Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I was just wondering what everyone is doing for exercise. Tell us your plan, how long u have been doing it and what results have you seen so far. Also if you have a plan that did not work please post it as well.

My workout that I have always done to lose weight.

This is done with lower weight and higher reps.

MON & THUR: Tri's and Chest

TUES & FRI: Bi's, Back, & Sholders

Cardio everyday 1 mile on workout days 3 on wend SAT SUN off.

I lose alot with this routine. looking forward to hearing from you other guys. :boxing:

Presently I have been doing just cardio. I think I am going to start lifting this week ! I walk at minimum 2.5 a day and walk 4 or 5 like 2 or 3 days a week.

Monday: 7km run

Tuesday: 1 hr 15 minute intense circuit involving treadmill running, heaviliy weighted squats and lunges, push ups, tricep dips, biceps, shoulders, back and abdominals - a very heavy, general body routine that I devised myself.

Wednesday: 7km run

Thursday: circuit again

Friday: generally my day off

Saturday: circuit

Sunday 10km + run (gradually building distance as I want to do a half marathon).

Then I generally have the next day off as I need it after the long run and start the cycle again on different days. I just generally follow that cycle.

Hey ChrisNJ I was wondering your goal is 250. how tall are you to only want to go to 250?

My main goal is around 200. I need to get to 250 so I can take a certain job and go to Iraq. My bmi needs to be 35. I am 5'10".

Hey guys I was just wondering what everyone is doing for exercise. Tell us your plan, how long u have been doing it and what results have you seen so far. Also if you have a plan that did not work please post it as well.

My workout that I have always done to lose weight.

This is done with lower weight and higher reps.

MON & THUR: Tri's and Chest

TUES & FRI: Bi's, Back, & Sholders

Cardio everyday 1 mile on workout days 3 on wend SAT SUN off.

I lose alot with this routine. looking forward to hearing from you other guys. :boxing:

You HAVE to include legs in this. It's SO important to include legs because they are some of the biggest muscles in your body. More muscle = More fat burning when you're not even doing anything. A good leg work out is essential, my friend. :clap2:

My workout schedule:

Monday: Chest/Back

Tuesday: Bi/Tri

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Shoulders and Cardio

Friday: Off

Sat/Sun: Some form of intense cardio.

You HAVE to include legs in this. It's SO important to include legs because they are some of the biggest muscles in your body. More muscle = More fat burning when you're not even doing anything. A good leg work out is essential, my friend. :clap2:

My workout schedule:

Monday: Chest/Back

Tuesday: Bi/Tri

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday: Shoulders and Cardio

Friday: Off

Sat/Sun: Some form of intense cardio.

I know what you mean about working the legs, BUT, My legs already are so big for my hieght. I am 6'7" and only wear a 32 length pant. even when I did lose alot my last time I had huge legs. so I try and not get them any bigger, cause they actually don't match the rest of my body. but thanks for the advise.

My main goal is around 200. I need to get to 250 so I can take a certain job and go to Iraq. My bmi needs to be 35. I am 5'10".

I know this is off topic but chris what are you going to Iraq for? just wondering my brother has been there twice. And hopefully the last time he will be there. He is normally my work out partner but been hving to do it solo. BTW in case you maybe wondering he is in the army and is an EOD.

I am hopefully going as a contract fire fighter. I was supposed to go last year and had my ship date and was ready to go until they changed the BMI requirement to 35 and I got bumped. Needless to say I was pissed at myself over that one. So I am hoping to get down to that goal before Christmas and head on over for a year. Its pretty safe working environments for us because we don't go outside the bases.

Running 4-8 miles3-4 times a week, 2k fast the other 3 days a week - 1 day off from all running.

Heavy upper body weights on low mileage/off days

I have to admit I was horribly intimidated by the gym at first. Being the largest person in there and not really understanding what to do to accomplish goals other than walk on a treadmill. I decided on a personal trainer. I see him twice a week and then try to get at least two more days of cardio in for an hour a day. Then on Wednesday's we have 2 hours of ballroom dancing. I come out of that dripping with swaet just like the gym so i count it. I guess I should wear my heart monitor next time and see what zones I hit.

I walk on the treadmill about 1.5 miles 3 or 4 times a week! That's it! I need to incorporate weights at some point, but for now, I'm just amazed that I even get on the treadmill....I don't like to exercise!!!!!

Toni

I am hopefully going as a contract fire fighter. I was supposed to go last year and had my ship date and was ready to go until they changed the BMI requirement to 35 and I got bumped. Needless to say I was pissed at myself over that one. So I am hoping to get down to that goal before Christmas and head on over for a year. Its pretty safe working environments for us because we don't go outside the bases.

Thats cool I hope you hit your goal soon so that you can go. good luck

Toni I don't know if you have never worked out before, but if you haven't please take it easy cause u can hurt yourself easily lifting more thanwhat you are ready for. but good luck with the taining.

Tuesday & Thursday: Shoulders/Back/Chest

Wednesday & Friday: Legs/Biceps/Triceps

Cardio everyday 35 minutes

That's my routine

Guys,

I am scheduled for the band in the beginning of October. As soon as the Dr. will let me I will be going back to my excersise routine. smile.gif

Here's my question - think.gif

Being over 370lbs I already have man boobs. My concern is that as I loose the weight they will get bigger. Do any of you know what type of excersise will help make them tighter?

I realize that if I loose eneough weight I may need to have surgery.

Thanks for starting this thread, it's a real help.