Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready

I go in Oct 7, for my surgery. Getting the Gastric by pass. Started this ride in Jan and now finally the procedure. I have been experiencing a little anxiety as I get closer to the day but this is what I've been waiting for.

Good luck, Steven. I had RNY the end of April, have gone from 55 BMI to 39, lost 100#, 4XL to XL. I was surprised the weight loss was so rapid, otherwise no real shocks, it has gone well. The diabetes is 85% better, the high blood pressure gone, the urge incontinence 90% better, edema gone, etc.... great results. You will do well!

The over 6' crew is represented. :P

Best of luck to you. The anxiety is sure understandable.

I can remember being highly anxious during prior surgeries when getting stuff repaired....hernias, ankle, etc. I'll be following a week behind you on the wls. A little bit nervous now, too.

That's great progress @VLD

@StevenL... Good luck on your journey!!!

Thanks Guys, Just a really big change.

Good luck with your WLS next week!

Steve

Good luck @@StevenL I totally understand the anxiety! I'm having my bypass the day after yours!!! Best of luck!

Oh sorry I didn't realize I was in the guys room lol oh well not the first time lol!!!

Edited by 60&goin4it

Ready to be free............thanks

Success to you as well.

Good luck @@StevenL I totally understand the anxiety! I'm having my bypass the day after yours!!! Best of luck!

Oh sorry I didn't realize I was in the guys room lol oh well not the first time lol!!!

I can remember being highly anxious during prior surgeries when getting stuff repaired....hernias, ankle, etc. I'll be following a week behind you on the wls. A little bit nervous now, too.

Dub, good luck with your surgery. I think we tall guys do fine --- I notice even after 100# down I am still tall....

Maybe its the view.lol

Dub, good luck with your surgery. I think we tall guys do fine --- I notice even after 100# down I am still tall....

Today is the Day! No looking in the rear view mirror. Thanks for the encouragement...Next time I'm on will be new beginnings

Rock on @@StevenL

well I did it. The dr got in and said that he had to do the sleeve due to my intestines being short to reach. Still kind of loopy but getting stronger staying hydrated is a chore and sore but other than that all seems well. Thanks for the encouragement!

I go in Oct 7, for my surgery. Getting the Gastric by pass. Started this ride in Jan and now finally the procedure. I have been experiencing a little anxiety as I get closer to the day but this is what I've been waiting for.

well I did it. The dr got in and said that he had to do the sleeve due to my intestines being short to reach. Still kind of loopy but getting stronger staying hydrated is a chore and sore but other than that all seems well. Thanks for the encouragement!

It gets better everyday. In a few months you'll be feeling even better! Welcome to the tribe!