Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my sleeve on September 17.2015 so it's been exactly a week. First days I was in horrid pain as far as like a pulled muscle , it's better now..... But now I have a worse problem... I'm depressed, I want to eat food, doesn't have to be the old choices i used to make ... Just food!! Even a salad!!! I'm stuck on purée for three weeks and I'm so unhappy. I have stopped eating besides a few spoons of applesauce and maybe a Protein Shake a day . Of course water... Anyway everyday I'm regretting having surgery and I just want to go back. Seriously. I've lost 16lbs in one week, I'm 328 now so you can't tell physically .... So that's no motivator, thinking this is temporary doesn't help either.... Idk what to do... :(

You know the saying, "Fake it until you make it?" That's what you have to do. You have to get your Protein and Fluid in. There is no if, and or butt about it. Not getting in the proper nutrition can hinder your healing, hinder your weight loss, cause hair loss and negatively effect your health overall.

If you really can't get it together then call your doctor and/or seek therapy. It's just that serious.

Aw I know how you feel I'm am 1 week post op and I'm going through the same exact thing I just just try and stay positive I know it's easier said then done but I got faith in you girl it will be all be worth it

Aw I know how you feel I'm am 1 week post op and I'm going through the same exact thing I just just try and stay positive I know it's easier said then done but I got faith in you girl it will be all be worth it

Yeah, I know it will be but I just wanna be normal again.... Ugh

The first couple of days I was the same I would cry and I didn't know why but that will get better it's just a lot to get use to at once it can be overwhelming

The first couple of days I was the same I would cry and I didn't know why but that will get better it's just a lot to get use to at once it can be overwhelming

How much have you lost? What do you eat?

I have lost 16 pounds so far. Eating wise I eat yogurt the lite and fit Greek strawberry cheesecake has been my favorite so far soo yummy I usually have have Protein in the morning either I mix in pudding or make a shake when I feel the need to chew on something sugar free Popsicles have been the best I'm not a fan of a lot of broths so these things and lots of Water have been like my go to things

Welcome to your new normal. small, high Protein meals are it for life! Please try to come to term with that now. The sipping, the puree stage, the soft food stage will all pass and quickly be a distance memory, but eating high Protein small meals is it for life.

I'm getting use to it its an adjustment but I choice to do this and live a healthier lifestyle after stepping on the scale for the first time and seeing the weight coming off it really gave me that push and a sense of confidence that I can do this attitude

Welcome to your new normal. small, high Protein meals are it for life! Please try to come to term with that now. The sipping, the puree stage, the soft food stage will all pass and quickly be a distance memory, but eating high Protein small meals is it for life.

Yeah but I'm still having pain drinking Water and burping..... I can't even quench my thirst.....

It really one day at a time. Your body is healing. Sipping and ice chips are just what you have to do now. The early days aren't always easy, but you do what you have to do. Not eating will only extend the healing process and pain.