Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband to sleeve revision surgery set for 10-7-2015. Scared????

I'm new here. I had lapband 4-19-2011 & had a lot of complications had it removed 6-3-2014. I am set to have revision surgery to sleeve 10-7-2015. I'm 5ft my starting weight was 199 I got down to 126lbs had band removed & now I am currently at 188lbs & back on blood pressure meds & cholesterol meds & I have fatty liver. I'm back to no energy & everything hurts, knees & back. I am scared about the sleeve because I'm afraid if I start losing too much weight I won't be able to control is. I only have 60lbs to lose. I was wondering if anyone had that problem, losing too much weight?? I hope I don't sound ridiculous ???? I just don't won't to look sick. I feel terrible & I want the weight off of me. My surgeon assured me I wouldn't be losing 100lbs, that the sleeve would just be taking the place of the lapband. We are paying cash & im also praying I have no complications, the last thing I won't is to be a burden to my family. My surgeon is Dr. Jason Balette in the woodlands, tx. He did tell me he would look around inside of me & if things don't look healthy he will not proceed with surgery because when he took my band out he told my family I was a mess inside, the worst he'd ever seen. He did not do my band a doctor by the name of dr. Richard Wilkenfeld did my lapband, & punctured my colon, had 4 days in the hospital & then 4 weeks later repeated lapband surgery (way too soon). Dr Richard Wilkenfeld was practicing around the Conroe, Tx & Houston area, he's no longer in practice because of law suites. So for such a long post again I'm new ????. I am scared????

I'm revising too... 9/29!!! All happened so fast.was approved in 1 week and now on pre-op diet which is South beach Supercharged Phase 1

@cargirl2013, my surgery was moved to 11/2 :/. I have tried to stay on course, but it's not easy. You are going in after tomorrow!!!! How exciting! Sending you thoughts of strength, speedy recovery and healthy weight loss on your day. Love and hugs my dear!!

I am nervous and excited as well. I am having a revision from a lap band to a sleeve as well on the 26th. I had my lap band from Dec 2009, and I lost about 59 lbs but wouldn't lose anymore and started to have complications with subsequent fillings. I had it removed in Aug. I can't wait.

I am nervous and excited as well. I am having a revision from a lap band to a sleeve as well on the 26th. I had my lap band from Dec 2009, and I lost about 59 lbs but wouldn't lose anymore and started to have complications with subsequent fillings. I had it removed in Aug. I can't wait.

That's awesome! Let us know how you are doing!

Hi all its normal to be nervous, I'm a band to sleeve revision patient due to the band failing. I was revised 12 months ago and i have not ever regretted that i made this decision. It has been the best decision i have made for my health and wellbeing. I have lost 154lbs in 12 months.. Yes you read that right ???? and I'm still losing. I had a few challenges in the first 6 months, i could not eat meat or dairy and i developed GERD. At the 7 month point i was able to meat and dairy and now i can safely say that at 12 months my GERD is all but gone ( once in a very odd blue moon do i have to take meds for it). I have lymphoedema on both lower limbs and that is almost gone. Life is good!!

I wish you all the very best in your weight loss journeys xox.