Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it's difficult but it is only temporary. That's what I kept telling myself. Some tricks I used:

Switching up to Decaf mint tea. Like the flavor. Very refreshing.

Tried infusing Water with mint leaves (sensing a pattern?), frozen peaches and strawberries

Checked out some crystal light. Didn't like it much.

Drank low-sodium chicken and beef broth.

Drank unjury chicken Soup. Added some pepper and a touch of salt. Really liked it.

By 12 days out I was able to have mushies. First egg I ate was heavenly. I'm now back to eating regular foods (with a few exceptions - my sleeve hates beef and decaf coffee, and I can't stand broccoli anymore) and the liquid phase feels like a long distant memory!

CJ

@@jobillandjosh - Isopure is unpleasant in Water, but I found it okay in Soup as long as I dissolved it before adding it to the soup and gave it a dash of Sriracha.< /p>

I grew to love my cream of black bean soup. Once I got to purees and soft foods I got fancy with it and garnished with diced avocado and shredded cheese. Thankfully I only had to do 2 weeks at each stage.

As others said above, it is only temporary. For me in my first 2 weeks, it was about mental hunger instead of physical hunger. I thought I was going to go crazy by the end of the 2 weeks, but you know what, I survived. And so will you. You will build your mental strength and then be able to conquer all of the things that we know we need to now as this is our new journey! Keep with it. You can do it!

I know the feeling! Honestly I didn't feel like eating anything just Water it was weird!! But ultimately I had to get it through my head that it would only last a week. For me I was allowed, water, calorie free sports waters, propel, Isopure and the broths. It was very important to keep hydrated. I literally counted down the days till I could go to phase 2 which was creamy Soups, Protein Drinks with less than 5gm of sugar and 150 cals. It was harder to maintain the 60oz of water and 40-60oz of Protein needed but they said not to strain myself. After 2 weeks of that I'm finally on phase 3 of blended/pureed foods (which is gross!) But it helps trick your mind into thinking you're eating in a way :) they gave me recipes to help sort it out and stuff. Only in phase 3 (22 days after surgery) was I allowed to have yogurt so deff check with your doctor before trying that out! After 2 weeks of this comes phase 4 where you can eat solids, (FINALLY) just gotta keep your eye on the prize! Maybe make a little mark down sheet or something :) I have a countdown on my white board for the 26th when I'll finally be abls to eat solids! Trust me when you start incorporating solids like Soup, take it easy, I did a booboo and kind of rushed a bit bc I really wanted to have it BAD and it hurt it was like a major cramp lol just take small sips! Use a baby spoon if you must :)