about the necklace. Very cool. My son got me a 46" jacket for Christmas last year, and I thought, "oh dang, no way this is going to fit, and it did, little tight then, but it looked good. Now it looks great. And he likes it when I wear it at events and post the pictures on FB. The kids are looking at the INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MOM and are happy when they see that necklace on you. It may have embarrassed them when it didn't fit, but they love it when they see it working mom.