Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Crazy Ates invites all August banders to join us!

Well, its been 9 days since banded. I'm back at work doing half days and its really wiping me out but I get to sit and I'm on the computer most of the time. I had creamy potato Soup yesterday and that is the most substance I've had since pre-op Clear Liquids. It was yummy but I got full fast. I have to keep remembering I can't drink and eat at the same time. I got the hiccups yesterday and that was uncomfortable. I'm 14 pounds down and all the gas and most of the swelling from surgery seems to be gone. Good luck to you all.!!

Hi to all I will be banded on Aug. 20 also. Going to join the CRAZY ATES also. I love to hear what people are eating new ideas after surgey, how you are feeling. Good Luck to everyone.

Hi there, I can't believe August is half gone already.

I'm Nikki and my banding date is August 22nd!

Good luck to you all and I look forward to hearing your experiences!

Hi crazy-ate-ers, This is my first post ever but my date is set for 8/23 and the closer it gets the more nervous I get. Sooo I thought I would join in for some much needed support. I live in Montana and have not been able to find any support groups here. I know there must be others in this area that are going through this procedure.......Where are you?? Anyone with some soothing words of wisdom for me?

Hi crazy-ate-ers, This is my first post ever but my date is set for 8/23 and the closer it gets the more nervous I get. Sooo I thought I would join in for some much needed support. I live in Montana and have not been able to find any support groups here. I know there must be others in this area that are going through this procedure.......Where are you?? Anyone with some soothing words of wisdom for me?

dreno, my band day is aug 23....holy moley, that's just a couple of days for us!!!!!!!!!! My surgery is scheduled for 11 am and my doc keeps his banders in the hospital over night. I was not thrilled with that idea but, posters have said they were glad to have been able to spend the extra time under watchful eyes...so, we shall see how I fare. How about you?

Sorry, I am a wreck, I'm afraid I have not been very soothing, but, dang I do understand some of your apprehension. We're going to get this thing done and we're going to be the healthier for it!!

post-220490-13813135403707_thumb.gif

try spending two nights in the hospital. I guess I was allergic to the blood thinner they gave me right before surgery. So I had to stay til I was stable to go home. I felt great but had to stay anyway.

I was possibly prepared for one night but was told it would probably be outpatient. So this was a surprise and a disappointment as I didn't sleep well the first night. The second was better and then home. When I got home I was well on my way to feeling good. Now 10 days post op I feel good. I've lost about 8 pounds post-op so that's great too.

New Crazy Ater here! I was banded 8/16 and I've really been doing well. No major gas, shoulder or back pains. Almost fully mobile. Drinking Chamomille tea to help reduce the swelling & gas that's still there. This tightness in the chest feeling is strange but am learning to know what foods go down & which do not. Trying to stick to baby food at this point.

Way to Go Crazy Ates!! I am now in Bandland !!!!! Banded Fri. Aug, 17th. in Toronto. Well,....uummmm.....they were great in Toronto! Although I think I drove Carmela, the recovery nurse a little cuckkoo, but she was good. Very nervous..Was ecstatic when they did the weight in!

I had lost 8 pounds on the preop! I was a little disappointed, but I knew I had cheated, so overall I was pretty happy. Its now the gas pains that I am having problems with. I am walking around too. I caved in this morning and had a coffee (not supposed to yet), but have weighed

myself and have lost another three pounds !!!!:whoo:However, I am having a big problem with the meds - how on earth can I crush them????

They taste like poison but i have to absolutely take them. I tried to get a hold of my shrink and family doctor and they are away. I remember on this med you cant quit cold turkey. What do I do?:help:

Anyway, I am already having to face many emotional issues that I have to work through, this is what its all about I guess. But I am thrilled to be an August Bander!:clap2: P.S. How can my stomach be grumbling already?

willB2hot:eyebrows:

I had the same problem with meds. Looking for ibuprophen in liquid was difficult, my husband brought me baby ibuprophen. I told him I would have to take almost an entire bottle per dose. So that didn't work, then i got gel liquid caps and emptied them. Almost burned my mouth off. Ouch. Now I'm just crushing them. That's the least trouble.

As for the other meds I take them in a spoonful of yogurt and it's not bad. Also my husband asked the pharmacist for liquid versions of some of them, I found a liquid metformin. It's horrible but liquid and better than the large pill crushed. V8 juice eases the taste quickly.

Ask your doctor about liquid versions....of course when they are back from vacation. I also had that problem too.

Good luck to you and blessings.:ranger:

Hello all,

I am also a crazy ate -was banded on august 15th by DR Ortiz in Mexico. I have gas pains like crazy. I have been taking baby liquid tylenol, but I am about ready to chop my left shoulder right off. Its been 5 days - aagh. It does come and go, luckily... or I'd be ready for the funny farm.

I'm Canadian too - so I know we don't have access to the extra strength liquid tylenol that is available in the US.

I'm eating yoghurt, Protein shake , cream Soups blended to get out the chunks,babyfood with added salt.

I have a garden full of tomatos and cucumbers and would love to make some gaspacho but have no idea if I could eat that? Anybody got some wisdom on that?

try spending two nights in the hospital. I guess I was allergic to the blood thinner they gave me right before surgery. So I had to stay til I was stable to go home. I felt great but had to stay anyway.

I was possibly prepared for one night but was told it would probably be outpatient. So this was a surprise and a disappointment as I didn't sleep well the first night. The second was better and then home. When I got home I was well on my way to feeling good. Now 10 days post op I feel good. I've lost about 8 pounds post-op so that's great too.

Sounds like you are doing great. Can you tell me what blood thinner you were given? I will need Loevnox (sp?) and have never had any blood thinner and of course , I am hoping I tolerate this one. My mother has had DVT but, I have not, so the doc wants to be cautious. I am told I will need to have injections for a month.

You are doing great in spite of that little set back regarding the blood thinner.

(motel medical is an inside joke. when i was in the hospital having my first son my husband made a little Freudian slip !!!! and referred to the hospital as the "motel". wth?? i had just given birth to a 9 pound baby and he thinks i'm on vacation. what a guy.)

Hello all,

I am also a crazy ate -was banded on august 15th by DR Ortiz in Mexico. I have gas pains like crazy. I have been taking baby liquid tylenol, but I am about ready to chop my left shoulder right off. Its been 5 days - aagh. It does come and go, luckily... or I'd be ready for the funny farm.

I'm Canadian too - so I know we don't have access to the extra strength liquid tylenol that is available in the US.

I'm eating yoghurt, Protein shake , cream Soups blended to get out the chunks,babyfood with added salt.

I have a garden full of tomatos and cucumbers and would love to make some gaspacho but have no idea if I could eat that? Anybody got some wisdom on that?

My Doc says if it is thin enough to suck through a straw (you don't really use a stray its just a way to judge how thin the food is) you can eat it. Cook them well season it the way you like and blend the veggies well. Thin with chicken broth and strain it. Sounds like it would be delicious.

Fresh veggie Soup was my favorite. I was banded on Aug 1 and although I can eat fish and veggies I still love the Soup for lunch.

Good luck to you,

Munch