Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need your support!

They say if you don't ask for something then you're not going to get it, so I'm asking for support if anyone is willing to lend it. I could especially use some encouragement from the longer-timers out there.

Since I started the bariatric program in May 2014, I have lost 90 pounds.

I was sleeved in November 2014 and have lost 71 pounds since surgery. My surgeon's office told me I "was not doing as good" as I could, but that was "OK." (This was probably not the best thing for them to say to me.) I have been in a stall for the last three months. This is mainly because of my actions and allowing other people to negatively affect me.

My father-in-law made a pass at me and it triggered me to start binge eating -- even with the sleeve. I have been under an enormous amount of stress. I am grateful that I have now figured out what triggered my downfall and I am getting help from my pre-op psych eval guy to work through unresolved issues, which apparently are still causing me to make the same decisions about food.

I look back today and I say 90 pounds is a lot! I can also say that 71 pounds since surgery is a lot. I don't think that's "OK." BUT -- I know I can do better and I know I have lost three months of success because I let someone mess me up. This is my pattern - I allow other people to mess me up.

I need your help because I want to keep going. Not only do I want to lose weight for me, but now I am mad and I want to show the people in my life that they can't do this to me! No one is going to take away my success and my joy!!! I want to prove that I am stronger than any of the crap that people throw at me! I need to reclaim my life.

Any encouragement you can give me would be a great help!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

You actually can be your own biggest cheerleader.... You wrote "No one is going to take away my success and my joy!!!" Let that be your mantra. All day. Every day. If that's how often you need to keep reminding yourself.

Nobody needs to tell you what you've done wrong - you know yourself that you were binge eating. With your psych help and the knowledge of what you need to do to continue to make progress in your weight loss journey, you got this!!

Good luck!!

When I got near goal, I had a Brother in law make very in appropriate remarks about me and my appearance. I let him have it and he apologized. I think part of developing a reslience and ability to maintain yuor weight loss, you simply cannot let other people's bad behavior trigger binging. While I get that the deal with the FIL sucked, lets be honest, life is filled with crap I would rather not have to deal with.

I strongly suggest you get help to address emotional triggers for over eating, specifically binge eating. This will completely undermine you down the road if you don't address them. I have been at goal since Feb 2013 and in those 2 years I have encountered many reasons to want to bury my emotions, and part of my transformation is to find new ways, healthier ways to cope with life. I am succeeding, but it isn't always fun or easy.

You have done very well and I think your main focus should be on "protecting those losses" and not regaining. If you want to get slimmer, you have to go back to all the bariatric basics - Protein, hydration, exercise, minimize carbs etc etc etc.

Write that mantra on your bathroom mirror so you see it every day...you can do this! Good luck!!!

It sounds like you are now in the mind frame where you need to be. You've recognized the problem and are energized to get back on the right track. You had amazing success and there's even more waiting for you just ahead.

Lock in your mind and heart exactly how you feel now and what led you here. Never forget, but move onto a better place. You've got this!