Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@chavonjb Good to hear from you! You look great in your picture!!! I just have 12 lbs to goal too! This is the hardest of them all! We will get there!!!

I love all of these updates! And congrats to those of you at goal. My calories are between 1200-1600 but I don't want to be in maintenance. I wonder if I should lower them a little since that seems to be where people are when they want their weight to stabilize! I still have more to lose.

Is everyone else able to eat considerably more since 8 months? I feel almost normal. Not the old me. But what would be normal eating.

Normal eating. Imagine that?!? Lol

@@anewme2015 I don't eat near 1200, probably closer to 900-1000. My loss is around a 1/2 lb a week, depending on how much walking I do if any. I don't eat much at a time like I use too. I try to quit as soon as I feel slightly full. I notice I snack more than I use to. I try to only snack healthy, but when the company is here I get into their Snacks. Not good. I bought some healthy choice fudge bars 80cal, & eat one a day, which seems to satisfy my sweet tooth. Normal, not sure yet.

We are into our 1 year anniversary month. I'm wondering how everyone is doing????

My one year anniversary is on the 22nd. I can't believe it's been a year already. I'm down 146 pounds. Hope everyone is doing well.

We are into our 1 year anniversary month. I'm wondering how everyone is doing????

Wow, time flies, right!?! Hope you are all well! I'm doing great :) My weight loss has screeched to a halt, but I know that is due to my not exercising enough. So happy I got the surgery, though it still feels so surreal sometimes, all this rapid weight loss. I am determined to keep it off! Happy Surgiversary Month, everyone!

@@anewme2015 I don't eat near 1200, probably closer to 900-1000. My loss is around a 1/2 lb a week, depending on how much walking I do if any. I don't eat much at a time like I use too. I try to quit as soon as I feel slightly full. I notice I snack more than I use to. I try to only snack healthy, but when the company is here I get into their Snacks. Not good. I bought some healthy choice fudge bars 80cal, & eat one a day, which seems to satisfy my sweet tooth. Normal, not sure yet.

Hi 60&goin4it,

I haven't posted in months, but I started posting on BariatricPal around September/October of last year. It's taken more than a year, but I'm finally having surgery on December 12th!! I'm working with BariatricPal TeamMX and Dr. Illan is doing my surgery. I'm so excited!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@GBLady41 So glad to hear from you!!!! Finally you get to start your journey! It has been much easier for me than I had ever dreamed! Surgery wasn't near as bad as thought! The first couple of weeks, hard because of just sipping & trying to get your fluids down. But I'm now 13 months out, reached my goal of 150, & feel better than ever! Best decision I ever made! Wishing you the best of luck & a lot of it is attitude! Be positive & do everything the dr. tells you to do because it does work & you will have the best results following their direction!!

Hi everyone! What a year!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I was on vacation at my 1 year from surgery & when I reached my goal! Yes I reached my goal while on vacation!!! First time I didn't gain wait while on vacation!! Hooray!!! I went for my 1 year check up a couple of weeks ago. 80lb loss! All of my blood work came back good!!!! Except kidney, I need to drink more Water :rolleyes: ! Still struggle with it! Although my doctor said I could drink Water right up to my meal, I don't have to wait 30 minutes before I eat. I still have to & will always have to not drink during meals or 30 minutes after! It flushes the food through too fast to get the nutrients you need. I can eat anything, except not too much sugar! I still have to chew my food, especially meat really well or I get that slightly stuck feeling or feel too full too soon! Sending you all hugs for helping me get through this! Couldn't have done it with out you all!! Let us know how you are doing! Your friend Terri!

:)

@@60&goin4it,

I'm on the losers' bench!!! I had gastric bypass surgery this past Monday, December 12th. I'm doing great and looking forward to my new life!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@GBLady41 Hooray! Just remember it only gets better! Stay positive! Glad your surgery went well!!!